WBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NEPAFAN

since we are doing potpourri here, Dean Corwin was calling the baseball game today. New field, video and play by play...whats next?
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

ronk

Financial contributors get to throw the honorary 1st pitch?

sp0rtsfan

On the subject of contributions, I'll be heading to Allentown Pa. in June to attend the Coach Strong / PJ Carlesimo event. Anyone else ?

ronk

I consider it every year but haven't pulled the trigger, yet. I'm more likely to attend this year than before because of the honoree. I'll let u know if I'll go - probably, an early June decision.

Rofrog

The long center is looking nice.Bleacher out new paint on the ceilings looks good.

Tim the Enchanter

Hi, I introduced myself on the men' site:  I'm a longtime reader of these posts and alumnus of Scranton.

Knowing that things change between now and the fall, is there any word on recruits?  I am aware of two Philly-area players who have committed to "da U"...

ronk

There is also at least 1 local - Erin Worzel from Wallenpaupack; there's thought to be 1 other local and 1 commit(in February) from out of the area but I haven't seen anything official about those 2, yet.

sp0rtsfan

Will be heading to Bethlehem Pa., on Monday, for the Carlesimo Dinner, Coach Strong Event. I'm hoping a few '76 Rock'n Roll Royals show up.

ronk

Quote from: sp0rtsfan on June 15, 2018, 12:34:08 PM
Will be heading to Bethlehem Pa., on Monday, for the Carlesimo Dinner, Coach Strong Event. I'm hoping a few '76 Rock'n Roll Royals show up.

Nepafan and I will be there, also; c u then.

sp0rtsfan

It was a good time at the Coach Strong event. Was also glad to see Edzo, Joe. C. and Eddie B. from the '76 team.

To Ronk and Nepafan:   I should have made a better effort to meet up with you guys. Perhaps at the Long Center during the upcoming season.

saratoga

A good portion of the Lady Royal's schedule is now up.

mailsy

Cabrini head coach and Scranton alum, Kate Pearson was honored at the inaugural Philadelphia's Greatest Women Athletes and Coaches Awards Ceremony.

https://cabriniathletics.com/news/2018/8/20/basketball-women-pearson-honored-among-philadelphias-greatest.aspx
Cabrini Cavaliers 2012 National Runner-Up.
First official poster on the Atlantic East forum board.

Tim the Enchanter

It hasn't been officially posted yet, but it looks like there will be 7 new faces on the Lady Royals roster this year:  the five already mentioned plus two from Long Island (one freshman, one transfer).  Three veterans appear to not be returning...

ronk

WRT the Long Island 2, I've only seen the xfer play for a few minutes 2 years ago(not enough for a meaningful evaluation), but a couple  of L I AAU coaches spoke well of them in July.

ronk

My preseason forecast;

Only Catholic and Scranton had any recognizable(to me) incoming frosh; Juniata(Morgan Anstone) and E-town(Abby Beyer,Ashley Reynolds) were missing returning starters from their rosters

1. Scranton
2. Moravian,Catholic tie
4. Drew
5. E-town
6. Juniata
7. Susquehanna
8. Goucher