FB: Region 6 fan poll

Started by 02 Warhawk, October 28, 2014, 04:30:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

badgerwarhawk

Quote from: bleedpurple on October 29, 2014, 01:23:51 PM
Quote from: 02 Warhawk on October 29, 2014, 11:59:49 AM
Alrighty...if there are no objections MasterJedi is in.

1. 02 Warhawk (UWW - WIAC)
2. Hazzben (Bethel - MIAC)
3. MasterJedi (UWW - WIAC)
4. art76 (Bethel - MIAC)
5.Bleedpurple (Wartburg-IIAC  ;) )
6.badgerwarhawk (totally unbiased)

I think we're good on Bethel and UWW voters.  :)  Depending on who else joins, there might be room for one more non-UWW WIAC voter, and one more non-Bethel MIAC voter.
"Just think twice is my only advice."

DadofBashWarrior..

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on October 30, 2014, 09:53:30 AM

4. art76 (Bethel - MIAC)

I think we're good on Bethel and UWW voters.  :)  Depending on who else joins, there might be room for one more non-UWW WIAC voter, and one more non-Bethel MIAC voter.
You can add me for next year...I would be UMAC as my son is the OC at Greenville College...He played for Wabash and won 4 Conference Championship rings while there with 3 years in the National playoffs...losing to Whitewater in 07 in the snowstorm was the closest we came...

DadofBashWarrior..

Quote from: DadofBashWarrior.. on October 30, 2014, 02:23:10 PM

4. art76 (Bethel - MIAC)

You can add me for next year...I would be UMAC as my son is the OC at Greenville College...He played for Wabash and won 4 Conference Championship rings while there with 3 years in the National playoffs...losing to Whitewater in 07 in the snowstorm was the closest we came...

In also had a son play at Bethel...Johnson is an awesome coach

d-train

He played for Wabash and won 4 Conference Championship rings while there with 3 years in the National playoffs...

Does he really have 4 rings, or are you just using that as a term?

02 Warhawk

4. art76 (Bethel - MIAC)

Count yourself in. I was at the snowstorm game....it was a lot of fun.

02 Warhawk

4. art76 (Bethel - MIAC)
5. Jack Parkman (Cal Luth. - SCIAC)
6. DadofBashWarrior.. (Greenville - UMAC)

This is coming together nicely

HSCTiger74

Quote from: bleedpurple on October 29, 2014, 01:34:31 PM
Quote from: HSCTiger74 on October 29, 2014, 10:43:44 AM
Quote from: ExTartanPlayer on October 29, 2014, 07:46:53 AM
I don't see anything wrong with two UWW voters. NRFP has a few Wabashians and it works out OK.

Besides, I don't think UWW bias will be that much of a deal. Everyone kinda knows where UWW goes in the poll :)

I know 02 Warhawks is trying to be as balanced as possible, but given the choice between no WRFP at all vs. a poll with a couple UWW voters, I'll take the poll with a little extra purple in it.

Plus, UWW diehards probably have a good feel for many of the other West conferences because of the multiple deep playoff runs.

What I've noticed in other polls is that bias tends more toward confences rather than teams. I think that if a WIAC poster truly thought that Linfield or one of the MIAC teams was better than Whitewater he would vote that way, but it's very unlikely that even the best team in the UMAC or MWC would be rated higher than all but the bottom teams in the power conferences. That's the bias you'd have to account for, in my opinion.
   I should note that this applies to me, too. I'm not putting St. Scholastica or Carroll in my Top 25 fan poll unless they get to at least the second round of the playoffs.

On a more serious note than my previous post...

I agree with this generally, but not quite as firm as you put it. I would be open (although, I would admit I'm not sure how I would identify it) to keeping my eyes open for a "special" team from those weaker conferences. Maybe the presence of a stud player? Not sure.  But I think it would be important to try to keep your mind open to the possibilities. "Show me" works for me when putting teams into the "next level" within the Top 25. However, it would be tough for even most of the Top 25 teams if the only way they could "Show me" is to win a first round playoff game against UW-W/Linfield/MIAC Champ.

Yeah, in re-reading my post I guess it did come across as more dogmatic than I intended. And I have to admit that St. Scholastica, at least, has been beating the teams they were supposed to by fairly comfortable margins, so maybe I'll be a little more flexible.
   In a West Region top 10, though, they would still have a tough row to hoe. It's hard for me to see which team to bump in their favor.
TANSTAAFL

d-train

02 - check back with me early next fall.  I've put most of these polls and pick-em's aside for my work schedule...but I might have time. I'm a PLU, NWC guy.

02 Warhawk

4. art76 (Bethel - MIAC)
5. Jack Parkman (Cal Luth. - SCIAC)
6. DadofBashWarrior.. (Greenville - UMAC)
7. desertcat1 (Linfield - NWC)
8. d-train (PLU - NWC)*

*If he's up for it next season

MasterJedi

Soooo we definitely need one IIAC and one MWC poster then...

TwoArmedScot

02 Warhawk,

I'd be willing to join your fan poll.  I know that I am new to the message boards, but have been an on and off follower since my playing days...99' - 02'.

If you are interested in adding someone from the MWC who played in the MIAC and has been a long time fan of the MIAC, WIAC...and now MWC??

TwoArmedScot (Macalester - MWC)

hazzben

Quote from: TwoArmedScot on October 31, 2014, 09:46:48 AM
02 Warhawk,

I'd be willing to join your fan poll.  I know that I am new to the message boards, but have been an on and off follower since my playing days...99' - 02'.

If you are interested in adding someone from the MWC who played in the MIAC and has been a long time fan of the MIAC, WIAC...and now MWC??

TwoArmedScot (Macalester - MWC)

Well, look who returned from the dead!

Anybody who used to write the Around the West column is probably qualified to vote in our prestigious fan poll.

TwoArmedScot

Actually, you're probably making a reference to "OneArmedScot"?

This is his better looking, more athletic, much less quick triggered and more reasonable (At Times) good friend and former teammate.

OneArmedScot is probably two busy with his job, wife-n-kid and overall clean livin life.

hazzben

Quote from: TwoArmedScot on October 31, 2014, 10:22:20 AM
Actually, you're probably making a reference to "OneArmedScot"?

This is his better looking, more athletic, much less quick triggered and more reasonable (At Times) good friend and former teammate.

OneArmedScot is probably two busy with his job, wife-n-kid and overall clean livin life.

I was. I assumed you/he lost his login and had to get a new/similar moniker.

But hey, a friend of OAS is good enough for me. Though being better looking and more athletic than OAS isn't saying much  ;) ;D

TwoArmedScot