SCAC volleyball

Started by samsamvb, September 17, 2009, 03:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samsamvb

The SCAC will start their official conference play this weekend at Trinity University when they host the SCAC West/Central Divisional.  Currently Colorado College, Austin College, Southwestern and Trinity are all ranked in the top 25.  Should be a great weekend of volleyball.

WLCALUM83

Some 3-4 years ago, WLC played Colorado College in a non-conference meet-CC won;

Re this weekend's meet-should those ranked teams play each other early, something will have to give.

WLCALUM83

Noticed off Trinity-TX website that CC took Trinity to 4 before losing and Southwestern swept Austin--

WLCALUM83

Appears Colorado College (SCAC 7-1) is making an in-conference statement. Austin (7-2) has slipped a bit, Southwestern (8-0) is still on top in SCAC

WLCALUM83

Centre-Colorado College just underway in 2nd SCAC Divisional weekend action as I post:

Developing. . .

WLCALUM83

Final just in:

Colorado College over Centre (25-20, 25-10, 25-18)

Per CC stats:   Ballard 10 kills, Perkins 8, 2 other Tigers 7 each; Goldsmith 16 digs.

WLCALUM83

#14 Colorado College vs. #15 Trinity-TX on deck:

WLCALUM83

Final just in:

Colorado College over Trinity-TX (25-23, 25-23, 20-25, 25-23)

Per CC stats--  CC--Perkins 19 and Goldsmith 14 kills, respectively
                         Trinity-TX --Malloy & Hazelwood each had 9 kills

WLCALUM83

Final just in:

Colorado College over Millikin (27-25, 26-24, 25-19)

Per CC stats;  CC-- Perkins 11 kills
                       Millikin--  England 15 kills

Ron Boerger

Looks like DePauw's loss in the third place match this weekend cost them a spot in the NCAAs.   Besides Southwestern, Colorado College and Trinity got invites to the playoffs.    If I read the bracket properly, Southwestern will host a regional this weekend, with Emory the major competition.  Emory gets a bye into the second round and will be matched up against the winner of RMC-Trinity   CC also gets a bye in the regional hosted by Redlands.

WLCALUM83

Colorado College gets the Puget Sound/Cal Lutheran winner. LaVerne (19-13) put a lot of top-ranked opponents on its' schedule. Assuming Southwestern gets past U of Dallas-the Pirates could very well end up getting an (at this time) undefeated UT-Dallas squad. It's the pits when 2 highly-ranked teams meet that early in the tournament, but from what I've seen, the Eastern regions (NY, New England, relatively speaking here) didn't have that many teams that consistently stayed nationally ranked this season. (Just an observation, not a knock.)

Ron Boerger

I'm going to try and go to some of the games @ Southwestern.  Just happy there were enough teams in the area to justify them getting to host instead of shipping everyone off to Emory as has happened too many times in the past. 

WLCALUM83

Final just in: #16 ranked Southwestern-TX opens up 2010 by beating Mary Hardin-Baylor in 3.

WLCALUM83

Austin College/UT-Dallas just underway: