MBB: Northwest Conference

Started by The Show, March 06, 2005, 08:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilbert McFinnegan

Quote from: Pat Coleman on December 27, 2006, 02:13:14 PM
To the poster whose post was just removed -- you might want to rethink your contribution to the board. Thanks.

Pat-

That is pretty outrageous to delete my post.  It had absolutely no profanity, nor rose close to the level of insult by calling a whole group of people "out of their #ucking minds" as C did in an earlier comment still on the board.  Every single point I made was either backed by prior posts or with some other evidentiary means.  It did not come out of "left field" and was a RESPONSE to C's post.  Could you please let me know the rules on posting so I do not waste time on getting another response deleted?  Please let me know if this is the D3hoops.com board, the Pat Coleman board, or if the two one in the same.

Coach C

I will admit that in my 8 years of postin, that is the first time i have been moved to profanity.  Sometimes ignorance angers me beyond good sense.

I apologize for my language but not the sentiment behind it.  You guys need to get a clue.

C

The Observation Deck

If it was the post with the excessive insulting of Hall of Fame posters, you can blame me. I used the little report to moderator link and brought it to their attention.

You should have a little more common sense than that.

UPSoundLogs

All I can say is, Freedom of speech RIP :-\!!!

I had the chance to read Gil's post before it was deleted and it was in no way as insulting as the one left by Coach C who is a "Hall of Famer" ???.  If anything C's post should have been erased for the use of profanity, which in my opinion, there is no room for on this board.    

However, that is beside the point.  

It's discouraging to know that comments have been taken too personally on this board, to the point of being erased.  Pat I have respect for you and your knowledge of bball and I appreciate the time you have put into d3hoops.com, same goes for Old School, Warren...etc.  Its just too bad, we had to stoop to this(censuring) on a message board designed for debate!  There were no personal attacks made until C dropped by, yet the "Jr. Varsity" posters are the ones being censured ???  It simply isn't justified.

I will certainly re-think speaking my mind when replying to a "Hall of Famer" in the future, hopefully they will do the same when they decide to make an off color remark on this Page, Even though I am only a "JV" poster.  My intent is not to step on any toes, I'm here to have a good time discussing basketball and anything else that may arise within these discussions.  I don't attack other posters until they have attacked me ;D

Here's to not taking yourself too seriously....cheers :D ;D ;)

Logs
I just stare at my desk, but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch too, I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.

Coach C

There weren't any personal attacks before I showed up?

Maybe you should read back a bit.

C

Pat Coleman

To save the trouble, since you like me to cite sources:

Quote from: UPSoundLogs on December 26, 2006, 05:20:55 PM
You are nothing more than the P-man's unfunny sidekick ... you are free to go back and lie down in your kennel like a good dog. 

Quote from: fosheezie on December 26, 2006, 12:10:35 AM
Be an athletic supporter not a cry baby!

Quote from: UPSoundLogs on December 23, 2006, 05:36:54 PM
You must be the annoying side kick that tries to be funny but never is.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

UPSoundLogs

In an effort to take some steps in the right direction, I have decided not to speak my mind with regards to the last couple of posts.  I am just happy that we have such inspiring "Hall of Famers" to look up to and that they have graced us with their company here on the NWC board!!! I hope to follow their lead and be the best poster that I can be, to set the example for future generations of posters.  I would like to thank Pat for his very personal "PM" ;) and Coach C for his beautiful analysis and language on this board.  I just hope that some day, I to, can be on your level! 

Logs

I just stare at my desk, but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch too, I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.

The Observation Deck

Probably not a bad idea, considering you posted yourself into a corner with your denial of the truth.

If you ever leave this board and look around I would bet you'd find all sorts of interesting things these people are saying. But if you're locked in your own world here you will get a very limited view.

Expand your mind. D3 is big. There's a lot you could learn if you were interested.

UPSoundLogs

"Expand your mind. D3 is big. There's a lot you could learn if you were interested."  O-Deck

Wait...you mean to tell me that there is more to D3hoops than just the NWC post up board?  Are you sure ??? ...I had no idea!!!  I'm so excited now, I wish I could have expanded my mind sooner.   O-Deck you've saved me!!!  Now all I have to do is figure out what buttons to push so I can get there, hopefully I can run into another "hall of famer" to help me on my way.  You guys are so nice!  Helpful too! 

bucs77

Wow! when did the NWC board get so heated.  Everyone needs to calm down a bit. US NWCers need to conduct ourselves with a bit more class, but those "hall of famers" need to cut us a bit of slack as well.

Warren please don't use the "he works at a real job and then puts in time at d3sports out of the goodness of his heart" routine on us.  In case you haven't noticed there are advertisements all over d3 sports, which means that as an administrator he gets paid The more hits your site gets a day, the more you can charge as a flat rate and per click.  Those ads aren't given away.  I completely support it though.  I'm not saying that Pat is in it for the money because as we know that is not why anyone becomes involved with d3 sports.  I'm just saying that he has more of a stake in it than the rest of us.  More is expected of him and he does deliver.  I thank him for all he does. 

Now back to the NWC as we should be talking about........  Who is with me that UPS and WW get in it this year.  I will bet 10 karma points that both get in and that they split during the league season.  The real question is who will be the third place team.  Honestly I have NO idea!  I don't think anyone else is good enough to get into the tourney.

Warren Thompson

Quote from: bucs77 on December 27, 2006, 08:48:55 PM
Warren please don't use the "he works at a real job and then puts in time at d3sports out of the goodness of his heart" routine on us. 

Hey, bucs:

That quote above isn't mine. Find a different target, please.

bucs77

my mistake I was lokking toward Coach..  And once again not looking to find a target, but how about this....Don't post on the board unless you are talking NWC basketball.  We talk UPS, Whitworth, Whitman, Willamette, PLU, Pacific, Linfield, Lewis and Clark, and George Fox. 
Lets end it there and get back to why the boards were created. 

bucs77

And for Warren, Stick to your railroad history please

Pat Coleman

If I might be allowed to respond before the embargo goes into effect:

The message board is a loss leader in terms of advertising revenue. They're the lowest-paying ads on the site, and that's not unusual as the Net goes. The click rate is pretty low on a board. But we need a board, so we take the hit. We do fine lately in other parts of the site.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

bucs77

See thats what I'm talking about.   I was wondering about that and now I know.  You need the board to keep other areas of ad revenue high that makes sense.   Thank you Pat for the information.   Ok lets do this,  here is my assesment of the NWC teams:

Whitworth: Best in the conference.  8-0 against ncaa d3 teams with a combined 37-42 opponent record (also a win at #17 wheaton)

Ups:  A close second.  7-0 against ncaa d3 teams with a combined record of 26-40. (have yet to play a top 30 or 35 team team)

Lewis and Clark:  Tough team to play if they are shooting well.  3-2 against ncaa d3 schools with a combined record of 20-23.  (impressive at times but defense is huge ?)

Pacific: Played WW tough and lit up a pretty good Cal Lutheran team.  3-2 against ncaa d3 teams with a combined record of 20-24.  (Play very tough but are also very inexperienced.

Willamette :  what will happen when Stuvland and Fife return?  0-4 against ncaa d3 teams with a combined record of 25-9 (have played a strong schedule so far.)

PLU:  better or the same ol' PLU?  4-0 against ncaa d3 teams with a combined record of 12-24.  have played good competition as of late and are 0-3

Linfield GF and Whitman coming soon.