MBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by Board Mod, February 28, 2005, 11:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwu70

Come on you guys, he is "Titan Q" afterall -- Mr.D3sports, esp. roundball, for the Titan Nation.  None other like him.  We old geezer fans bow down to him.

:)

iwu'70

Titan Q

Speaking of IWU centers, if someone would ship a 6-8, skilled 5-man to Bloomington before the 2017-18 season starts it would be much appreciated.

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Titan Q on September 08, 2017, 07:28:42 PM
Speaking of IWU centers, if someone would ship a 6-8, skilled 5-man to Bloomington before the 2017-18 season starts it would be much appreciated.

We'd also accept 6'11". ;)

(Preferably less than 60 years old and with eligibility remaining!)

AndOne

Along with the The Father, Son, & the Holy Ghost, all the 6'8" guys caught the last train for the coast! 🚂 ⛹ 😏

AndOne

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on September 08, 2017, 09:28:50 PM

🏀 Experience preferred but you'll accept a young trainee? 😛

lmitzel

Quote from: AndOne on September 08, 2017, 10:26:20 PM

🏀 Experience preferred but you'll accept a young trainee? 😛

My firstborn is off the table, even though he's in the 99th percentile for height for his age.  :P
Official D-III Championship BeltTM Cartographer
2022 CCIW Football Pick 'Em Co-Champion
#THREEEEEEEEE

AndOne

iwu70

Titan Q, can't agree with you more on the need for a facsimile of Trevor Seibring to appear in Bloomington before November 15th.  It's going to be a different kind of squad this year -- unless one such person appears  . . . or unless Jaylen Beasley gains about 40 lbs. and 3-4 inches.  Perhaps we go to four guards, running the floor frantically with Curry or Beasley playing the 5.  Hopefully, no rebounds needed.  :(

IWU'70

P.S.  Is it fair to say that the Titan starting five looks like -- Rose, Bonnett, Curry, Beasley and Burdine -- at this point?  I know we're a long long way from November 15th, but actually not that far away.  ms

AndOne

Quote from: iwu70 on September 10, 2017, 03:05:39 PM
Titan Q, can't agree with you more on the need for a facsimile of Trevor Seibring to appear in Bloomington before November 15th.  It's going to be a different kind of squad this year -- unless one such person appears  . . . or unless Jaylen Beasley gains about 40 lbs. and 3-4 inches.  Perhaps we go to four guards, running the floor frantically with Curry or Beasley playing the 5.  Hopefully, no rebounds needed.  :(

IWU'70

P.S.  Is it fair to say that the Titan starting five looks like -- Rose, Bonnett, Curry, Beasley and Burdine -- at this point?  I know we're a long long way from November 15th, but actually not that far away.  ms

I don't think that Beasley is going to gain those pounds or inches, nor will Curry ever play the 5.
The truth is a starting lineup including Beasley, Curry, and Burdine and their combined 8.6 PPG isn't going to scare anybody. Beasley is quick off his feet, and a very good rebounder, but has never been a scorer. Maybe Curry is improved, but he didn't see the minutes last year that many probably expected
based on his perceived potential, and Burdine was largely invisible last year. I wouldn't be surprised if Freshman Bair from Glenbard South sees a fair amount of PT.

AndOne

NCC RECRUIT/TRANSFER

In what is likely the last addition to the Cardinal squad this season, they will be joined by 6'6" 225 pound PF Kane Wildermuth who spent last season at Carl Sandburg CC. Although shooting 47.7% overall, and 50.0% from three, Kane is not a high scorer, averaging 5.8 PPG. Instead, his primary contributions are expected to to be on the defensive end, and on the boards.
Kane brings this year's Cardinal recruiting class to a total of 13.

petemcb

Mark, I've got to hand it to NCC - that is a really nice recruiting class being added to a squad that was already a serious contender this year. It's going to be a fun winter in Naperville!

badgerwarhawk

No one seriously answered my question on the football boards unless John Kennedy really is buried at IWU's football stadium which I'm doubting so I'm asking you who knows all that is IWU.

What is the story behind the burning torch at the stadium?  Is it some sort of memorial? 

Also while I'm at it do you think you could make a donation that would allow the university to install loudspeakers on the visitor's side?  BTW, I've submitted my notice under our early retirement notification program.  July 29, 2018 and I'm out of here.
"Just think twice is my only advice."

AndOne

Quote from: petemcb on September 11, 2017, 09:43:40 AM
Mark, I've got to hand it to NCC - that is a really nice recruiting class being added to a squad that was already a serious contender this year. It's going to be a fun winter in Naperville!

Thanks Pete.

Yes, the potential for a great deal of basketball type fun in beautiful downtown NapPerville is indeed high this winter. What, of course, is needed to reach that high degree of potential is a combination of maximum physical effort, team cohesiveness/chemistry, and the avoidance of mental errors. The Cardinals have the talent. They just need to play up to their capabilities, which is easier said than done.

As is readily evident, this year's class features an over abundance of backcourt bodies. One, perhaps the foremost, of the keys to success from a personnel standpoint this season will be to find a capable replacement for graduated PG Jagger Anderson. At this point, it's anyone's guess. The question will only begin to be answered once formal practice starts, and will likely not be completely revealed until after evaluation of the finalists following the first few games. The revised CCIW schedule which now features 3 conference games in early December only makes finding an early solution to this question that much more pressing of an issue. Perhaps the answer will turn out to be a two edged sword with the #2 PG playing more minutes than usual for a primary backup with little being lost in the transition between the two players. Ultimately, the starter may well be one of many good shooters who can relegate his marksmanship to the back burner, and bring his ball-handling and passing abilities to the forefront.

Kudos for the number and talent level of this year's newbies must go to head assistant Steve Schweer who began identifying and pursuing targets even before last season began. As with other successful teams, Steve and his merry band of capable assistants put both many hours and many miles into the assemblage of the class.

AndOne

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on September 11, 2017, 02:30:04 PM

No one seriously answered my question on the football boards unless John Kennedy really is buried at IWU's football stadium which I'm doubting so I'm asking you who knows all that is IWU.

What is the story behind the burning torch at the stadium?  Is it some sort of memorial? 

Also while I'm at it do you think you could make a donation that would allow the university to install loudspeakers on the visitor's side?  BTW, I've submitted my notice under our early retirement notification program.  July 29, 2018 and I'm out of here.

Badger,

I saw your inquiry on the football board, but was waiting for one of our learned IWU posters/alums, who must know more details about it, to reply. Evidently, IWU has been lighting the torch by their stadium for many years before football games. One of their school traditions. Not sure if it's a designated memorial to anything specific or not. I found a little info about it on the IWU web site. Maybe you can find more. Hopefully one of the IWU posters (iwu 70, Mr. Ypsi, iwumichigander, Titan Q) can more fully answer your question.  ;)

iwumichigander

6'9" or 6'10" would also work. Heck , a 6'5" stud like Victor Davis would do