MBB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, February 24, 2005, 09:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomt4525

UW-Oshkosh has hired Matt Lewis as its interim head coach for the men's basketball program. Lewis, an assistant under Pat Juckem the past six seasons, will serve as the Titans' head coach in 2018-19.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: tomt4525 on May 17, 2018, 12:50:50 PM
UW-Oshkosh has hired Matt Lewis as its interim head coach for the men's basketball program. Lewis, an assistant under Pat Juckem the past six seasons, will serve as the Titans' head coach in 2018-19.

Quote from: Pat Coleman on May 04, 2018, 01:07:35 PM
It sounds like Matt Lewis will be the interim coach for this upcoming season -- just waiting on the proper person to apply their signature to finish the process.

Guess they found the right HR person finally!
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Congrats to Matt (if true; just haven't seen it published as of yet)... honestly surprises me as I thought the school had enough time for a search (and thus would be forced to do a search by the rules)... but I know sometimes this is a way of making sure the coach they want gets the gig.

Good luck to Matt moving forward. Keeping continuity with a very loaded program coming off a very successful season... makes total sense.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Pat Coleman on May 17, 2018, 01:39:22 PM

Quote from: Pat Coleman on May 04, 2018, 01:07:35 PM
It sounds like Matt Lewis will be the interim coach for this upcoming season -- just waiting on the proper person to apply their signature to finish the process.

Guess they found the right HR person finally!

What is crazy is I never saw your post, Pat! I was also flying through boards and my eyes were glazing over many of the recruiting news... so I am sure I missed it for those reasons. LOL
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

cubs

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on May 17, 2018, 01:39:47 PM

Congrats to Matt (if true; just haven't seen it published as of yet)... honestly surprises me as I thought the school had enough time for a search (and thus would be forced to do a search by the rules)... but I know sometimes this is a way of making sure the coach they want gets the gig.

Good luck to Matt moving forward. Keeping continuity with a very loaded program coming off a very successful season... makes total sense.
The above is a "word-for-word' tweet from "All Things Wisconsin Basketball" guru Mark Miller....  Rarely doesn't Mark post information without verifying things first, so you can pretty much bank on its accuracy.
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

cubs

2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Yeah - I've just seen things not exactly end up being true more times than I can count ... including this post-season, so I am always unsure unless it has been reported by the school, a source I know/trust, OR I have sourced it.

Oh the stories...

tomt4525

2018 PG Camden Wall (5-10) of Green Bay Preble has committed to UW-Stout.

tomt4525

Former Appleton Xavier standout Sam Burkart (6-0) has decided to transfer from UW-Milwaukee to UW-La Crosse. He will have 2 years of eligibility at La Crosse for coach Kent Dernbach.

He was a top 50 recruit in Wisconsin as a senior, was also a walk-on for the Milwaukee program.

tomt4525

Former Almond-Bancroft standout Dylan Bunders (6-7) plans to transfer from St Norbert to UW-La Crosse. He has three years of eligibility.

Another top 50 recruit heading to La Crosse, seems like Dern is going to have a roster of 25 at this point.

tomt4525

Austin (MN) PG, Tate Hebrink, will play basketball at River Falls.

Greek Tragedy

Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Greek Tragedy

Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!