FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hsbsballcoach7

Quote from: Raider 68 on February 11, 2018, 01:16:21 PM
Quote from: hsbsballcoach7 on February 11, 2018, 10:30:07 AM
John Carroll has hired their O and D coordinators.
Benedictine HS coach Joe Schaefer is the new defensive coordinator.
Brush HS coach Jeff Fink is the new offensive coordinator.
It seems Finotti wants to go in a new direction with high school coaches.

IMHO, JCU did not elevate their strength in the OAC by hiring two HS coaches with no apparent college experience for the
top assistant positions. B-W on the other hand is in a stronger position in terms of coaching. We'll see how it develops next fall ::)

I agree that it seems BW has a better staff then JCU for now, but it comes down to players most of the time. If BW can't get the talent to equal JCU, then the coaching won't be as big of a factor in the game result. Even LK says, PLAYERS, FORMATIONS AND PLAYS (in that order).

BillyRayJimBob

I check the Key West online newspaper a couple of times per week (and wishing I was there), and noticed that the Purple Raiders will be getting a Fighting Conch!
6'0, 190 lbs., RB/OLB.
Found it surprising, I guess, of the notoriety of Mount Union all the way down at Mile Marker 0.
I do wear plenty of Mount Union apparel when I am there, and even had a couple of T-shirts "disappear" from our rental house, so I will take credit for the recruitment if he pans out.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/1560493/Kolby-Kelleher

https://twitter.com/kolby_kelleher/status/867912763812827136

section13raiderfan

How long do you think it will be until he gets his head coaching opportunity? I hope he has great success in Indy.

merlecanlas

Quote from: section13raiderfan on February 12, 2018, 12:20:37 PM
How long do you think it will be until he gets his head coaching opportunity? I hope he has great success in Indy.

a healthy Andrew Luck and he'll be getting head coaching jobs in 2-3 years

hsbsballcoach7

UMU just got their first qb out of Miami, FL in Trelvin Payne. Definitely has some tools with a strong arm and athletic enough to make runs when necessary. Put him through at least a year of college strength and conditioning and he'll be solid.

merlecanlas

Quote from: hsbsballcoach7 on February 13, 2018, 11:24:21 AM
UMU just got their first qb out of Miami, FL in Trelvin Payne. Definitely has some tools with a strong arm and athletic enough to make runs when necessary. Put him through at least a year of college strength and conditioning and he'll be solid.

I would typically say not to include highlights as a PK holder, but those were some "athletic" holds.  great overall skill, but could use a good QB coach.  Does Mount have one of those?

hsbsballcoach7

Another one of the RBs I really liked, Zeke Tulloch, changed and is going to Robert Morris. Bigger schools are going after UMU recruits....just goes to show that we are recruiting high level talent.

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

Quote from: hsbsballcoach7 on February 14, 2018, 10:35:44 AM
Another one of the RBs I really liked, Zeke Tulloch, changed and is going to Robert Morris. Bigger schools are going after UMU recruits....just goes to show that we are recruiting high level talent.

Wait, guys have "committed" to D3 Mount Union and now are switching and signing Letters of Intent to go to bigger schools?!?!?!?!?!? Gasp! How did they get released from their Offers/Commitments before signing at the new schools?

<sarcasm intended>

Always amusing to see players Tweet about D3 Offers and commitments.
National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

merlecanlas

Quote from: Kira & Jaxon's Dad on February 14, 2018, 10:49:21 AM

Wait, guys have "committed" to D3 Mount Union and now are switching and signing Letters of Intent to go to bigger schools?!?!?!?!?!? Gasp! How did they get released from their Offers/Commitments before signing at the new schools?

<sarcasm intended>

if they weren't "committed" 100% to Mount, then weren't likely to see the field anyways.  Enjoy getting smoked by every true FCS team that you go up against.  But it's FCS vs D3 so you're a better player right?

kids these days...

Pat Coleman

<sarcasm intended>

Wonder if he ends up in Division III anyway. Lots of kids bounce back after finding out another level isn't what it's cracked up to be.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

hsbsballcoach7

<sarcasm intended>

Nobody is saying that they're binding contracts.

I know exactly what your saying, but I just think it's ironic that guys that "commit" or say they're going to attend UMU and are more recently getting better financial offers from bigger schools. At least they better be getting a better financial package. I deal with this all of the time for my own players. They all want to be D1 baseball players, but don't realize that they'll be recruited over and really given very little help money wise (a baseball team can only offer 11.7 total scholarships). I try to get guys to be sold on a school and team playing style/playing time. A D2 or even D3 (with academic and grant money) can offer a similar financial package. If you're truly good enough to move on to the professional level, they will find you. Heck UMU has had guys play professional baseball and basketball recently too, so it's not just football. All I'm saying is that I hope these kids aren't switching schools just because it's a D2 or FCS program.

On that note, former players were poking fun at these HS players claiming "offers" from UMU. Tre Jones and BJ Mitchell tweeted at VK wanting to know where their offers were...haha (For those unsure, those former players know that they weren't supposed to get an "offer", just making a joke).

hsbsballcoach7

Quote from: Pat Coleman on February 14, 2018, 01:40:16 PM

<sarcasm intended>

Wonder if he ends up in Division III anyway. Lots of kids bounce back after finding out another level isn't what it's cracked up to be.

I was thinking the same thing. I've seen many kids unhappy at local D2s and looking to transfer to more successful D3 teams. Guess winning does matter to some, especially knowing money isn't always that much of a difference as some want to make it. All of the elite D3 teams have benefited from D1/2 guys transferring down bc it wasn't what they thought it would be and the player benefited too.

Onward on, John Carroll

Quote from: hsbsballcoach7 on February 14, 2018, 01:46:02 PM

<sarcasm intended>

Nobody is saying that they're binding contracts.

I know exactly what your saying, but I just think it's ironic that guys that "commit" or say they're going to attend UMU and are more recently getting better financial offers from bigger schools. At least they better be getting a better financial package. I deal with this all of the time for my own players. They all want to be D1 baseball players, but don't realize that they'll be recruited over and really given very little help money wise (a baseball team can only offer 11.7 total scholarships). I try to get guys to be sold on a school and team playing style/playing time. A D2 or even D3 (with academic and grant money) can offer a similar financial package. If you're truly good enough to move on to the professional level, they will find you. Heck UMU has had guys play professional baseball and basketball recently too, so it's not just football. All I'm saying is that I hope these kids aren't switching schools just because it's a D2 or FCS program.

On that note, former players were poking fun at these HS players claiming "offers" from UMU. Tre Jones and BJ Mitchell tweeted at VK wanting to know where their offers were...haha (For those unsure, those former players know that they weren't supposed to get an "offer", just making a joke).

My buddy was a D1 runner . . . he used to say that by the time they divided the very few scholarships up among the team, he basically got "books and breakfast" each semester. 

Dr. Acula

Noticed in a recent pic posted on twitter that the mannequin was sporting an all white helmet.  Perhaps we'll see a second alternate lid next fall.