FB: USA South Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:14:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PantherGuy

USA South board has been very quite for the last 2 months....   Anyone know when Media Day will take place this summer.   Had a good talk with Coach Pardue last week and is doing a great job putting together the 2018 team.   Looks like several transfers coming in will help us out on the defensive side this season.   Will be hard replacing QB Conner Blair who threw for 2800 yards last season.18   Hope the run game will pick up in '18.  What's is looking like for the rest of the conference.....

scottiedoug

Once and former MC football player.  Why it is relevant is unclear.  If he had been a history major, would that have been newsworthy?

Ralph Turner

Quote from: scottiedoug on May 15, 2018, 05:41:43 PM
Once and former MC football player.  Why it is relevant is unclear.  If he had been a history major, would that have been newsworthy?
You gotta get the clicks.

Scots13

Late to the party on this.

I understand, like Ralph, why media used "ex-college football player". It made dollars and cents.  I wish they would have left it out, but I don't think the actions of a back-up freshman will condemn the program.

In other news, LaGrange's HC stepped down and a replacement was promoted from staff. Any idea what Pardue's "other opportunities" includes?
Where Chilhowee's lofty mountains pierce the southern blue, proudly stands our Alma Mater
NOBLE, GRAND, and TRUE.
TO THE HILL!

PantherGuy

NBC Dateline jumped on the story:  Looks like he was still on the MC team when this happened....

https://nbcnews.to/2zF4qaG

PantherGuy

Again, great disappointment in the Panther football program.  Todd Mooney should never have been dismissed and its been a mess since Coach Mooney has left.  Now we have our 3rd head coach in 5 years since Mooney was forced to step down.  Might be an AD problem causing the problems....

Hawks88

Huntingdon had over 140 report today including 76 returning players. Practice starts tomorrow.
Now I begin the process of refreshing the roster web page about a zillion times a day until the new one is posted. ;)

Go Hawks!

BerryViking92

Why was Coach Mooney forced to step down?

Quote from: PantherGuy on July 16, 2018, 08:21:27 PM
Again, great disappointment in the Panther football program.  Todd Mooney should never have been dismissed and its been a mess since Coach Mooney has left.  Now we have our 3rd head coach in 5 years since Mooney was forced to step down.  Might be an AD problem causing the problems....

Hawks88

Scots13

No way Maryville should be as high as they are. Averett (can't believe I'm saying this...) will be a good team this year and a dark horse. NCWC should also do well.
I wouldn't be surprised if Maryville had another 5-5 year again. Huntingdon, W&L, Berry, Centre will be challenges.

Excited for Kickoff tomorrow...I'm carving out several hours of nothingness to sit and stare at my screen.
Where Chilhowee's lofty mountains pierce the southern blue, proudly stands our Alma Mater
NOBLE, GRAND, and TRUE.
TO THE HILL!

Pat Coleman

Folks, just a reminder that Kickoff '18 goes live tomorrow! Register now if you haven't already!
http://www.d3football.com/notables/2018/06/order-kickoff-2018-now
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

hasanova

Quote from: Hawks88 on August 07, 2018, 10:14:08 PM
Huntingdon had over 140 report today including 76 returning players. Practice starts tomorrow.
Now I begin the process of refreshing the roster web page about a zillion times a day until the new one is posted. ;)

Go Hawks!
Hawks88, are you making the September 1 trip to Guilford?  Let me know your plans.

Scots13

We have some interesting Week 1 match ups in the USAC this year. Not many that are going to end favorably for the USAC or be an ESPN Instant Classic, but interesting nonetheless.

-Thomas More @ NCWC. I'd say NCWC is less of an underdog in Week 1 2018 than Week 1 2017. What's TMC going to do in their D3 swan song?
-Apprentice @ Greensboro. Not exactly clash of the titans, but can GC avenge a 39-7 Week 1 loss from last year?
-Shenandoah @ Methodist. I thought Methodist would be a program on the up-and-up a few years ago. Not so.  I don't think this will be pretty. Shenandoah has a gunslinger of a QB and averaged 40 points a game last year...
-HSC @ Averett. Is Averett as good as I think they might be this year? HSC isn't the HSC of old, but they aren't going to Danville to roll over.
-Brevard @ Davidson. Is Brevard as good as forecasted in Kickoff, or as middle of the road as the USAC coaches poll?  Can they get closer than a 24-pt loss to a FCS non-scholarship this year?
-LaGrange @ Birmingham-Southern. I feel like LaGrange is a team that could very easily turn it around and start competing for the title every year. Hard to do that with the carousel in the front office.  Congrats to Coach Chambers for a head coaching gig...sorry it came around a few weeks before the season. 
-Huntingdon @ Guilford. HC makes the trip this year. Surprised me a bit with last year's score and the way the season turned out for the Hawks and Quakers. It's hard to bet against Papa Turk. I think HC gets it done this year.
-Maryville @ Berry. To paraphrase Kickoff: did Berry build a good team or good program?  Personally, I think Berry will continue being one of the tougher teams in the region. Facilities and location are top-notch for a football program. Don't believe me? Take a trip. The close Week 1 loss last year put MC in a funk they never got out of. Here's to a better outcome in '18.

NOBLE, GRAND, and TRUE.
TO THE HILL!

Hawks88

Quote from: hasanova on August 13, 2018, 10:35:51 PM
Quote from: Hawks88 on August 07, 2018, 10:14:08 PM

Go Hawks!
Hawks88, are you making the September 1 trip to Guilford?  Let me know your plans.
We're still coming. I've got a room booked but that is about as far as my planning has gotten right now.