FB: American Southwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DFWCrufan

All the news I have seen is that Yes, Tevin is back
9 Year Member of the CRU-Nation! UMHB National Champions 2016 and 2018

MUC57

UMHB fans

Mount Union has physicals today to begin preparation for the season. First practice is Thurs., 8/15. First game is at Rose-Hulman on 9/7. I suppose y'all are also getting ready. Feels good to be defending champs, doesn't it? We hope we can knock you off this year, but, damn, you guys are good.
Best to you on the season. Stay injury-free and perhaps we'll meet again. Go Cru and Go Raiders!  ;D
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

DFWCrufan

Back at ya MUC - But there are a few programs out there who can push their way up, Whitewater is looking to climb back into the drivers seat, I imagine SJU has an eye for the top spot so 2019 is going to be a great season.

MUC57

DFWCrufan

Check out my post on the OAC board. It's in response to some one named "Dub". Since it involves UMHB, you might like to look at it. Or, maybe you wouldn't. GO Dlll.  ::)  ;D

DFWCrufan

Quote from: MUC57 on August 12, 2019, 03:24:27 PM
DFWCrufan

Check out my post on the OAC board. It's in response to some one named "Dub". Since it involves UMHB, you might like to look at it. Or, maybe you wouldn't. GO Dlll.  ::)  ;D
Weird, I crawled through the posts and didn't see a DUB post. But I did see ya'll were talking about a trend. I'd of course like to see another UMU/UMHB Stagg Bowl (Of course the same result as 2018 :) ) but the season hasn't even launched yet so there is nothing but Speculation. The Cru has some hurdles to navigate, of course our HSU/UMHB match up and the ever confusing ETBU, some seasons they are tough, others not so... So we'll hope for the best

MUC57

DFWCrufan

I'm actually predicting a UMU/UMHB Stagg Bowl. (Really, no kidding. Pretty gutsy on my part)!
Of course, we also have a few hurdles before that can happen. Game 3 we play John Carroll, always tough. Marietta had a good season last year, so, who knows. And we never quite know about Baldwin-Wallace and Ohio Northern.
And, if we make it to the playoffs, anything can happen. Both St. John's and UWW (the Dub) are projected to be very tough this year. And, of course, there sometimes appears, seemingly out of nowhere, a team that goes deep into the playoffs. Do the names Brockport and Johns Hopkins ring a bell?
Yes, I definitely share your concerns about getting to the Stagg. But, it sure is fun to think about it. We both know our teams take it one game at a time. No looking ahead. But we, as fans, can go straight from the first practice to the Stagg Bowl.
Ya gotta love Dlll football (and d3football.com). Go Cru and Go Raiders!  8-)  ;D

QB Jock Itch

Happy 1st day of the 2019 CRU football. Should be another fun yr. If ya haven't already, ya need to watch a good 24 min interview with Coach Fred on KCENTV . I'm ready for some football!!

Etchglow

Quote from: QB Jock Itch on August 15, 2019, 06:22:47 AM
Happy 1st day of the 2019 CRU football. Should be another fun yr. If ya haven't already, ya need to watch a good 24 min interview with Coach Fred on KCENTV . I'm ready for some football!!

Here is the link to that interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJqFJocoY-M

Interesting tidbit, Aaron Sims will be suspended for the first 5 games of the season for violating team rules.

QB Jock Itch

Quote from: Etchglow on August 15, 2019, 09:50:16 AM

Interesting tidbit, Aaron Sims will be suspended for the first 5 games of the season for violating team rules.

Yep and we lost the UCLA and Oregon transfers. But got some other good ones

Toby Taff

How do you maintain the tradition? An All-American sits 5 games for team rule violations. If that doesn't send a message, nothing does.
My wife and I are Alumni of both UMHB and HSU.  You think you are confused, my kids don't know which Purple and Gold team to pull for.

MRMIKESMITH

Quote from: Toby Taff on August 15, 2019, 02:17:57 PM

How do you maintain the tradition? An All-American sits 5 games for team rule violations. If that doesn't send a message, nothing does.

Schedule is back-loaded...jk

Toby Taff

Quote from: MANDGSU on August 15, 2019, 05:48:33 PM

Schedule is back-loaded...jk
usually. He will miss the albright, Howard Payne, Belhaven. McMurry, and ETBU games
My wife and I are Alumni of both UMHB and HSU.  You think you are confused, my kids don't know which Purple and Gold team to pull for.

bleedpurple

He's suspended for half of the regular season?  That must have been one very important rule he broke!

Pat Coleman

Quote from: bleedpurple on August 15, 2019, 11:21:25 PM

He's suspended for half of the regular season?  That must have been one very important rule he broke!

UMHB has never been afraid to suspend a star football player, even for the Stagg Bowl, for breaking a team rule.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

DFWCrufan