FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluenote

I was really impressed by the size of the NCC players. I personally thought we were going to get manhandled. But it turned out the other way. .... ::)

NCF

Quote from: Bluenote on February 18, 2013, 01:07:24 AM
I was really impressed by the size of the NCC players. I personally thought we were going to get manhandled. But it turned out the other way. .... ::)
Yea, turnovers kill
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13
CCIW  MEN"S INDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: TOTAL DOMINATION SINCE 2001.
CCIW MEN'S OUTDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: 35
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: INDOOR TRACK-'89,'10,'11,'12/OUTDOOR TRACK: '89,'94,'98,'00,'10,'11
2013 OAC post season pick-em tri-champion
2015 CCIW Pick-em co-champion

Langhorst_Ghost

Good article from EC's Award-Winning Student Newspaper on the coaching transition for the 'Jays:

http://ecleader.org/2013/02/18/ec-football-makes-coaching-changes-after-best-season-in-history/

Here's what Coach Adam had to say about his brand of football: "My philosophy is to control the line of scrimmage and be a nasty team to play against on offense and defense.  I want teams to remember when they come to our house, Langhorst Field, that it's going to be a physical battle and it's going to be a difficult environment to be successful."
It's a Great Day to be a Jay!

79jaybird

"My philosophy is to control the line of scrimmage and be a nasty team to play against on offense and defense.  I want teams to remember when they come to our house, Langhorst Field, that it's going to be a physical battle and it's going to be a difficult environment to be successful."

**Let's hope Joe can make this happen because I was told the same things by Krohn and Journell in pregame interviews for many years.  I'm hopeful the Jays the can pick up where Timmy left off, but history shows coaching changes often have a 1-2 yr drop until the team learns the new regime.
VOICE OF THE BLUEJAYS '01-'10
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS 1978 1980 2012
CCIW BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS 2001
2022 BASKETBALL NATIONAL RUNNER UP
2018 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION

79jaybird

BTW- L-Ghost- Why is your karma so low?  I gave you a point to try and boost you up a bit.
VOICE OF THE BLUEJAYS '01-'10
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS 1978 1980 2012
CCIW BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS 2001
2022 BASKETBALL NATIONAL RUNNER UP
2018 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION

Langhorst_Ghost

Well-Done Montage asking future Bluejays how high they will "Raise the Bar" -

http://footballscoop.com/news/8947-video-raising-the-bar-at-elmhurst-college

Championship Ring reveal ceremony and Gagliardi Trophy/Championship Banner Celebration -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNsXcVXO0lA

New Tradition

Quote from: Langhorst_Ghost on February 21, 2013, 12:10:35 PM

Championship Ring reveal ceremony and Gagliardi Trophy/Championship Banner Celebration -

Couldn't find any highlights vs. the Cards?   ;D :D ;) ::)

In all seriousness, pretty cool vid.
I am a NATIONAL Champion, and I refuse to lose!

2015 CCIW Pickem Champ
2015 WIAC Playoff Pickem Champ

NCF

Quote from: New Tradition on February 21, 2013, 12:41:04 PM
Quote from: Langhorst_Ghost on February 21, 2013, 12:10:35 PM

Couldn't find any highlights vs. the Cards?   ;D :D ;) ::)In all seriousness, pretty cool vid.

LOL ;D
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: INDOOR TRACK-'89,'10,'11,'12/OUTDOOR TRACK: '89,'94,'98,'00,'10,'11

Langhorst_Ghost

Yeah...not a whole lot of highlights in the ol' EC film archives from that September 29th Saturday night, that's for sure.

NT - i do also like the "Hard Knocks" clips that the Red Birds put together last year - good stuff. 

In D3, you definitely have to get creative with some of the promotional/recruiting tools - both the birds seem to be putting together some cool things!

NCF

Quote from: Langhorst_Ghost on February 21, 2013, 12:54:05 PM

Yeah...not a whole lot of highlights in the ol' EC film archives from that September 29th Saturday night, that's for sure.

NT - i do also like the "Hard Knocks" clips that the Red Birds put together last year - good stuff. 

In D3, you definitely have to get creative with some of the promotional/recruiting tools - both the birds seem to be putting together some cool things!

Now that's one thing I am not a fan of at all.

New Tradition

Hard knocks clips?  Don't think I'm familiar. 

And you're absolutely right.  I think both birds stay in the positive direction this year.  Just talked with Joe Adam at a clinic and he's a sharp dude.  Having been a massive part of the program during the turn around, I'm sure he'll keep them headed in their current direction.
I am a NATIONAL Champion, and I refuse to lose!

2015 CCIW Pickem Champ
2015 WIAC Playoff Pickem Champ

NCF

Langhorst_Ghost

Quote from: New Tradition on February 21, 2013, 02:41:53 PM
And you're absolutely right.  I think both birds stay in the positive direction this year.  Just talked with Joe Adam at a clinic and he's a sharp dude.  Having been a massive part of the program during the turn around, I'm sure he'll keep them headed in their current direction.

Totally agree with you on Joe, he has been a HUGE part of this program's rising profile and a pivotal piece in recruiting the talent that lead EC to a top 10 National finish.  He has the pedigree and the football savvy to keep this train rolling.  Plus, he is a great dude, the kids love playing for him.

While the hill back to the top of the CCIW will definitely be pretty steep from Langhorst Field in 2013, my level of optimism is still very high for these Jays.  Senior leadership will be missed, but really good programs are developed over time and reload year after year (see NCC) - that's how this Bluejay program has been built under the Lester model (and then recruiting coordinator Joe Adam).  EC loses some special players (including the Nation's BEST player) - but a sturdy playoff program hands the reins to the next in line and  trusts their developing young talent to take the next step - that's the nature of college sports.

That emotional high from the 2012 success has not subsided, if anything, it has strengthened during this recruiting season.  The level of talent in this year's group of potential incoming Jays is incredible - great players are attracted to great programs and successful seasons (again, see NCC).  Time will tell what 2013 holds for these Jays as they look to maintain momentum and continue to build this program into an perennial playoff contender.

NCF

Quote from: Langhorst_Ghost on February 21, 2013, 05:00:04 PM
Quote from: New Tradition on February 21, 2013, 02:41:53 PM

Totally agree with you on Joe, he has been a HUGE part of this program's rising profile and a pivotal piece in recruiting the talent that lead EC to a top 10 National finish.  He has the pedigree and the football savvy to keep this train rolling.  Plus, he is a great dude, the kids love playing for him.

While the hill back to the top of the CCIW will definitely be pretty steep from Langhorst Field in 2013, my level of optimism is still very high for these Jays.  Senior leadership will be missed, but really good programs are developed over time and reload year after year (see NCC) - that's how this Bluejay program has been built under the Lester model (and then recruiting coordinator Joe Adam).  EC loses some special players (including the Nation's BEST player) - but a sturdy playoff program hands the reins to the next in line and  trusts their developing young talent to take the next step - that's the nature of college sports.

That emotional high from the 2012 success has not subsided, if anything, it has strengthened during this recruiting season.  The level of talent in this year's group of potential incoming Jays is incredible - great players are attracted to great programs and successful seasons (again, see NCC).  Time will tell what 2013 holds for these Jays as they look to maintain momentum and continue to build this program into an perennial playoff contender.
Absolutely no doubt you will be the Jays most vocal supporter!! :)

wildcat11

I agree and thanks to the 'Cards for some source material!