Around the Nation board

Started by Pat Coleman, September 22, 2005, 03:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redswarm81

Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 02, 2008, 09:29:21 PM
There is a Daily Dose board -- I mean, the Daily Dose itself is a board.

I've had difficulty in the past registering for the Daily Dose board.  I suppose it's time to try again.
Irritating SAT-lagging Union undergrads and alums since 1977

Pat Coleman

Daily Dose is the easiest one -- no confirmation required. Just provide a real e-mail address. That address doesn't even go public.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

K-Mack

Quote from: allsky7 on October 30, 2008, 06:03:38 AM
      Keith.....great ATN this week. Not sure I should admit this around this crowd but actually had tears in my eyes before I finished. Winning is great but I suspect that isn't what's most important to most folks 20 or 30 years after the fact. It's the friendships and common bonds created and life lessons learned along the way.
      My Dad and I discuss all the time that if our government were run in the same manner as a successful football team.....we wouldn't be in this mess we are in now.  I bet Jo Pa could straighten out DC in no time.  ;D

+1 k, my man.

And thanks to you and MuleDaddy for the kudos. It's always best to know what you write matters to someone.
Former author, Around the Nation ('01-'13)
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Voter, Top 25/Play of the Week/Gagliardi Trophy/Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year
Nastradamus, Triple Take
and one of the two voices behind the sonic #d3fb nerdery that is the ATN Podcast.

K-Mack

Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 02, 2008, 09:41:30 PMDaily Dose is the easiest one -- no confirmation required. Just provide a real e-mail address. That address doesn't even go public.

I've had trouble signing in before even though I know my password is good.

Usually I switch browsers and the other one works.
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Voter, Top 25/Play of the Week/Gagliardi Trophy/Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year
Nastradamus, Triple Take
and one of the two voices behind the sonic #d3fb nerdery that is the ATN Podcast.

K-Mack

If I ever get around to starting that famous D3 alum thread, former Heat GM Randy Pfund was a Wheaton guy.
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Nastradamus, Triple Take

K-Mack

ATN updated with Rivalry Watch, Five Games to Watch and those guys.

Pretty sure it's been up for less than an hour, but in case you were one of the first to read it AND you also happen to surf over here ... I felt like sharing :)
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Nastradamus, Triple Take

d-train

Keith,

Oxy clinches the SCIAC with one more win (either this week or next). Wartburg does not clinch the IIAC, even if they win out. They need help in the form of a Buena Vista loss (to Central this week?).

K-Mack

Quote from: d-train on November 06, 2008, 02:17:10 PM
Keith,

Oxy clinches the SCIAC with one more win (either this week or next). Wartburg does not clinch the IIAC, even if they win out. They need help in the form of a Buena Vista loss (to Central this week?).

Yeah, you're right. I don't even remember writing the IIAC one, so I have no idea what I was thinking at what time of night.

Oxy I just glazed over the fact that they've already beaten CLU and Redlands. D'oh.

Will fix.
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Nastradamus, Triple Take

Ron Boerger

Wow, that's a lot of D3 media on the CotY selection committee.  Props.

K-Mack

Quote from: Ron Boerger on November 06, 2008, 05:26:50 PM
Wow, that's a lot of D3 media on the CotY selection committee.  Props.

I guess so. But by the same token, who else is gonna do it? :)

We do Division II too, if I recall last year correctly.

On a new topic, I missed hitting 27.6 mil by one:

Quote27600001
D-III fans to this page
since July 7, 1999
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Nastradamus, Triple Take

Ron Boerger

I'm just pleased and surprised that they actually recognize that D3 coaches should be evaluated by a panel that knows D3 football.  Maybe ESPN will come to the same conclusion one day for their Stagg broadcasts  :D

K-Mack

Quote from: Ron Boerger on November 06, 2008, 05:50:33 PM
I'm just pleased and surprised that they actually recognize that D3 coaches should be evaluated by a panel that knows D3 football.  Maybe ESPN will come to the same conclusion one day for their Stagg broadcasts  :D

That'll be the day.
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Nastradamus, Triple Take

ADL70

SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

K-Mack

Quote from: cwru70 on November 06, 2008, 09:48:50 PM
CWRU v CMU is a rivalry game too:

http://www.case.edu/athletics/varsity/sports_men/football/stats/2008/academic%20bowl.htm

I will keep that one in mind in the future. Generally the rivalry games spotlighted go back further than 1986, but if the fervor is there, I'll acknowledge it.

Managing Editor, Kickoff
Nastradamus, Triple Take

jam40jeff

I agree as well...as far as football rivalries go, it is relatively new and not quite like most schools' football rivalries.  But it also is a bigger rivalry than it would appear to outsiders, as the schools have a strong "academic rivalry" due to them both being very well-respected engineering schools and only being 2 hours apart in cities which have one of the biggest pro football rivalries.