Atlantic Central Football Conference/Independents

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:14:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teamski

I finally returned from the game.  Man, that was a comprehensive kicking by Wesley tonight on both sides of the ball!!  They definitely showed why they are 4th ranked.  By the end of the 3rd quarter the back-ups were in the game.   Wesley's no-huddle offense is quicker than any other team I have seen.  It just lights off before anybody is ready for it.  Amazing.  Except for some big plays by Salisbury, the defense was stifling.  The front four were into the backfield and causing all sorts of mayhem.  THAT is the Wesley I know.  Well done gentlemen!  You keep playing like that and we will see you in the finals! 

-Ski

p.s.  That Salisbury kicker is a machine! He was booming the ball big time.
Wesley College Football.... A Winning Tradition! A Coach Mike Drass Legacy.

wesleydad

Totally dominated tonight.  Great game plan on both sides of the ball.  Only negative is the kicking game, and in a close game you can't miss 2 extra points.  The defense is the best I have seen at Wesley since I have been watching them play.  The offense may be the best one also.  After watching the first 2 games of the year this is a scary team.  The defense holds the leading rusher from last year to under 100 yards and then holds Salisbury to 3 points.  The offense will likely move the ball and score on anyone.  A noticeable difference in the attitude of the players, no senseless histrionics after plays.  Next week brings another tough opponent in Rowan, a team that I am sure Wesley is looking to enact some revenge on for last year.

DE Wesley Fan

Kind of funny - the only thing Salisbury did at all well was special teams (as Ski said, kicker was pretty darn good), and that was the only part of our game not running on all cylinders. The 2nd missed extra point was by a true freshman who later kicked the last field goal, so I'll give him benefit of the doubt on the miss (just this once!). Good opportunity for backups to get good playing time, can never be too prepared for when the injury bug shows up (knock on wood it stays away this year for a change).

Can't wait to see what happens next week!

thewaterboy

Rowan this week. It will be interesting to see the mindset of both teams after what happened last year. From what I have seen (boxscores) their QB hasn't been sharp at all. Throwing 6 picks against Widener and going 12-23 last week. If they lean too much on Marcelin, it will not turn out well. This is another "statement" game for Wesley after losing last season in Rowan, being one of 3 remaining D3 games and serves as a primer for their move to the NJAC next season.

Will be making yet another trip out there! See you there if you will be there as well!

Teamski

Quote from: thewaterboy on September 16, 2014, 02:04:37 PM
Rowan this week. It will be interesting to see the mindset of both teams after what happened last year. From what I have seen (boxscores) their QB hasn't been sharp at all. Throwing 6 picks against Widener and going 12-23 last week. If they lean too much on Marcelin, it will not turn out well. This is another "statement" game for Wesley after losing last season in Rowan, being one of 3 remaining D3 games and serves as a primer for their move to the NJAC next season.

Will be making yet another trip out there! See you there if you will be there as well!

We'll see you there.  I really don't have any doubts about the results this week.  Wesley is playing solid this year.   If they play like they have been so far, this should be an open and shut case.

-Ski

D3MAFAN

If Wesley is as good as last week portrayed, I think Wesley can win this game big and make another statement regarding being one of the "Elite" teams that has a chance to dethrone the Big "2" for a chance to win the Stagg. I have watch Rowan the past couple weeks and believe that Wesley could somewhat replicate what they did this past weekend because Rowan will have to run the ball to pass, however passing for Rowan as mentioned above is not to shabby right now. Nevertheless, it was something that was said in the prior year. If Rowan plays mistake free and limit the big plays, the game may be similar to Wesley game against Thomas More.

Swish3

After seeing the Wesley/Salisbury score, something tells me the Salisbury quarterback wasn't doing his Johnny Manziel impression (whatever he does w/his fingers) against Wesley like he was against CNU.

wesleydad

Mid week and I am really looking forward to Saturday's game.  If the defense continues to play at the level they are playing at Rowan will struggle to score more than 14.  I do not see them being able to hold Wesley to under 28 so I think this will be like the first 2 games, likely closer to game 1.  Wesley will be in control most of the game and if Rowan's QB continues to struggle it could get ugly like the Salisbury game.  I think the team will be looking to exact a little revenge after last year's poor performance.

wesleydad

Great weather for a football game.  Looking forward to seeing if the Wesley D continues to dominate and the offense continues to put points up with relative ease.  Rowan is one of the favorites to win the NJAC so they should be a good barometer as to how good this Wesley team is.  Safe travels to anyone heading to Dover today.

Teamski

Quote from: wesleydad on September 20, 2014, 07:48:22 AM
Great weather for a football game.  Looking forward to seeing if the Wesley D continues to dominate and the offense continues to put points up with relative ease.  Rowan is one of the favorites to win the NJAC so they should be a good barometer as to how good this Wesley team is.  Safe travels to anyone heading to Dover today.

No doubt.  See you at the game!

-Ski

DE Wesley Fan

Can we PLEASE have some extra special teams practice???? 

Teamski

That and the and the load of penalties Wesley accumulated marred an otherwise stellar performance.  It would have been a bigger score on the board for sure.  Wesley is looking pretty darn good through it all.  I was really impressed with Wesley's ability to convert stupid long 1st down conversions!

-Ski

Teamski

.....and don't forget that Wesley's defense held Rowan to a whopping 106 yards of offense!

-SKi

wesleydad

D dominated again.  Rowan got their first first down halfway through the third quarter.  Too many penalties and the missed extra points are out of control.  The offensive game plan was interesting, rather conservative with plenty of running plays.  Loved the sprint sweep pass play, that will show up again down the road and likely work against anyone.  If the D continues to play at this level this team will be tough to beat deep into the season.

Teamski

It blows me away that this was the first win by Wesley over Rowan.  Up to now, they were like 0-8.  My, how times have changed.

-Ski