WBB: GSAC

Started by coachwgh, November 09, 2005, 07:30:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottiedoug

Ralph:  I hope your observation turns out to be an accurate prediction!   Starting tonight at Sewanee.

Ron Boerger

Ralph's pretty sharp, congrats to Maryville on last night's nail-biting win.

lady scots fan

Congrats Ladt Scots on your win at Sewanee!! I just got back in town and I was glad to see that you pulled it out.

lady scots fan

Lady Scots have another tough game Saturday against Piedmont. They will need everybody playing hard to get this win. Piedmont will be out for blood because they were trounced at home.

lady scots fan

The Ladies took care of Piedmont Saturday the lions were never in the game! They are really playing better now as a complete team. I still do not understand the reasoning in Bain and Parton not getting the playing time they deserve. They have proved themselves for four years and it is like they have been set aside as not as important now that they will be graduating.

scottiedoug

lady scots fan:

Coach Bell's job is to put on the floor the best he has.  It is not a seniority system!   Even in DIII.

lady scots fan

To the real Fan  in reading your post today it makes me realize how I have been percieved. Though I never meant to do anything to bring harm to a team my comments was viewed that way. I would like to tell you that your comments struck a nerve with me. I have several people in which to apologize to.

#1 Coach  I deeply apologize to you for what seems to be a questioning of your ability to coach. YOU ARE A GREAT COACH and PERSON.  I never meant to say anything different. I would never want to step in your shoes. I know you seem to truly care for the girls and their best interest.

#2 TO THE LADIES I absolutely never wanted to bring you down. I have nothing but the upmost respect for each and everyone of you. I admire you and have pride that you as young women can juggle school,practice and games. That says a lot about you as a person. 

I agree with the real Fan that you have a shot to go further this year than they have in the past.There is so MANY TALENTED players and it is a pleasure to watch them when I can come to the games. They have matured and grown as a group.  If anything that I have done has been deemed as hurtful or spiteful then I truly am sorry. GO LADY SCOTS

scottiedoug

In the early part of the real FAN's post, he/she says," And plus didn't your mama teach you if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all?"  At the end, we read,"
{M}ay the team overcome such ignorance!"

Which is it?  Or is calling people ignorant being nice?   

And just for fun, what part of what I said is evidence of "ignorance?"  Or is it that everyone else just IS ignorant and thus whatever we might say just must be?

GSAC Killer

Coach Bell gets his 100th Win Saturday!!! Go Scots!!

scottiedoug

Hey GSACKiller:  Your lady scots played tonight like you and Dee Bell used to!  Go Get 'Em!  If you can run one SCAC team out the gym, why not the next one?

coachwgh

I think the playing of Maryville in the 2nd round of the tournament against the only team in the deal that got a bye is a little unfair.  I know you got to beat everybody eventually and DIII doesn't seed teams but who cares about geography when obviously there are worse teams to pair up against the #1 seed.  It just shows that this system is flawed. 

Ralph Turner

Quote from: coachwgh on March 06, 2006, 08:47:41 AM
I think the playing of Maryville in the 2nd round of the tournament against the only team in the deal that got a bye is a little unfair.  I know you got to beat everybody eventually and DIII doesn't seed teams but who cares about geography when obviously there are worse teams to pair up against the #1 seed.  It just shows that this system is flawed. 

Coach, I would interpret the Maryville-Oglethorpe game as the 8/9 game in a pure 16-team bracket.

If there were geographic considerations, then it might vary, but Pat Coleman seeded this as #9 Oglethorpe at #12 Maryville TN.

http://www.d3hoops.com/springfield/06/preview.htm

scottiedoug

Here is the link to the Maryville newspaper article about Maryville-DePauw game.

http://www.thedailytimes.com/sited/story/html/231787

Pat Coleman

Quote from: coachwgh on March 06, 2006, 08:47:41 AM

Not in the second round, sir. This isn't where the worst team in the tournament plays. The worst team in the tournament plays in the FIRST round against the No. 2 team in the field, in a perfectly seeded world.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

GottaHaveHeart

What's the word on the 2 recruits Coach Bell just signed, Draper from Knox Farragut and Walker from Walker Valley. They both got some good press. Seems as if he added some size with Draper, and some quickness on defense and scoring with Walker. Any comments?