MBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by Board Mod, February 28, 2005, 11:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Gregory Sager

Quote from: AndOne on October 20, 2014, 03:42:27 PM
2014-2015--Like the infamous D-Day, Johnson's current status is "Whereabouts Unknown." Perhaps he has enrolled at the renowned D1 University of Mars where his dad, who may be even further removed from reality than Luke, was recently hired as the AD.  8-)

I hear that Otis Sistrunk is doing wonders as head coach of their football program.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

USee

+K on the mention of one of my favorite Oakland Raiders names.

AndOne

2014-2015 NORTH CENTRAL ROSTER

Varsity/JV still to be determined, and uniform numbers assigned.

http://northcentralcardinals.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball

URockets

Quote from: iwu70 on October 17, 2014, 05:42:08 PM
Sadly, Ypsi, no Chinese opera this go 'round.  But, an IWU alum now performing at the Met in NYC is performing tonight, at the Green Carpet Gala for the 150th Celebration of the School of Music.  Perhaps in a future year, we'll go the Chinese opera route!  Stay tuned. 

No word on other Titan exhibitions as yet.  Seems Jordan Nelson is recovering well, and is starting out with the normal practices as the Titans get officially underway today.  Prospects piece on the Titan squad in today's Pgraph.   Sadly, Heyen is still fighting an ankle injury that will likely require surgery, so he's likely out for 4-5 weeks.  Hopefully, he can get healthy by the end of November and make some contribution later in the season.  The Titans are weak at the 3 and will likely go with this 3 guard set-up (with Dolan as backup) that several have mentioned.  Coyle most likely it would appear at the 4.  Time will tell.  If Marietti and Seibring stay healthy, I'm very optimistic about the Titans this year at the 5 -- both good, tough, bigtime presence players in the low post, both running the floor pretty well.   

Homecoming festivities underway.  Second City performing tonight at Hansen, after the big Music School Gala at the Bloomington Center for the Performing Arts.  All good.

IWU70

Brandon Heyen will have surgery on Tuesday (10/28).  If all goes well, hopes to be back on the court by Dec. 1st.

AndOne

Pulling another layer of uncertainty over the question of who will man the forward position(s) for the Green Team this season.
Gook luck to Mr. Heyen in his recovery.

Titan Q

Quote from: AndOne on October 25, 2014, 01:07:16 PM
Pulling another layer of uncertainty over the question of who will man the forward position(s) for the Green Team this season.
Gook luck to Mr. Heyen in his recovery.

Up until this point of the young 2014-15 season, I don't think Heyen has ever legitimately been in any consideration for playing time this year -- simply because he has basically been injured the last two seasons.  At best, I'd say Heyen was considered a "flyer" coming into 2014-15 -- if he gets healthy, and if he plays well in some JV games, then maybe he could compete for some time at a forward spot.  I'd like to see Heyen get healthy just once so Ron Rose could see what he has there...but after a lot of bad luck I think it's fair to say Heyen was moved to the "longshot" category sometime last season.

Agents for Brandon Heyen, Parker Musselman, and Alex Rossi are in debt to iwu70 for keeping all 3 squarely in the 2014-15 IWU varsity rotation mix.

izzy stradlin

Luke Peters (younger brother of Tyler) has committed to Wheaton.  Luke is a HS senior and has a very similar frame to Tyler at this age. I suspect he'll end up being a very good recruit for Wheaton.

AndOne

Ya, but will he bring the Peters smirk with him?  :P

USee

Quote from: AndOne link=top 4592.msg1617851#msg1617851 date=1414262432
Ya, but will he bring the Peters smirk with him?  :P

Undoubtedly

newCCIWfan

AndOne

The 2014-2015 Carthage roster shows no freshmen members of this season's squad. How weird is that?  :o
Bosko evidently took a vacation year from the recruiting trail.  ;)

http://athletics.carthage.edu/roster.aspx?path=mbball

Pat Coleman

Not entirely weird to have an incomplete roster three weeks before the season starts, no.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

AndOne

The Carthage web site indicates "2014-2015 Roster." That would seem to indicate a complete roster. As of today, many rosters are what I would refer to as "partial," in that all the players are listed, but some players don't have numbers shown yet. The players that fall into this category are freshman, transfers, and other new players in the program. However, they are still listed even though the current roster is certainly not the final version. Both the North Central and IWU rosters are currently posted in this manner. Accordingly, it makes sense that if any new players were going to be a part of the team this year, they would already be listed.

Carrying this likelihood further, it would seem that most schools would be very anxious to publicize their new players and as such, would naturally make sure to include them on the various school's web site rosters as soon as possible. Lastly, official practice has begun. It's not like a school is still waiting to see if a kid is going to play or not.  ;)

Titan Q

Quote from: AndOne on October 27, 2014, 12:47:03 AM
The Carthage web site indicates "2014-2015 Roster." That would seem to indicate a complete roster. As of today, many rosters are what I would refer to as "partial," in that all the players are listed, but some players don't have numbers shown yet. The players that fall into this category are freshman, transfers, and other new players in the program. However, they are still listed even though the current roster is certainly not the final version. Both the North Central and IWU rosters are currently posted in this manner. Accordingly, it makes sense that if any new players were going to be a part of the team this year, they would already be listed.

Carrying this likelihood further, it would seem that most schools would be very anxious to publicize their new players and as such, would naturally make sure to include them on the various school's web site rosters as soon as possible. Lastly, official practice has begun. It's not like a school is still waiting to see if a kid is going to play or not.  ;)

Like last year, I assume Carthage has posted its returnees first and will add new players later...

Quote from: AndOne on September 10, 2013, 12:43:49 AM
Carthage also has its 2013-14 varsity schedule and roster posted.

With regard to the roster------>http://athletics.carthage.edu/roster.aspx?roster=137&path=mbball
NOTE only 11 players are listed. And, Malcom Kelly, who it was previously widely publicized would be returning this year, is not listed. School began last Wednesday in Kenosha. Has "grandpa" retired?  :-\

Quote from: Titan Q on September 10, 2013, 07:20:37 AM
I'm pretty sure Carthage just listed their 11 returning players for now.  There are no FR listed, and we know Carthage will have FR on the roster.

As far as Malcom Kelly, I saw the following tweet recently...

Mark Miller ‏@WisBBYearbook 30 Aug
After sitting out last season, former Kenosha Reuther star Malcom Kelly is expected to return to the Carthage basketball program for 2013-14