WBB: Little East

Started by Allen M. Karon, March 09, 2004, 03:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllStar

7express

You know the conference sucks when Plymouth wins the 5th seed on a tiebreaker!  Good grief!  None of the quarterfinal games will be close, wake me up on Friday in time for the Keene/Dartmouth game!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Ran out of time today to get this out before the show started, but taking care if it now while I have the opportunity (during the show).

The time is now. Teams who want or think they should be playing in March need to get the job done now. This week all conferences, except the UAA, will dive into conference tournaments to determine who will win an automatic bid to the NCAA Championship Tournament. For those who can't win the AQ, then they have to make sure to present the best resume possible to the national committees and that means taking care of business the best they can.

Who is in and who is out? We will figure that out over the course of next week and on next week's Hoopsville Special. In the meantime on tonight's Hoopsville, Dave McHugh talks to a few teams who are looking to position themselves to be in the conversation. We also preview many of the conference races and look at who may already be in trouble when it comes to playing basketball in March.

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio starting LIVE at 7:00 PM ET. You can watch the show in the video player above or via the simulcast on Facebook Live. If you missed the show, you can catch up On Demand in the video player or listen to the podcasts located to the right (available after the show is off the air).

A reminder the Sunday edition of Hoopsville primarily covers the Northeast, Atlantic, South, and Central regions, but we will answer any questions about all of Division III throughout the show. You can also send your questions to the show and have them featured on the Hoopsville Mailbag segment. Email them to hoopsville@d3hoops.com.

And please consider helping Hoopsville stay on the air like you might help your public television station. The annual fundraising campaign has less than three weeks remaining, but we are no where close to reaching our goal. Click here for more information:  Hoopsville Fundraising Page

Guests scheduled (in order of appearance):
- Mia Smith, Illinois Wesleyan women's coach
- Stan Bonewitz, Concordia (Texas) men's coach
- Matt Ducharme, Mass-Dartmouth women's coach
- Andrea Kendall, Randolph women's coach (WBCA Center Court)
- Tim McDonald, Cabrini men's coach

You can also tune into the podcast(s) after the show has aired:
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/hoopsville/id1059517087

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville
Fundraiser: https://igg.me/at/hoopsville-fundraiser-2017

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

ECSUalum

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on February 19, 2017, 08:22:11 PM
Ran out of time today to get this out before the show started, but taking care if it now while I have the opportunity (during the show).

The time is now. Teams who want or think they should be playing in March need to get the job done now. This week all conferences, except the UAA, will dive into conference tournaments to determine who will win an automatic bid to the NCAA Championship Tournament. For those who can't win the AQ, then they have to make sure to present the best resume possible to the national committees and that means taking care of business the best they can.

Who is in and who is out? We will figure that out over the course of next week and on next week's Hoopsville Special. In the meantime on tonight's Hoopsville, Dave McHugh talks to a few teams who are looking to position themselves to be in the conversation. We also preview many of the conference races and look at who may already be in trouble when it comes to playing basketball in March.

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio starting LIVE at 7:00 PM ET. You can watch the show in the video player above or via the simulcast on Facebook Live. If you missed the show, you can catch up On Demand in the video player or listen to the podcasts located to the right (available after the show is off the air).

A reminder the Sunday edition of Hoopsville primarily covers the Northeast, Atlantic, South, and Central regions, but we will answer any questions about all of Division III throughout the show. You can also send your questions to the show and have them featured on the Hoopsville Mailbag segment. Email them to hoopsville@d3hoops.com.

And please consider helping Hoopsville stay on the air like you might help your public television station. The annual fundraising campaign has less than three weeks remaining, but we are no where close to reaching our goal. Click here for more information:  Hoopsville Fundraising Page

Dave, Thanks for all your, (and your staffs), hard work on putting together Hoopsville !!!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: ECSUalum on February 20, 2017, 12:01:59 PM
Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on February 19, 2017, 08:22:11 PM

Dave, Thanks for all your, (and your staffs), hard work on putting together Hoopsville !!!

Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate it. I will pass it along to the staff - me. LOL I'm kidding. The D3hoops guys also help out especially as a wall for me to bounce ideas off of.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

AllStar

I echo ECSUalum.  Tremendous coverage of D3, Dave!

AllStar

AllStar

7express

Dartmouth is officially out after that semifinal loss.  Keene is likely still out too.  Depending on what happened in other conferences today Eastern may make it with a loss. 

ECSUalum

Congrats to the Keene St Women on their 2016/17 LEC Tournament Championship!! Stefanie D'Annolfo was outstanding and the Keene women were definitely the better team!!

7express

Quote from: ECSUalum on February 26, 2017, 04:05:34 PM
Congrats to the Keene St Women on their 2016/17 LEC Tournament Championship!! Stefanie D'Annolfo was outstanding and the Keene women were definitely the better team!!

After the first couple minutes at least.  Congrats to Keene, every time I thought Eastern was going to make a run, Keene came up with a basket from Petrow off a feed from D'Annolfo, a D'Annolfo basket or a Sandi Purcell 3 pointer to basically keep the Warriors at bay around 8 points.  Freshmen Mya Villard had a huge game, leading Eastern with 20 points (15 after halftime) and keeping them in the game.  Kelly Reardon finished with 14, but of those 14, 9 came in the first half, and of the 9 first half points, 6 were in the first quarter when she scored 6 of Eastern's 8 points.  So really, you only basically had for Eastern a first half shooter (Reardon) and a second half post presence (Villard) and then got almost nothing else from the rest of the team.  Jordyn Nappi almost had as many offense fouls called against her as made field goals.  Keene meanwhile had two 20 point scorers in D'Annolfo & Purcell (21 & 23 respectively) who were each efficient in both halves of play which ultimately, in my opinion, was the difference: Of D'Annolfo's points she scored 9 in the first half, 12 in the second, Purcell had 10 first half points and 13 second half points.  It's going to be a long night & morning for Eastern as they await their tournament fate.

AllStar

Congratulations to Coach Boucher and his team!

7express

Quote from: 7express on February 26, 2017, 07:47:32 PM
Quote from: ECSUalum on February 26, 2017, 04:05:34 PM

After the first couple minutes at least.  Congrats to Keene, every time I thought Eastern was going to make a run, Keene came up with a basket from Petrow off a feed from D'Annolfo, a D'Annolfo basket or a Sandi Purcell 3 pointer to basically keep the Warriors at bay around 8 points.  Freshmen Mya Villard had a huge game, leading Eastern with 20 points (15 after halftime) and keeping them in the game.  Kelly Reardon finished with 14, but of those 14, 9 came in the first half, and of the 9 first half points, 6 were in the first quarter when she scored 6 of Eastern's 8 points.  So really, you only basically had for Eastern a first half shooter (Reardon) and a second half post presence (Villard) and then got almost nothing else from the rest of the team.  Jordyn Nappi almost had as many offense fouls called against her as made field goals.  Keene meanwhile had two 20 point scorers in D'Annolfo & Purcell (21 & 23 respectively) who were each efficient in both halves of play which ultimately, in my opinion, was the difference: Of D'Annolfo's points she scored 9 in the first half, 12 in the second, Purcell had 10 first half points and 13 second half points.  It's going to be a long night & morning for Eastern as they await their tournament fate.

Also in that game Purcell scored her 1,000th career point.  Talk about putting icing on the cake!

ECSUalum

ECSU Women make the big dance and will play SUNY Polytechnic Institute!  Congrats to the Women Warriors!!

AllStar

Quote from: ECSUalum on February 27, 2017, 03:02:02 PM
ECSU Women make the big dance and will play SUNY Polytechnic Institute!  Congrats to the Women Warriors!!

Good luck in the tournament!