MBB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, February 24, 2005, 09:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greek Tragedy

more to come

Saturday

St. Norbert 66 at Eau Claire 55

To my surprise,  the Blugolds hung tough for much of the game, trailing by just two at the break. Things started to unravel around the 9-minute mark with the visitors leading 43-42. Two and a half minutes later, the Green Knights were up 10 and never looked back. No Mau or Hjelter for this game as Kalien lead the the hosts with 23. Kohner added 9 points and 10 rebounds.

Stevens Point 60 at Lawrence 49

Point lead start to finish in the comforable win. They settled for a 26-19 halftime lead after leading by as many as 12 before intermission. The Vikings did get Point's lead down to 3 with just under 10 minutes to go, but the visitors went on a nice run to build their lead into double-digits and cruised from there. Another balanced attack creayed four players with 10 or more points. Jordan Lutz and 15 points and 7 rebounds to lead the way. Richard (7 rebounds) and Pelkofer each had 14 and Ryf added 11 and 7 with 4 assists and 2 steals.

River Falls 74 at Viterbo 75

A back and forth game ended with the V-Hawks hitting a basket with 2 seconds left for the win. A crazy first half staryed with Viterbo running out to a quick 16-6 lead. The Falcons turned the table and answered witha huge run to take their own 12-point lead at 33-21. Viterbo stormed back to cit the lead to 1 at the break. In the 2nd half, River Falls held their lead for 15+ minutes before regaining it with just 27 seconds to go with 2 free throws by Erickson.  Unfortunately,  the Falcons couldn't hang on for the road win. Christensen had 19 and 9, while Goodwin added 14 and 4. Erickson had a nice line of 9 points,  3 assists and 6 steals.

Platteville 68 at Loras 51

The Pioneers built a 36-23 halftime lead and maintained a double-digit lead throughout the 2nd half en route to the comforable win. Stocki had 23 points and 3 blocks, while Manning had 14 and 9 rebounds and Vaassen chipped in with 12 points,  10 boards and and 4 assists. Boston Johnson added 9 points,  7 rebounds and 7 assists.

Monday

Oshkosh 59 at North Park 84

As mentioned by the site's resident North Park representative, Gregory Sager, Oshkosh got blown out south of the border. It was 39 all at the break, after being down by 11 early. The wheels fell off as the Titans shot just 5 of 25 (0-12 from 3) in the 2nd half. Alex Olson came off the bench to lead Oshkosh with 15. Mueller had 11 and 7.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Greek Tragedy

Friday
Kalamazoo vs River Falls (at Whitewater)
Monmouth at Whitewater
Alma at Oshkosh

Saturday
Calvin at Oshkosh
Stout at Northwestern (MN)
Bethel at La Crosse
Stevens Point at St. Thomas
Monmouth vs River Falls (at Whitewater)
Kalamazoo at Whitewater
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Greek Tragedy

http://www.d3hoops.com/top25/men/2014-15/week4

New poll is out.

Whitewater drops to #3

Pointnup one spot to 20

No other WIAC teams received votes.

Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

havej

Meant to post this earlier - last Wednesday as I was checking out the WIAC action either by video or live stats, I noticed that the LAX - RF contest had a fee of $8 to watch.  All other games I was able to watch with no charge.

Any reason that the one game had a cost to watch?

Just Bill

Quote from: havej on December 16, 2014, 03:12:31 PM
Meant to post this earlier - last Wednesday as I was checking out the WIAC action either by video or live stats, I noticed that the LAX - RF contest had a fee of $8 to watch.  All other games I was able to watch with no charge.

Discretion of the host school on what company they work with and what kind of service they choose to offer. It's not a conference-wide thing.
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

badgerwarhawk

Does Oshkosh charge for their broadcasts?  For some reason I'm thinking that they do or they have in the past.
"Just think twice is my only advice."

havej

BW - Oshkosh definitely charges, but I believe they were at Platteville last Wednesday, who broadcasts at no charge.

Would be interesting to find out how many paid for the LAX - RF game.  And it appears that LAX is now charging as well - first year for that.

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: havej on December 16, 2014, 04:30:07 PM
BW - Oshkosh definitely charges, but I believe they were at Platteville last Wednesday, who broadcasts at no charge.

Would be interesting to find out how many paid for the LAX - RF game.  And it appears that LAX is now charging as well - first year for that.

The money to pay the athletes has to come from somewhere.  ??? ;D :)
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

havej

fredfalcon

Quote from: havej on December 16, 2014, 03:12:31 PM

I watched Lax/RF and paid nothing. It may matter from where you access the game, WIAC site or home team site, but i doubt it. However, I did pay 8 bucks to watch the last 5 minutes of WW/RF football game.
WORLD'S OLDEST FALCON FAN.

MESSAGE TO RECRUITS:  IN DOUBT? ENROLL AT STOUT. DON'T CARE? GO TO EAU CLAIRE. AT A LOSS? TRY LACROSSE. FEELIN' OUTTA JOINT? YOUR PLACE IS POINT. DON'T LIKE THE REST? DO WHAT'S BEST!

GOT BALLS? PLAY FOR THE FALLS!

fredfalcon

I sit corrected. I'm confused, a rare state of mind for me, of course.  ;D

I watched RF/Viterbo, not Rf/Lax free. Maybe it's just WIAC games that cost $.

MESSAGE TO RECRUITS:  IN DOUBT? ENROLL AT STOUT. DON'T CARE? GO TO EAU CLAIRE. AT A LOSS? TRY LACROSSE. FEELIN' OUTTA JOINT? YOUR PLACE IS POINT. DON'T LIKE THE REST? DO WHAT'S BEST!

fredfalcon

RF loses to Kalamazoo College 63-60 in front of a "raucous" crowd of 50. Deppe, Pearson, Christensen lead Falcons w/ 14, 11, 10 respectively.

AppletonRocks

Titans over Alma 62-56.  Calvin today.  It's MIAC week as Alma goes to Ripon.  Calvin lost to Ripon Friday as Ty Sabin went off for 38. 

Run the floor or Run DMC !!

2016 WIAC Pick 'Em Board Champion

realist

Quote from: AppletonRocks on December 20, 2014, 11:25:33 AM
Titans over Alma 62-56.  Calvin today.  It's MIAC  week as Alma goes to Ripon.  Calvin lost to Ripon Friday as Ty Sabin went off for 38.
Note.  It is MIAA week.  Calvin, Alma, Olivet, Albion, Adrian, Hope, Trine and Kalamazoo make up the MIAA.  The oldest athletic conference in the US.
"If you are catching flack it means you are over the target".  Brietbart.

badgerwarhawk

WARHAWKS: 74
Monmouth: 54

Monmouth jumped out to an 11-2 lead in the game's first three minutes but the WARHAWKS took the lead for good 20-18 when KJ Evans scored on a layup with eight and half minutes remaining in the half.  Xzavier Moananu's pair of free throws closed out the scoring and the WARHAWKS led 31-24 when the half ended.  With the first five points of the second half the WARHAWKS took their first double digit lead.  Monmouth would get to within nine early in the second half but that's as close as it would get in the game's final seventeen minutes.

Quardell Young: 17 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 block, 1 steal
KJ Evans: 15 points, 8 rebounds
Steve Egan: 10 points, 2 blocks
"Just think twice is my only advice."