FB: American Southwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reverendbiker

Quote from: Toby Taff on January 11, 2021, 08:22:27 PM
If you're looking for a mental warm up for the spring season, follow Jack Phelps on twitter. He has been posting video highlights of the Cru as a run up to the short season.

That would be me.  Thanks for the plug!  I plan to make a post every day until the first spring game.  Here's hoping the season gets played!

Toby Taff

Quote from: Reverendbiker on January 12, 2021, 07:10:08 PM
Quote from: Toby Taff on January 11, 2021, 08:22:27 PM
If you're looking for a mental warm up for the spring season, follow Jack Phelps on twitter. He has been posting video highlights of the Cru as a run up to the short season.

That would be me.  Thanks for the plug!  I plan to make a post every day until the first spring game.  Here's hoping the season gets played!
Welcome to the board. I love your twitter content.
My wife and I are Alumni of both UMHB and HSU.  You think you are confused, my kids don't know which Purple and Gold team to pull for.

Riley Zayas

Four former UMHB football players will be on the sidelines as coaches in tomorrow's UIL 6A D1 State Championship game. Read all about the UMHB connection in Texas' premier state championship!
https://truetothecru.com/2021/01/15/former-umhb-football-standouts-set-to-lead-westlake-southlake-carroll-into-uil-6a-d1-state-championship-on-saturday/
Proverbs 21:31. D3hoops.com WBB Top 25 voter. On the UMHB beat as the managing editor of TrueToTheCru.com, covering everything in CRU athletics. Read my blog, The Scoop on D3 Women's Hoops. Find it on the D3hoops.com Daily Dose.

crufootball

Hello everyone,

Just put up a posts on the ASC pick-ems wall, if you have competed in that in the past or want to in the future please go give it a look and let me know what you think.

crufootball

Games are posted to the ASC pick-ems, its GAME WEEK!

umhb2001

Bought my tickets for the two home games. Looking forward to every second of Cru Football!
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

Riley Zayas

The season has arrived for UMHB football. The bottom line? Though the setup of the season might be different, expectations haven't changed.
https://truetothecru.com/2021/02/02/with-unknowns-entering-the-upcoming-spring-season-umhb-footballs-asc-title-hopes-remain-intact/
Proverbs 21:31. D3hoops.com WBB Top 25 voter. On the UMHB beat as the managing editor of TrueToTheCru.com, covering everything in CRU athletics. Read my blog, The Scoop on D3 Women's Hoops. Find it on the D3hoops.com Daily Dose.

justafan12

This may already be known but both TLU and Southernwestern are not allowing fans at football games this spring.  TLU stated that on their website.  I contacted their athletic communications department at Southwestern and they stated they would not allow fans.
I would hope both of those schools would make the decision not to host the 5th and final game this year on March 13.  Either that or revisit their policy.
I am not sure of the size of TLU's stadium but Southwestern plays their home games in a 12,500 seat high school stadium.

Update:
Southwestern decision is final for the remainder of all spring home games.
https://www.southwestern.edu/live/news/14560-southwestern-university-athletic-events-will

crufootball

Quote from: justafan12 on February 03, 2021, 11:39:29 AM
This may already be known but both TLU and Southernwestern are not allowing fans at football games this spring.  TLU stated that on their website.  I contacted their athletic communications department at Southwestern and they stated they would not allow fans.
I would hope both of those schools would make the decision not to host the 5th and final game this year on March 13.  Either that or revisit their policy.
I am not sure of the size of TLU's stadium but Southwestern plays their home games in a 12,500 seat high school stadium.

My father and I will be heading to Belhaven this weekend to watch UMHB play. I am glad I grabbed a ticket quickly as they went on sale with no announcement to my knowledge, on Sunday, and were sold out by Tuesday night. No clue how many tickets they sold and how many were held for families of players but I couldn't pass up the chance to see the guys play after a full year of no games. 

Riley Zayas

umhb2001

Lots of good things from the Cru today. UMHB appears to be headed in the right direction. Not sure of the offensive stats, but the young Oline needs to block the run better.

Throwing the ball wasn't horrible. Cold/wet day leads to some errant throws, drops, and some miscommunication leads to some missed chances as well.

I like what I see, though.
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

UMHB03

Quote from: umhb2001 on February 06, 2021, 03:46:58 PM
Lots of good things from the Cru today. UMHB appears to be headed in the right direction. Not sure of the offensive stats, but the young Oline needs to block the run better.

Throwing the ball wasn't horrible. Cold/wet day leads to some errant throws, drops, and some miscommunication leads to some missed chances as well.

I like what I see, though.
The defense looks elite again.

Lots of potential at QB and RB. It's hard to judge the receivers due to the sloppy conditions, but there were still too many drops. The O-Line has a long way to go, unfortunately, and the offense isn't going to reach it's full potential until they can at least play serviceably.
2016, 2018, and 2021 D3 Football National Champions

zipmac22

The UMHB camera view had the misfortune of having some Belhaven fans and their umbrellas in the line of view.

For not playing an actual game in over a year I think The Cru did pretty good. The O-Line is young and needs time playing together so they can gel, the defense played well and special teams looked sharp. Having a bye week will give The Cru time to go over the game film and work on making corrections.

All in all I think The Cru is on the right path. It was just really great watching Cru Football again!
D3 National Champions:  2016, 2018, 2021

Reverendbiker

Quote from: zipmac22 on February 06, 2021, 06:39:12 PM
The O-Line is young and needs time playing together so they can gel, the defense played well and special teams looked sharp. Having a bye week will give The Cru time to go over the game film and work on making corrections.

Agree, but please note that All-American Steve Sellers didn't make the trip due to a late scratch.  His absence left only one starter from last year with three freshman and a sophomore.  That group had only one practice together as a unit.  Two of the freshman are over 300# and according to the coaches have lots of potential.  Solid backiups too.  Get Sellers back in two weeks against LC and I have to believe we'll see a different O-Line.  I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that this year's defense MIGHT be on a par with the 2016 and 2018 units.  8 starters back from last year, and some solid new faces.

Riley Zayas

Great point. Any idea why Sellers didn't make the trip? Really liked what I saw from the O-Line.