BB: LEC: Little East Conference

Started by Ralph Turner, February 11, 2006, 03:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wordsmith

There's really 2 points here. I believe the LEC, year in and year out, are the best in the country when it comes to the top 3-4 teams. I don't think any othe conference can compare on that note.

However there is another factor and that is overall conference quality. I do believe the LEC as an overall conference is above average, but not the best in the country. that would probably fall to the conferences i Wisconsin, New Jerseys or Ohio.

By the way what ever happened to Dwight Wildmon, Tyler Delorme, and Brian Marshall? Is Fairchild and the Depietro(sp) kid still in the minors?

Word!
Word

Paul Heering

only one way to solve this, have the annual NJAC-LEC challenge.  First weekend in march every year top 5 teams from each conference meet up.  play it at steven's in hoboken, they have a turf field (they play early every year, they played kean last saturday) go by last years conference standings, 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3.

Jim Dixon

Quote from: don mattingly on February 27, 2007, 01:59:37 PM
only one way to solve this, have the annual NJAC-LEC challenge.  First weekend in march every year top 5 teams from each conference meet up.  play it at steven's in hoboken, they have a turf field (they play early every year, they played kean last saturday) go by last years conference standings, 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3.

Have a softball game between LE and NJAC posters.  That should settle things.

Or maybe an all star have with the all conference teams.   If the players are not available, then use their stats in stratomatic Baseball.

dgilblair

Quote from: wordsmith on February 27, 2007, 01:30:25 PM
There's really 2 points here. I believe the LEC, year in and year out, are the best in the country when it comes to the top 3-4 teams. I don't think any othe conference can compare on that note.

However there is another factor and that is overall conference quality. I do believe the LEC as an overall conference is above average, but not the best in the country. that would probably fall to the conferences i Wisconsin, New Jerseys or Ohio.

By the way what ever happened to Dwight Wildmon, Tyler Delorme, and Brian Marshall? Is Fairchild and the Depietro(sp) kid still in the minors?

Word!

DiPietro is in the Kansas City farm system.  He was at ECSU for a visit last week and I think he had to report this week.  He was going pretty good last year in the minors when he went to back up a throw to the plate, step the wrong way and blew out his knee.  Freak thing.
Wildman was a monster at ECSU but never got an offer from the pro's.  Don't know why.  He's in the record books a ton at ECSU.  Most people I've talked to were shocked he didn't get drafted.  Maybe he tried out somewhere???
Don't know about the other guys.

kscer

Quote from: Jim Dixon on February 27, 2007, 03:01:16 PM

Or maybe an all star have with the all conference teams.   If the players are not available, then use their stats in stratomatic Baseball.
We can get a look at the answer to this on St. Patrick's day. KSC plays College of New Jersey in the afternoon after playing Johns Hopkins in the morning on the last day of their AZ trip. We'll see if they are as good as they should be.

kscer

Quote from: kscer on February 27, 2007, 05:13:11 PM
Quote from: Jim Dixon on February 27, 2007, 03:01:16 PM
They also play Wm Patterson sun the 11th

We can get a look at the answer to this on St. Patrick's day. KSC plays College of New Jersey in the afternoon after playing Johns Hopkins in the morning on the last day of their AZ trip. We'll see if they are as good as they should be.

dgilblair

ECSU vs KEAN this weekend ppd.  Stevens Tech on Wednesday for ECSU.

Paul Heering

50 degrees today here in central jersey, was a good sign that game might have been played. 

the blotches of snow on the ground, not a very good sign

wordsmith

6 Killed in Georgia bus crash carrying Bluffton College Baseball team to spring trip. WOW, how awful.

May God Bless the families and the injuried.
Word

wordsmith

Next week we'll ask for POTY candidates.
Word

wordsmith

Vote early and often boys and girls.

Word
Word

Jcon2134

I think that conway will repeat as pitcher of the year but i dont see a pitcher getting player of the year as well But I will vote Conway to repeat as Pitcher of the year.

Jim Dixon

For the Little East Preseaon Poll see: http://www.littleeast.com/bb/lecbbpoll07.htm

To avoid any suspence - Umass-Boston picked to finish fifth - and no mention of Conway.  Now there is no reason to check out the release. :)

wordsmith

Quote from: Jim Dixon on March 15, 2007, 01:36:59 AM
For the Little East Preseaon Poll see: http://www.littleeast.com/bb/lecbbpoll07.htm

To avoid any suspence - Umass-Boston picked to finish fifth - and no mention of Conway.  Now there is no reason to check out the release. :)

Nor Bourque from So. maine who made several Pre-season All America teams. I also see Keene State has started their AZ trip and are 5-3 with some tough games upcoming.
Word