MBB: Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association

Started by sac, February 19, 2005, 11:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sac

That Nov. 10 game for Trine with Illinois Tech is probably an exhibition.  MIAA schools need 11 non-conference games after the 14 league games for a total of no more than 25 regular season contests.  Nov. 15 is the official start day of the D3 season.

Olivet is playing 4 D2's next Winter including defending D2 champ Ferris State.  First two will be exhibitions for the Comets.

Oct. 27  Lake Superior State
Dec 9   Ferris State
Dec 29  Findley
Dec 30  Saginaw Valley State

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: sac on June 05, 2018, 03:19:29 AM
That Nov. 10 game for Trine with Illinois Tech is probably an exhibition.  MIAA schools need 11 non-conference games after the 14 league games for a total of no more than 25 regular season contests.  Nov. 15 is the official start day of the D3 season.

Olivet is playing 4 D2's next Winter including defending D2 champ Ferris State.  First two will be exhibitions for the Comets.

Dec 9   Ferris State
Dec 29  Findley

They passed the Nov 8th starting date, right?  Doesn't that take effect for 2018-2019?
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on June 05, 2018, 09:24:31 AM

Dec 9   Ferris State
Dec 29  Findley

They passed the Nov 8th starting date, right?  Doesn't that take effect for 2018-2019?

Having punched in a bunch of schedules in recent days, I can confirm. :(
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

sac

Quote from: Pat Coleman on June 05, 2018, 11:10:04 AM
Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on June 05, 2018, 09:24:31 AM

Dec 9   Ferris State
Dec 29  Findley

Having punched in a bunch of schedules in recent days, I can confirm. :(

Then Trine has one too many non-conference games scheduled and would be wise to make their Dec 5 date with Great Lakes Christian an exhibition or disappear entirely. :)

Unless we've changed the number of games to be played also.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Yes... Nov. 8 is the official starting date for Division III this year. However, that doesn't mean teams can't have exhibition games after the start of the year. DIII teams are allowed two exhibitions games/scrimmages per year to be used either before the season starts or after as long as the total doesn't go more than two. Something we all have been getting used to over the last few years.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

sac

Kyle Woodruff  6-1 G  Holly is transferring from Marietta to Alma

Woodruff played in 15 and 10 games the last 2 years.  If I'm remembering correctly Kyle was a great 3-point shooter at Holly.

sac

Tyler Edwards (recent Alma grad) has joined the Alma coaching staff as an assistant.

Dec 9   Ferris State
Dec 29  Findley

Only Lake Superior St. will be an exhibition for the Comets, the rest are real games. 

sac

Quote from: TUAngola on June 04, 2018, 05:40:34 PM
Trine MBB 2018-2019 schedule is up:

http://www.trinethunder.com/sports/mbkb/2018-19/schedule

Non-conference: 6 home and 6 road games which includes 2 tournaments, one at Albion in November and one at Mount Union in December.  Odd to have nonconference home and road dates with Illinois Tech.

Conference:  appears to be the same line up as last years schedule except home/away dates reversed.

This has now been updated with the second Illinois Tech game removed from the schedule.

sac

Albion has done a full twitter release of their recruiting class.  One or two here that are new

Zach Winston 6-2 G  Detroit Jesuit
Devin Holmes 6-5 F  Detroit Renaissance
M.J. Barnes  6-2  Wing   Rowlett HS, Rowlett, Tx 
Cortez Garland 6-0 PG  Detroit Renaissance
Chase Kinzinger 5-9 PG  Cedar Springs
O.J. Rolle  6-5 Wing  Norland HS, Miami, Fl.
Jalen Martin 6-4  F  Thornwood HS, South Holland, Il
Timothy Rodriguez 5-10 PG  Miami Beach HS, Miami Beach, Fl

Albion made a highlight video of all their commits
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCUgwBS_fT0&feature=youtu.be

Nicely done Albion.

TUAngola

Trine commit:

Bryce Williams, 6-3, wing, Archbold HS, Archbold Ohio

Bryce is the brother of current Trine WBB senior Cassidy Williams, and son of outgoing Trine Men's Assistant coach Doug Williams, who is stepping down so he attend his daughter's games during her upcoming senior season at Trine.

Bryce was 2nd team All Ohio Div III and led his HS team within 1 game of the state championship.

In other team news, Trine has hired 2 new MBB assistants.  John Wysong, a longtime local college and HS coach in NE Indiana and a 1976 Tri-State graduate, and Zach Hurth, a 2015 Albion College graduate and member of the Britons basketball team.  They replace the aforementioned Doug Williams and Rob Metry.

sac

Moneyball Pro-Am summer league kicks off Thursday in Lansing at the Summit  (I96 and Lansing Rd)

A Few MIAA guys playing

Tracy Edmond  -Olivet?-    --Team Definition   (curiously listed as LCC '16 on roster)
Caleb Hoekstra -Hope-     --Team Glory
Preston Laketa -Alma-      --Team Glory
Zach Winston -Albion-      --Team Quicksilver   (playing with older brother Cassius Winston)
Michael Fomby -Olivet-     --Team Quicksilver
Bryan Dutton -Olivet '10-  --Team Quicksilver
Harrison Gilstrap -Olivet-   --Team Showtime 
Forest Bouyer -Calvin-      --Team Vintage

Each of the six teams has 2 MSU Spartans on it.  MIAA guys usually don't get much run in this but its fun to watch the MSU guys play in a small setting.  No Miles Bridges this year so probably less of a madhouse, but I suppose Loyer and Bingham might bring some folks out.  Some of the lesser known guys can really play.

Free basketball, Tuesday/Thursday nights 6,7 and 8pm

sac

Moneyball Pro-Am is at Aim High not The Summit (they're right next to each other).......that's old for ya.

Trevor Manuel, Olivet played for the Gold/yellow team with Foster Loyer this last week.   The once famous Graham Couch for the LSJ wrote up this nice article on him.  https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/sports/columnists/graham-couch/2018/07/08/trevor-manuel-oregon-loyola-olivet-couch-column/762075002/ 

Spoiler:   He's still planning on playing for the Comets.

Good luck to all MIAA players playing the '3' this Winter.

Stinger

Quote from: sac on June 25, 2018, 02:46:07 PM
Moneyball Pro-Am summer league kicks off Thursday in Lansing at the Summit  (I96 and Lansing Rd)

A Few MIAA guys playing

Tracy Edmond  -Olivet?-    --Team Definition   (curiously listed as LCC '16 on roster)
Caleb Hoekstra -Hope-     --Team Glory
Preston Laketa -Alma-      --Team Glory
Zach Winston -Albion-      --Team Quicksilver   (playing with older brother Cassius Winston)
Michael Fomby -Olivet-     --Team Quicksilver
Bryan Dutton -Olivet '10-  --Team Quicksilver
Harrison Gilstrap -Olivet-   --Team Showtime 
Forest Bouyer -Calvin-      --Team Vintage

Each of the six teams has 2 MSU Spartans on it.  MIAA guys usually don't get much run in this but its fun to watch the MSU guys play in a small setting.  No Miles Bridges this year so probably less of a madhouse, but I suppose Loyer and Bingham might bring some folks out.  Some of the lesser known guys can really play.

Free basketball, Tuesday/Thursday nights 6,7 and 8pm

We had a Kzoo squad at Aim High (back at the old Walter French) for two summers. Great playing against current and former Spartans as well as other DIs from the area.  I enjoyed watching Brian Ellison kick Jon Garavaglia's ass up and down the court one game.
There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.

Nigel Powers - Goldmember

Young Knight 14

I won't lie I haven't been on here in some time so forgive me if this was already brought up.  Bryan Powell will be joining the Calvin coaching staff as an assistant coach.

KnightSlappy

Quote from: Young Knight 14 on July 12, 2018, 03:49:50 PM
I won't lie I haven't been on here in some time so forgive me if this was already brought up.  Bryan Powell will be joining the Calvin coaching staff as an assistant coach.

"Who's that coachin' we?"