MBB: Northwest Conference

Started by The Show, March 06, 2005, 08:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregory Sager

Quote from: (509)Rat on March 01, 2007, 03:52:02 PM
It seems to me with a guy like Austin Brown, Whitworth will get back on D, pack it in with one of their semi-matchup zone defenses, and give DePauw the 3 ball.  You can expect Whitworth to shoot over 50% from the floor...they have pretty much all season.  If all of this is true then it sounds like its gonna come down to whether DePauw is hitting their shots from the perimeter.  Thatnks for the insight DPU, that was a great post coach or not...now what about those fat girls that got kicked out of the sorority?  ;)

You read about that, too, eh? I've been wondering when someone was going to drop the sorority purge scandal into the middle of a DePauw discussion.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

DPU3619

Quote from: Gregory Sager on March 02, 2007, 04:50:40 AM
now what about those fat girls that got kicked out of the sorority?  ;)

You read about that, too, eh? I've been wondering when someone was going to drop the sorority purge scandal into the middle of a DePauw discussion.

Yeah.. thanks for bringing that one up, team.  Problem is that we've been hearing about it since December.  You've been hearing about it for about 3 days now. 

diehardfan

Quote from: diehardfan on March 01, 2007, 04:56:25 PM
We're collecting previews for each team in the tourney on one of the multiregional boards. If I get them by friday I may even be able to stick them in one document for people. Could someone do one for Whitworth?

http://www.d3sports.com/post/index.php?topic=5147.0

Guys please? We have around 2/3 of the schools posting previews, and it just won't be the same without all the fellow left coasters present. Represent! ;)
Wait, dunks are only worth two points?!?!!!? Why does anyone do them? - diehardfan
What are Parkers now supposed to chant after every NP vs WC game, "Let's go enjoy tobacco products off-campus? - Gregory Sager
We all read it, but we don't take anything you say seriously - Luke Kasten

RIP WheatonC

bbaddict

If no one else steps up, I'll try.  Could you email me what you want included?  Never done this before.
Or if there's someone better to do it, please do.

diehardfan

Thank you! Just a little about the key players, the style they play, their key wins (Wheaton obviously! LOL! ;) ) and losses... if you go over to that board there are tons of examples of really different ones. If, in the future, I every have the time and resources to get a more formalized format going, we can do one, now it's just a chance to let people around the nation know a little about this Whitworth team they see in their DIII brackets. :)
Wait, dunks are only worth two points?!?!!!? Why does anyone do them? - diehardfan
What are Parkers now supposed to chant after every NP vs WC game, "Let's go enjoy tobacco products off-campus? - Gregory Sager

RIP WheatonC

bbaddict

OK -- it's posted.  What I did was copy one that was already on there & for the scouting report, I robbed the Whitworth site.   (Credited them, of course.)  Didn't want anyone jumping on me for making my own observations!

diehardfan

Quote from: bbaddict on March 02, 2007, 04:14:55 PM
Didn't want anyone jumping on me for making my own observations!
Hey... there's plenty of "my own observations" on there... my fav is the poster who called John Carroll lazy! :D The observations are what make the previews interesting. If you want to add another paragraph in addition to the stuff on the official site, let me know and I'll be happy to do it. :)

RIP WheatonC

bbaddict

Pirates win, 62-59 with a last minute 3 pointer by POY, Bryan Williams!  Pretty low score for an OT game, but it sounds like the teams were pretty well matched.  Great team effort by the Pirates.   3 points or 20 points, a win's a win!  Yay BUCS!

NWCer

Yes bbadict, a win is a win, survive and advance, on to the round of 32.

Good to see our POY make a POY type of play.  Good luck tomorrow Pirates, represent!

Oxy is getting hammerred right now down in Mississippi, their POY is hurt and not playing, looks like the NWC is left to carry the West Coast Flag.  Let's get it done!

bigfella

WW represented the NWC to the fullest.  Great job on a great season.

Gregory Sager

Quote from: DPU3619 on March 02, 2007, 11:11:31 AM
Quote from: Gregory Sager on March 02, 2007, 04:50:40 AM
now what about those fat girls that got kicked out of the sorority?  ;)

Yeah.. thanks for bringing that one up, team.  Problem is that we've been hearing about it since December.  You've been hearing about it for about 3 days now. 

The funny thing is that unpleasant and/or ridiculous stuff like this happens on just about every college campus in America. But when the story hits the wires and goes national (however long after the incident in question took place), it makes it appear that the school in question is in some sort of Bizarro World, when we all really know that Bizarro World = Any College or University in the U.S.A.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

(509)Rat

Just to be fair to DePauw, from what I understand the University had nothing to do with it and is actually looking to fix it by taking actions against the sorority's national office.  Some lady who is one of the big wigs, a pres., vp, or something of the sort, for all of these particular sorority's throughout the nation was the one who came in and did the image/ethnic cleansing.  I was just trying to get under the DePauw posters skin, and Sager is right that this stuff happens everywhere.

(509)Rat

Congratulations to the Pirates.  They flew half way accross the country, beat a good DePauw team and then gave a very good UWStL all they could handle on their home court.  From what I've heard from the players they didn't beat themselves or "lose" the game by playing poorly...but rather UW just beat them.  No shame in that...in my opinion.  While we all wish they could have gotten that sweet 16 game at UW-Stevens point, I'm proud of the Pirates and think they represented the NWC well.

UPSoundLogs

Just wanted to say great job to Whitworth!  It looks like they played very well and lost a tough/close game to a very good Washington U. team.  WW represented the NWC nicely this year and continued to gain our conference some national respect. 

And FYI...Don't worry WW, you wouldn't have wanted to travel to Steven's Point anyways...nothing there but frozen arctic tundra and cheese ;) :D!!! 
I just stare at my desk, but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch too, I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.

UPSoundLogs

I was just checking out the WIAC message board and this quote from our NWC "COY" is in hot debate...

"[Whitworth head coach Jim] Hayford reserved even harsher words for the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (WIAC), the league in which Stevens Point competes. "Someone needs to tell the Wisconsin schools, 'look around the rest of Division III. Do you see anyone else like you? You probably ought to go in the division that you should be in," said the sixth-year head coach. "The Wisconsin league looks a lot like the rest of the Division II looks like."

...Real Classy!!!

I don't know about the rest of you guys/girls on the NWC board, and I'm not here to point fingers, but I'm not too impressed by this.  I'm not real sure what Hayford was trying to accomplish by saying this, but it seems like he should have been a little more focused on Washington U. and a little less focused on what division the WIAC should compete in.  As a representative for the NWC (Hayford in the national tourney) I think comments like this just make our whole conference look like a bunch of whiners.  I'm not gonna get too in depth about it, just wanted to see if anyone else had an opinion?   
I just stare at my desk, but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch too, I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.