Press coverage (Articles about D3 players or D3 in general)

Started by K-Mack, February 12, 2007, 07:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Turner

Quote from: K-Mack on June 19, 2007, 12:41:42 AM
The New York Times is reporting that Salem has been awarded the Stagg Bowl for 2008-09.
"All the news that is fit to print."  ;)

D3football.com scooped them again.

K-Mack

Quote from: Ralph Turner on June 19, 2007, 01:01:38 AM
Quote from: K-Mack on June 19, 2007, 12:41:42 AM
The New York Times is reporting that Salem has been awarded the Stagg Bowl for 2008-09.
"All the news that is fit to print."  ;)

D3football.com scooped them again.

Try to stay with me here, Ralph.
Former author, Around the Nation ('01-'13)
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Voter, Top 25/Play of the Week/Gagliardi Trophy/Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year
Nastradamus, Triple Take
and one of the two voices behind the sonic #d3fb nerdery that is the ATN Podcast.

Pat Coleman

I always knew hiring Jayson Blair was going to put us over the top.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

K-Mack

So this is neither football news, nor good news ... it does have a D3 link sadly, and since it's not the first story on the matter, I'm probably way behind the folks in Wisconsin.

That said, I share links to anything D3-related anyway, for those of you who are interested.

DRINKING STAKES HIGH

Managing Editor, Kickoff
Voter, Top 25/Play of the Week/Gagliardi Trophy/Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year
Nastradamus, Triple Take
and one of the two voices behind the sonic #d3fb nerdery that is the ATN Podcast.

K-Mack

Managing Editor, Kickoff
Nastradamus, Triple Take

gordonmann

Fun story on the Williams/Amherst rivalry.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=2945751

I particularly enjoyed the Rubber Chicken story.

K-Mack

Managing Editor, Kickoff
Nastradamus, Triple Take

gordonmann

And for those who follow Division III hoops, here's a similar piece that was to be expected...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=2948245

K-Mack

Quote from: gordonmann on July 31, 2007, 10:11:07 PM
And for those who follow Division III hoops, here's a similar piece that was to be expected...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=2948245

Some nice detail, but I'm barely a fourth of the way in and I'm already nitpicking:

QuoteMichigan Intercollegiate Athletic Conference, the nation's oldest collegiate conference. They have met seven times in the MIAA tournament

QuoteHope's Steven Kratz and Calvin's JoshMeckes are just two of hundreds of player's to experience the storied rivalry.
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Nastradamus, Triple Take

K-Mack

These articles may or may not have been posted elsewhere on the site or boards lately, I'm just sharing every link I stumble across as I Google-search for something else, in case it hasn't been posted or someone missed the other place it was discussed:

St. Vincent ready to play football, Pittsburgh Live (Bridgewater fans should love the Colbert update)

Three's Company, Newsweek/MSNBC.com
Liz Hoffman explains the crisis threatening the NCAA's largest division, and what might come next.

(surely this has been on the Division III/IV thread on General Issues)

Will post more as I see them.
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Nastradamus, Triple Take

ADL70

Ironic that Colbert is also listed as a former Gallaudet HC (also new this year and StV's first game).
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

voice

At WIAC Football Media Day in Madison, Wisconsin on Tuesday, it was announced that the conference will have a "WIAC Game of the Week" televised statewide via Fox Sports Wisconsin. The games are produced by "When We Were Young Productions" headquartered in Madison.  The games are aired on a delayed basis.  According to WIAC Commissioner Gary Karner, this is the only D3 agreement in the nation to telecast a full schedule of regular season games on a state-wide basis.

Sakman 1111

That is awesome Voice. I hope we can pick up the WIAC games in Illinois like we were able to last year on I believe Fox Sports North......

PA_wesleyfan

Football !!! The ultimate team sport. Anyone who plays DIII football is a winner...

BoBo

I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
"WHAT THE HELL, LET'S SEE
WHAT HAPPENS."