BB: NCAC: North Coast Athletic Conference

Started by woosterbooster, December 29, 2005, 03:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Acula

Quote from: motorman on October 16, 2012, 10:36:03 PM
Leftiesdad,

Just had to comment on your opinion of Keuka on Allegheny's schedule. I knew someone on the Keuka team who started last year as a freshman. Actually he was from Dr. Acula's alma mater, Uniontown Lake (which is essentially in Hartville). Transferred back closer to home this year. I think Keuka started the season 2-3, both wins coming against Lancaster Bible College. They lost 21 in a row after that to end at 2-24. Their trip to Lancaster PA was their spring trip. I think the biggest indictment against the program is the number of games played. I don't think they have played 30 games in the last few years. If you are serious about the game, you play all 40 games you can.

How the heck did a kid from Lake end up in Keuka Park, NY??  I guess maybe the same way a kid from UA ended up there?

Bishopleftiesdad

I cannot post any more details. It would be too easy to identify the young man. I know he went back this year and that the coach really wants the team to be good.

Dr. Acula

I wasn't saying that negatively at all.  I'm sure the new coach is just expanding his recruiting area.  I was just saying it tongue-in-cheek because it's a kid from my hometown going to a D3 school I've never heard of in a place I've never heard of and not because they're good.  It just seemed random because Keuka has been bad.   

Bishopleftiesdad

I did not think you were being negative at all, Doctor. I always appreciate your posts and insight. But you are right they have been bad, very bad.

motorman

The player we know from Lake was spotted at a showcase he attended his senior year by the coach from Keuka.

Bishopleftiesdad

Witt has released their Schedule.

http://www.wittenbergtigers.com/sports/bsb/2012-13/schedule

Earlier schedule looks stronger than last year. They play Trine, Capital and Mount before entering conference play. They do not have anything listed before 03/16. So I am not sure were they are going for spring. Capital and Mount were pretty good last year. Mount made it into the OAC tourney last year.

I do not know much about Trine other than they had a 12-13 playing out of the MIAA.

Bishopleftiesdad

Still waiting for Kenyon's and Denison's schedule. I imagine that with Deegan being the new coach and the date he was hired that they may still be tweaking it.

Bishopleftiesdad

Quote from: BigRed on July 12, 2012, 01:30:13 PM
Bishops Lefty,

The only other one I could find is Duxbury from Denison who is playing in Alaska.

http://alaskabaseball.bbstats.pointstreak.com/team_stats.html?teamid=35699&seasonid=13006&view=pitching

8 games 16 innings 6.19 ERA. 

Hopefully the competition will get him ready for the spring.

Looking around at summer leagues I found Colgain started out in the Valley on the River Bandits. Looks like he ended the season on Dig-in baseball in the Maryland Collegiate league.

BigRed - Any Denison news you can give me? I see they have not released their schedule yet. Do you know were they are going for their spring trip? Any idea what tournament?

Were you able to attend any Fall games? How big is the in-comming class. I know Denison lost a boat load of seniors.

Bishopleftiesdad

Kenyons roster is out for 2013:

http://athletics.kenyon.edu/roster.aspx?path=baseball&&print=true

Looks like they have 29 guys. If I counted correctly.

Looks like 7 Freshman, Sophomores or Juniors decided not to return.

Those players totaled 31 at bats (17 from one player) and 33 innings pitched. (three starts from one pitcher)

Still no schedule though.

Bishopleftiesdad

Kenyon has released their schedule finally.

http://athletics.kenyon.edu/schedule.aspx?path=baseball

They will be at the Matt Russ in fort Myers.

After the spring trip they Face Marietta. Looks like it is a work in progress because there are not many non league games in there. The weekend vs. Witt is the only one listed. Witt is in the west and Kenyon is in the East. And no week day games scheduled.

Bishopleftiesdad

Denison' has released their schedule as well.

http://denisonbigred.com/sports/bsb/2012-13/schedule

Very tough schedule early on, just like last year. They play Marietta (no surprise), Heidelburg, Baldwin Wallace, Wheaton and Wooster all down in Port Charlotte for the Snowbird Classic.

From the OAC they play:
Musky, Cap, Ohio Northern, Ott and John Carroll, in addition to Marietta and Heidelburg again.

Throw in Bluffton form the HCAC and Case from the UAA.

Bishopleftiesdad

Denison also released their roster.

http://denisonbigred.com/sports/bsb/2012-13/roster

Looks like they have 11 Freshman, 9 Sophomore, 4 Juniors and 7 Seniors.

Looks like they only lost 3 guys. All of them were Freshman. There was not enough innings pitched or at bats to account for much.

motorman

Bishopleftiesdad,

OWU Florida games are now on the Snowbird baseball website, even though OWU hasn't gotten them up on their site yet. It is www.snowbirdbaseball.com

Bishopleftiesdad

Thanks Motorman,
OWU regularly doesn't put the spring games on the schedule. I am not sure why.

It doesn't look like we play you guys in Florida, but we will see your guys after we come back. I will be down there this year. Are you coming down?

motorman

Quote from: Bishopleftiesdad on January 05, 2013, 08:14:46 PM
Thanks Motorman,
OWU regularly doesn't put the spring games on the schedule. I am not sure why.

It doesn't look like we play you guys in Florida, but we will see your guys after we come back. I will be down there this year. Are you coming down?
Yes, wouldn't miss it. Bought plane tickets in Oct, just finished this weekend with hotel and car reservations. Nothing left to do but count the days till we leave. If there is a day we don't have a conflict, maybe I'll wander over to see (scout!) you guys.