FB: Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

10Freeway

You live by the transfer, you die by the transfer.  Interesting to see if the Regals can get them to buy in.
When the legend becomes fact, print the legend-
  The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence

OxyBob

D O.C.

Gray Fox

Fierce When Roused

olddog

California, Where no cares who is in charge and zero accountability

10Freeway

When the legend becomes fact, print the legend-
  The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence

olddog

Quote from: OxyBob on August 18, 2018, 08:59:51 PM
Jaime Hoffman out as Oxy AD.

OxyBob

Wonder how big of check they will write, due to hostile work environment?

D O.C.

That's quite a precedent.
Create a hostile environment and then sue over it.

olddog

Quote from: D O.C. on August 20, 2018, 03:30:27 PM
That's quite a precedent.
Create a hostile environment and then sue over it.
'

I have no doubt they wrote a check...for her to leave. It's "progressive" CA....

OCguy

Well she hasn't been at work for a few MONTHS so i can't say this is a surprise. Good move by Oxy. The future is bright!

reality check

Quote from: Hemingway13 on August 11, 2018, 01:38:58 AM
'Kickoff 2018' has delivered a lucid in-depth analysis of each SCIAC team, yet again!
Highlights are the prediction that the SCIAC champion won't go undefeated in conference games and the ranking of SCIAC at #22 out of 27 conferences.

Team rankings are as follows:

Redlands 61
Cal Lutheran 78
Pomona Pitzer 113
Chapman 119
CMC 128
La Verne 157
Whittier 217
Oxy 238

Tipping my hat to Pat and his team! Purchasing 'Kickoff' is such a cool way to say "muchas gracias" for D3football.com providing us this SCIAC Board with so many interesting commentators whose viewpoints I'd never get to hear otherwise. 😎

I don't get on the boards much anymore because I am so busy myself but thank you as I am the writer for the SCIAC and have been doing so for the last 8-10 years (I can't even keep track anymore). 

I do my best to get the information our readers desire and try my best to get "great" answers from the SCIAC coaches.  I definitely put a lot of time into writing the capsules and hope to do a good job.  Predicting records is my least favorite part of the process.  It seems like there is more movement within the SCIAC than there are with many D-III conferences year over year.  It's definitely a challenge.
OAC Champs: 1942 (one title ties us with Ohio State)
OAC Runners-Up: 2017, 2016, 2015, 2010, 2009, 2005, 2004, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1982, 1941 (Stupid Mount Union!)
MOL Champs: 1952, 1950

reality check

Got to visit CLU Friday when my boys came out west for a game at a nearby high school.  The facilities were impressive.  That leaves me with Chapman, Whittier and LaVerne as the only schools I haven't toured/visited.  The coaches were very hospitable and I had a great time on campus.  Look forward to my next trip to Cali.
OAC Champs: 1942 (one title ties us with Ohio State)
OAC Runners-Up: 2017, 2016, 2015, 2010, 2009, 2005, 2004, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1982, 1941 (Stupid Mount Union!)
MOL Champs: 1952, 1950

olddog

Quote from: reality check on August 20, 2018, 05:02:39 PM
Quote from: Hemingway13 on August 11, 2018, 01:38:58 AM
'Kickoff 2018' has delivered a lucid in-depth analysis of each SCIAC team, yet again!
Highlights are the prediction that the SCIAC champion won't go undefeated in conference games and the ranking of SCIAC at #22 out of 27 conferences.

Team rankings are as follows:

Redlands 61
Cal Lutheran 78
Pomona Pitzer 113
Chapman 119
CMC 128
La Verne 157
Whittier 217
Oxy 238

Tipping my hat to Pat and his team! Purchasing 'Kickoff' is such a cool way to say "muchas gracias" for D3football.com providing us this SCIAC Board with so many interesting commentators whose viewpoints I'd never get to hear otherwise. 😎

I don't get on the boards much anymore because I am so busy myself but thank you as I am the writer for the SCIAC and have been doing so for the last 8-10 years (I can't even keep track anymore). 

I do my best to get the information our readers desire and try my best to get "great" answers from the SCIAC coaches.  I definitely put a lot of time into writing the capsules and hope to do a good job.  Predicting records is my least favorite part of the process.  It seems like there is more movement within the SCIAC than there are with many D-III conferences year over year.  It's definitely a challenge.

Reality,

You do a good job year in and year out. My only comment this year is PP being ranked higher than CU. CU gets some good players just due to the campus environment. It is really expensive but they have many players on near full aid packages. As you know the last 10 years UR has been in the hunt every year except one.
Why CLU has not been consistent is the real question, Coach Mac was talking dynasty and titles for a while, maybe one D1 QB and NFL player carried him. LV had one good year with a RB that wanted to and could not get into UR. CMS and PP are doing their best to get better but will never have the depth. LV is the sleeping tiger due to admissions. Keep up the good work.

DawgsOT57

Quote from: OxyBob on August 18, 2018, 08:59:51 PM
Jaime Hoffman out as Oxy AD.

OxyBob

Don't let the door hit ya where the Lord split ya!