Started by Pat Cummings, March 01, 2005, 07:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libertatem Foederis

LL Playoff Picture

# 1 Seed:

Hobart - LOCKED

# 2 Seed:

Union - LOCKED
- A win or lose they have the tie breaker with RIT & Ithaca (they split with both) of which I'm assuming its best record vs top of the league (Hobart) of which they are the only team the LL to beat them.

# 3 Seed & # 4 Seed:

RIT
- A Win & an Ithaca lose- Both Ithaca & RIT win or lose.....your guess is as good as mine how this gets figured out, they split this year & share the same results against the 2 teams ahead of them.

Ithaca
- A Win & a RIT lose- Both Ithaca & RIT win or lose.....your guess is as good as mine how this gets figured out, they split this year & share the same results against the 2 teams ahead of them.

# 5 Seed & 6 Seed:
What a mess..... fun thou

RPI
- Win & their in. Beat the Golden Knights today and they are either 5th or 6th , but they are in.
- Lose to the Golden Knights and it gets complicated. potentially a 4 way tie between Clarkson, Skidmore , & Vassar ... Vassar as swept them so if they lose they need Vassar to lose as well to keep their playoff hopes alive.

Skidmore
- Win & their in. SLU is on tap.
- Lose , & they like RPI need Vassar to lose as well to get in or at least give themselves a chance.

Vassar
- Win & RPI or Skidmore loses and they will take their spot b/c they will share the same record & they swept both teams this year.

Clarkson
- I put them here, but I don't think them can get in regardless of what happens.  If they win & everyone else loses (RPI , Vassar , Skidmore) they have a 3 way tie & skidmore swept them this year, & RPI split w/ Clarkson , but split with skidmore...and i think that will give them the edge .

Libertatem Foederis

I think this will be the layout for the LL Tournament

#4 Ithaca           #1 Hobart         
#5 Vassar          #4 or #5 Winner

#3 RIT               #2 Union
#6 Skidmore      #3 or #6 Winner

Vassar jumps RPI with their lose to Clarkson in OT & jumps Skidmore for the #5 spot b/c they have equal records jump swept them this year.

Should be a good one.

LF

Bartman

Hobart 15 game winning streak ended by Union. Hobart had a poor shooting night and double the turnovers from last night. Union deserves a hard fought win as their leading scorer did not play. Hobart really needs the tournament next weekend ....home court advantage , no excuses. Should be some good games.
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

Libertatem Foederis

CORRECTION

#5 Skidmore 9-9

#6 Vassar 8-10

I think Vassar gets in over Clarkson, but let see what the commish does...

LF

Libertatem Foederis

Clarkson did beat Union.... They just might get them in over Vassar. 

LF

Bartman

I think since Vassar and Clarkson split their 2 games, the tie breaker reverts to the overall record(including out of conference...at least that is the rule for LL Football to determine the NCAA bid if there is a multi team tie ) , I could be wrong but I think it would go to Clarkson in that case as they have the better overall record.
Correction: I was incorrect.....tie breaker went to Vassar and they have the 6 th seed for the tourney, congratulations to all qualifiers
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

ITH radio

I had a bad feeling the Statesmen would drop the regular season finale. Gotta win it to get in it now boys.

Good luck!
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

ucaafan

Took awhile to figure out who was going to get the final spot in the LL playoffs and congrats to Vassar. Very interesting season and never expected the double figures in losses for Skidmore. St. Lawrence a bit easier to understand once Naclerio went down. Clarkson finished strong and just missed getting the final spot. Hobart lived up to its preseason billing finishing first as was predicted back in November in the LL coaches survey. Biggest surprise had to be Union which was predicted 8th of 10 and then locking up a second place slot. Coach Sweeney is doing a very good at Hobart but the Union coach really got the maximum out of his players. Good luck to all in the playoffs.

Bartman

Out of curiosity, what was the criteria for Vassar getting in over Clarkson....I get that RPI had the worst 3 way tie record of the three, but I am wondering what the formula was for Vassar ? Good luck to all the teams in the playoffs....anything is possible .
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

Caz Bombers

Quote from: Bartman on February 19, 2018, 11:50:42 AM
Out of curiosity, what was the criteria for Vassar getting in over Clarkson....I get that RPI had the worst 3 way tie record of the three, but I am wondering what the formula was for Vassar ? Good luck to all the teams in the playoffs....anything is possible .

Vassar went 3-1 vs RPI and Clarkson
Clarkson went 2-2 vs. RPI and Vassar
RPI went 1-3 vs. Clarkson and Vassar

therefore, Vassar gets the spot.

Bartman

Quote from: Caz Bombers on February 19, 2018, 01:07:55 PM
Quote from: Bartman on February 19, 2018, 11:50:42 AM

Vassar went 3-1 vs RPI and Clarkson
Clarkson went 2-2 vs. RPI and Vassar
RPI went 1-3 vs. Clarkson and Vassar

therefore, Vassar gets the spot.
Got it, thanks.
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

Bartman

Wow, a close loss to the #2 in the LL ,Union, and Hobart drops out of the top 25 rankings as well as a bunch of other 20-25 ranked teams who suffered losses. Plattsburgh St. will take over the #1 ranking in the region as they take Hobart's place in the Top 25. I thought Hobart didn't have to win the LL Tourney to get in, but now I am worried. Gotta play well this weekend.
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Bartman on February 19, 2018, 08:08:40 PM
Wow, a close loss to the #2 in the LL ,Union, and Hobart drops out of the top 25 rankings as well as a bunch of other 20-25 ranked teams who suffered losses. Plattsburgh St. will take over the #1 ranking in the region as they take Hobart's place in the Top 25. I thought Hobart didn't have to win the LL Tourney to get in, but now I am worried. Gotta play well this weekend.

Bartman - that statement is incorrect. The Top 25 has nothing to do with the rankings. Hobart could very well stay ahead of Plattsburgh (not looking at data to make a claim). The regional rankings and Top 25 don't always agree. You can look around every week and find examples.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

magicman

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on February 20, 2018, 02:00:55 PM
Quote from: Bartman on February 19, 2018, 08:08:40 PM

Bartman - that statement is incorrect. The Top 25 has nothing to do with the rankings. Hobart could very well stay ahead of Plattsburgh (not looking at data to make a claim). The regional rankings and Top 25 don't always agree. You can look around every week and find examples.

Hobart will probably stay ahead of Plattsburgh in the regional rankings next week even with the loss to Union. Hobart has the same number of losses as Plattsburgh and 1 more win. They also have a slightly better Strength of Schedule. I'll be surprised if Plattsburgh moves into the top spot. 

Caz Bombers

RIT edges Vassar at home by 5, Skidmore knocks off Ithaca at the Bulb by 6, Rupkus went fully buck wild with 39 points.