WBB: Michigan Intercollegiate Athletics Association

Started by MJA, February 24, 2005, 06:38:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChicagoHopeNut

It'll be nice to have the Lady Dutch back in action today and reportedly with the return of Snikkers, thereby, increasing the depth of the bench again.

Hopefully, we'll see a nice quick start from the Dutch instead of our recent, typical slow first halves.

If anyone catches this game instead of heading to Albion I'd appreciate a report later.
Tribes of primitve hunters, with rhinestone codpieces rampant, should build pyramids of Chevy engines covered in butterscotch syrup to exalt the diastolic, ineffable, scintillated and cacophonous salamander of truth which slimes and distracts from each and every orifice of your holy refrigerator.

oldknight

Quote from: DCHopeNut on February 02, 2008, 11:58:26 AM
It'll be nice to have the Lady Dutch back in action today and reportedly with the return of Snikkers, thereby, increasing the depth of the bench again.

I don't believe she is quite ready to play yet today though she may suit up. As I understand it she is likely to see her first game action next week. Up till now--since the boot came off her foot--Snikkers has been limited to doing some low impact conditioning such as running in a pool and biking. I don't think she has even done any practicing with the team other than shooting around. This is a wise move since, with the league regular season crown well in hand, Hope doesn't need to rush her back. I understand that she is more likely to see her first game next week against Tri-State with more significant PT on Saturday against Calvin. Wonderful. :( :'(

mjfasteenwolf

Quote from: oldknight on February 02, 2008, 12:18:50 PM
Quote from: DCHopeNut on February 02, 2008, 11:58:26 AM

I don't believe she is quite ready to play yet today though she may suit up. As I understand it she is likely to see her first game action next week. Up till now--since the boot came off her foot--Snikkers has been limited to doing some low impact conditioning such as running in a pool and biking. I don't think she has even done any practicing with the team other than shooting around. This is a wise move since, with the league regular season crown well in hand, Hope doesn't need to rush her back. I understand that she is more likely to see her first game next week against Tri-State with more significant PT on Saturday against Calvin. Wonderful. :( :'(

Unfortunately for you OK, that is the same thing I was thinking. She is going to suit up today, and ease her way back in just in time for the Calvin game. I am sure Calvin is going to show up to play a little better than they did last time, so it is good that Hope has tune up games today and wed, and then with the return of Snikkers next Saturday, they should be ready to handle the laday Knights again.

ChicagoHopeNut

Jordyn Boles has tied the career three point record at Hope (currently tied with Bria Ebels) by hitting two 3s in the first half.

Congrats to Jordyn!
Tribes of primitve hunters, with rhinestone codpieces rampant, should build pyramids of Chevy engines covered in butterscotch syrup to exalt the diastolic, ineffable, scintillated and cacophonous salamander of truth which slimes and distracts from each and every orifice of your holy refrigerator.

sac

Quote from: DCHopeNut on February 02, 2008, 03:29:06 PM
Jordyn Boles has tied the career three point record at Hope (currently tied with Bria Ebels) by hitting two 3s in the first half.

Congrats to Jordyn!

Finishing that thought, she broke the record with 2 more in the second half.

Big pat on the back to the 1010 in attendance today at DeVos, thats a pretty good crowd for such a matchup.

hope1

a big game saturday vs calvin  maybe a big crowd at the devoss  snickers might be back saturday
i love hope  sports all of them are really great to watch

veragrace

This is a great article on Knox and her stellar contribution to the team in Snikkers absence. 

http://hollandsentinel.com/stories/020508/localsports_20080205045.shtml

I like the idea of Courtney and Carrie playing together with Emily at small forward.

AlwaysHope

Quote from: veragrace on February 05, 2008, 02:05:45 PM
This is a great article on Knox and her stellar contribution to the team in Snikkers absence. 

I like the idea of Courtney and Carrie playing together with Emily at small forward.

So Hope's third string center leads the MIAA in rebounds, while playing a lot less minutes than the other rebound leaders!

MIdoubleA

Quote from: AlwaysHope on February 05, 2008, 05:46:34 PM

So Hope's third string center leads the MIAA in rebounds, while playing a lot less minutes than the other rebound leaders!

Basically the story of their season.

I love watching the woman play almost as much as I love watching their opponents faces in the second half. By that time, they've figured out that they get no rest whatsoever when Hope's 3rd string comes in. Wave after wave of dutch come in and run the other teams ragged. Mo has done a great job with recruiting and developing lots of good athletes. Now if only someone else we know could do just as good... ;)

SKOT

The article mentions Snikkers having a "bone stress reactor."  Can someone explain what this is.    Did they just mean a stress fracture?  Apparently its so secretive that Google doesn't even know what it is.  The only time those 3 words appear in a row on the internet is on the Sentinel web page. 

oldknight

Quote from: SKOT on February 06, 2008, 11:00:21 AM

The article mentions Snikkers having a "bone stress reactor."  Can someone explain what this is.    Did they just mean a stress fracture?  Apparently its so secretive that Google doesn't even know what it is.  The only time those 3 words appear in a row on the internet is on the Sentinel web page. 

I suspect the Sentinel article means "bone stress reaction" not "reactor." On the gradient scale of least to most serious chronic bone conditions of the foot caused by repetitive use, the labeling goes: bone strain, stress reaction, and stress fracture. These conditions are an overuse injury to any of the many bones of the foot, is exacerbated by regular running on hard surfaces (like a basketball floor) and has been long noticed in soldiers whose training typically involves long marches. The stress fracture is the most serious form of this injury but is a bit of a misnomer since most times there is no actual fracture line even among those diagnosed with this condition. Obviously, there is as much art as science in evaluating the injury and precscribing treatment (rest) and most doctors will be cautious and allow only gradual increases in daily activity in order to avoid a reoccurrence.

mjfasteenwolf

Thats a great idea, but if you put Emily at the three in the second rotation, that means you are leaving DeKuiper, or Cowen on the bench, which I don't think is something you want to do. I woudl say as they are playing right now, if anything you make Emily the 11th player. You need some sort of perimeter presence on the 2nd string, which as hard as emily might try to do, shes not as strong out there as Miranda and Jenny.

OC_SID

All women's games for tonight have been postponed until tomorrow at 7:30.

MIdoubleA

So I made this comment in the men's chat and got karma-kicked out of there.

Was anyone else surprised that Ebels (bria) and Winkle weren't anywhere on the Dream Teams that were posted? I figured for all of their accomplishments and accolades (not to mention their basketball prowess) they would be shoe-ins for honorable mention at the very least?

sac

Quote from: MIdoubleA on February 07, 2008, 03:29:56 PM
So I made this comment in the men's chat and got karma-kicked out of there.

Was anyone else surprised that Ebels (bria) and Winkle weren't anywhere on the Dream Teams that were posted? I figured for all of their accomplishments and accolades (not to mention their basketball prowess) they would be shoe-ins for honorable mention at the very least?

Not really, neither Winkle nor Ebels made the D3hoops.com First Team All-American team.  Fouth for Ebels in 06,  5th for Winkle in 06, and 3rd in 07.  There were alot of women ahead of them.  I don't expect any of the men to make it either.

Shame on you for talking women's basketball in the men's room. ::) ;)