MBB: St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by FC News, March 01, 2005, 11:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

y_jack_lok

Quote from: WUPHF on July 29, 2018, 08:56:11 PM
YJack, how many semesters of eligibility does Joseph have at this point?

I don't know for sure, but he could have two. Looks like he played in nine games in the fall semester of '15-16, was out the rest of that season and all of '16'-17, then played in 15 games in the spring semester of '17-18. But I don't know if he will be back since, according to the '15-16 roster, he entered Webster as a junior and has been there for 3 academic years. At some point you gotta move on with life.

hopefan

Quote from: y_jack_lok on July 29, 2018, 09:25:02 PM
Quote from: WUPHF on July 29, 2018, 08:56:11 PM
YJack, how many semesters of eligibility does Joseph have at this point?

I don't know for sure, but he could have two. Looks like he played in nine games in the fall semester of '15-16, was out the rest of that season and all of '16'-17, then played in 15 games in the spring semester of '17-18. But I don't know if he will be back since, according to the '15-16 roster, he entered Webster as a junior and has been there for 3 academic years. At some point you gotta move on with life.

AND, he was listed as a senior on last year's roster....hey maybe Kevin Miller has a semester left ;D ;D ;D
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

WUPHF

Joseph would have at least one full year left if he did not play varsity basketball prior to enrolling at Webster regardless of the roster.

Greek Tragedy

I would love to see Joseph back for another year, for fantasy purposes, obviously! I drafted Webster in both team leagues. Outside of Greenville, they could be the highest scoring SLIAC team this season. Eureka held that spot last year, but I expect a steep drop-off with Feehan gone, although I have Eureka in one league as well. Man, the likes of E&M, Wash. U. and Eastern will be some solid opponents, even if Wash U lost most of their team to graduation.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

hopefan

Remember Joseph transferred into Webster from Lewis and Clark Community College. I'm not sure if he played one or two years there... I'm assuming two.

WUPHF

Well, looks like two full seasons at Lewis and Clark.

In my opinion, the Webster SID should include prior school information on the roster.

hopefan

So... Blackburn, Eureka, Fontbonne, Greenville, MacMurray, and Webster schedules have been posted... still looking for Iowa Wesleyan, Principia, Spalding, and Westminster schedules.....would love to see them, but as these 4 are last to post every year, likely will have to wait until December....

hopefan

doolittledog

Has anyone here heard any rumors of a Missouri school joining the Iowa Conference?  Saw a tweet over the weekend that mentioned that possibility.  Westminster would be my guess, because they have football and wrestling.  I would think Washington would think they are above a conference like the IIAC.  Wouldn't think any others would add football and wrestling.  Haven't even thought it could be an NAIA or D2 school. 
Coach Finstock - "There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that and everything else is cream cheese."

WUPHF

There is also a rumor on Twitter that the IIAC is changing their name to the American Rivers conference.

As I demonstrated here before, no other conference is more closely tied with the American rivers than the SLIAC though I would call it the Western Rivers which is the more traditional name.

WUPHF

OK, I found a Tweet...it appears to be speculation related to the possible name change more than anything.

hopefan

Quote from: hopefan on August 03, 2018, 09:11:45 AM
So... Blackburn, Eureka, Fontbonne, Greenville, MacMurray, and Webster schedules have been posted... still looking for Iowa Wesleyan, Principia, Spalding, and Westminster schedules.....would love to see them, but as these 4 are last to post every year, likely will have to wait until...

Well, dropped a note to our four slower SIDs yesterday, and lo and behold, Principia is the 7th school to post their schedule...
Unfortunately, it shows 27 games, but with McKendree and UMSL on it, and both D2, they likely should have been denoted as exhibition games, getting the sked down to 25.... Thanks to SID Heather Fairbanks for responding so quickly....

Also, I had noted previously that Prin again has a western trip this year, playing Caltech on Dec 17 ... the completed schedule now shows that they are also playing Occidental while out west, on the 18th....

y_jack_lok

Quote from: WUPHF on August 06, 2018, 08:34:13 AM
There is also a rumor on Twitter that the IIAC is changing their name to the American Rivers conference.

As I demonstrated here before, no other conference is more closely tied with the American rivers than the SLIAC though I would call it the Western Rivers which is the more traditional name.

Quote from: WUPHF on August 06, 2018, 08:39:02 AM
OK, I found a Tweet...it appears to be speculation related to the possible name change more than anything.

From the *new* American Rivers Conference board in the West region:

Quote from: rlgyank on August 09, 2018, 02:03:38 PM
The IIAC is now the American Rivers Conference. Do we get a new thread or stay on this one????? :-)

Also this:

Quote from: hickory_cornhusker on August 11, 2018, 09:25:48 AM
Is this the appropriate place to mention the Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Confernce has changed its name to the American Rivers Conference? Apparently Nebraska Wesleyan has earned the right to not be disenfranchised by its own conference's name when it won the men's basketball national championship. Trine and St. Mary's (IN) should take note.

http://iowaconference.com/news/2018/8/7/american-rivers-conference.aspx

WUPHF

I said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again, that should have been the SLIAC.

Just look at that map.