Previous topic - Next topic

ADL70

SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

4u

cwru70,
Well, when you lose a defensive lineman to an aspiring pro wrestling career, things can get a little tricky.  That said, there is a LB coming back this fall who wasn't on the squad last year, so the loss of the DL may be a wash.  Also, I understand that two QB's may play in the opener but a transfer from Valpo will take the first snap of the season.
As for the size of the freshman OL, the term "size doesn't matter" (which nobody ever wants to hear) may apply.  It turns out that of the three big fellas in the frosh class, only one shows true promise.  Let's hope the other two develop into something but let's not hold our collective breath.
Word on the street is that the scrimmage against Marietta was very positive.  Just a few days and the whole story will start to unfold,
4u
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." Steve "Pre" Prefontaine

ADL70

Pro wrestling??  That's a switch.  Yes, anxious to see how things go on the field and end speculation.
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO

ADL70

Lotta love for the Spartans in the NCAC pick 'em!  CWRU giving 13.5 and a few more there giving rather than taking.

In roster news...QB Marshall Hampton now listed as "/WR" and QB recruit Scott Moyer has been listed at WR all along.

Just a day away!
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO

4u

I'll take Case being 1-0 no matter how they got there.  Now, let's see if they'll be 1-0 at home after this Saturday.  Sounds like there's a tough opponent waiting,
4u
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." Steve "Pre" Prefontaine

e_lee

I am very happy to see Angelo Mirando earn teh starting QB job and do so well.  I coached him in high school and can attest to this young man's ability and work ethic.

Great job Spartans and great job Angelo.
The eyes are the groin of the head.  -- Dwight K. Schrute

ADL70

Mirando's debut was impressive!!

8/13/0/121/2 tds/3 sacks; plus a couple of drops, an uncalled pass interference, and a shovel pass scored as a run.  Rushed 15 for 84 and 2 tds.

The D shut down OC in the first half after the opening drive.  They were on the field a lot after the O buttoned up once going up 27-7 after first drive of second half.  Yoemen have a very good frosh RB.

Denison also won its game while losing statistics battle.  This week will tell a lot.
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO

e_lee

Apparentally he would have competed for the starting QB job at Valpo had he stayed there.  I hope he continues to do so well.  I knew he could run, but we never let him loose in high school.  perhaps we should have done that more often.
The eyes are the groin of the head.  -- Dwight K. Schrute

ADL70

He seems very well suited to the Spartan offense.  Clearly the most athletic QB that this system has had.
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO

D5A9C

Just wondering what kind of depth Case has at running back. Buddy of mine went there and is listed on the roster as a RB. Hoping he can rack up a few carries this year.

ADL70

In the past CWRU has run a lot of 1 back sets, so second RB is often in the slot.  More mobility at QB this year seems to mean fewer carriers for RBs.  Only 1 RB had carries in game 1.  One starter is a senior.  They do have a transfer from UMass and an Ohio all-state RB on the roster this year.  A lot of RBs on the roster.  I think only one of them saw special teams action.  Pass catching ability is a must in this system.
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO

ADL70

Hope your buddy is able to contribute.  The program is moving in the right direction.
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO

ADL70

Commercial radio and internet broadcast of 4 Spartan games (Denison, Wooster, WashU, and Alfred.

http://www.case.edu/athletics/varsity/broadcast/
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO

ADL70

Wow! The Spartans have a home field advantage.  The buildings hold the sound in making 2,000 sound like more.  Great vantage point atop the parking garage too.  I just wish they had lowered the field or graded the buildings to create terracing on the opposite side.   
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO