SUNYAC 2017

Started by Golden_Fan, May 22, 2017, 11:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bengalsrule

Quote from: Upstatesoc on November 07, 2017, 11:41:33 AM
Surprised SUNYAC got to host three first round sites! Good for them. Too bad, however Messiah has to play on such a lousy football turf surface that Buff State has. Needs to be REPLACED! Buff done a nice job this year, school needs to show some appreciation. Surface should have been changed years ago.

Obviously you haven't seen Coyer field lately. Turf was replaced during off season. Lights were added...new locker rooms too. heck my 96 olds doesnt run  like my 2014 mitsubishi either!!!  Thank GOD.  Wow I never knew that so many folks were familiar with 1300 Elmwood and its assets! Hmm wondering if any other fields are bad and hosting too! I'm glad the NCAA felt the fields were good enough!

Go BENGALS

Mr.Right

Quote from: Bengalsrule on November 08, 2017, 12:33:01 PM
Surprised SUNYAC got to host three first round sites! Good for them. Too bad, however Messiah has to play on such a lousy football turf surface that Buff State has. Needs to be REPLACED! Buff done a nice job this year, school needs to show some appreciation. Surface should have been changed years ago.

Obviously you haven't seen Coyer field lately. Turf was replaced during off season. Lights were added...new locker rooms too. heck my 96 olds doesnt run  like my 2014 mitsubishi either!!!  Thank GOD.  Wow I never knew that so many folks were familiar with 1300 Elmwood and its assets! Hmm wondering if any other fields are bad and hosting too! I'm glad the NCAA felt the fields were good enough!

Go BENGALS

Any links to pics of the facilities..Im kinda lazy but I guess I will just check their website..Thanks for the update

Mr.Right

Looks nice Bengal...Especially that press box with the weather in the 30's this weekend. Looking at the team their GK is 6'2 and their top goalscorer is a transfer from UMASS. Any other transfers? The good news they will have everyone back next year except #10. I am betting they play with an edge with all those upstate kids on the roster. Should be interesting against Hobart.

Saint of Old

http://gocardinalsports.com/news/2017/11/8/longtime-plattsburgh-state-head-mens-soccer-coach-chris-waterbury-announces-retirement.aspx

Waterbury retires.

This man was real class all round!!
A big shame that Cardinals did not dance this year.

He built a great program over 33 years and is retiring just shy of 500 wins.

Don't make coaches like this anymore.

He was a credit to Plattsburgh, SUNYAC, D3 and College soccer overall.

Mr.Right

This is very interesting news. For what he has to work with he has done an incredible job of building that program. 2005 was his most successful season after they defeated Williams in the Elite 8 1-0. Plattsburgh scored a nice goal to open the 2nd Half and then sat compact to fend off Williams. Disappointing game for Williams as if I remember correctly they had a goal called back on a very questionable call. It was the end of a fantastic career for Williams midfielder Josh Bolton. No sour grapes I promise. Anyway, I did not realize Waterbury was near retirement age. I knew he had been at Plattsburgh for a long time but I just figured he was in his early 60's and would go a little longer. To each his own. Congrats on a fine career.

Bengalsrule

Quote from: Mr.Right on November 08, 2017, 01:12:07 PM
Looks nice Bengal...Especially that press box with the weather in the 30's this weekend. Looking at the team their GK is 6'2 and their top goalscorer is a transfer from UMASS. Any other transfers? The good news they will have everyone back next year except #10. I am betting they play with an edge with all those upstate kids on the roster. Should be interesting against Hobart.

Hoping that We can get a seat in that press box tomorrow night with freezing temps in the forecast! Something tells me that the Buff State President ( she has her own box) will have tons of new friends tomorrow! We hope not but with 3 visiting teams ( and thier administrators) the rest of us might be"out in the cold"! Great WARM view from fitness center too!
Give  coach Howell credit. He's had his boys out in the cold and rain , at night, the past 3 days getting his BENGALS ready for a night time NCAA contest!

And yes , the future does look bright at 1300 Elmwood. Just hoping some of it rubs off on our Mens basketball team !

D3soccerwatcher

Go BENGALS

I too thought it a bit odd that the committee is making Messiah travel 5.5 hours each way to play on a turf football field. Glad the field is in good condition though.

Bengalsrule

Quote from: D3soccerwatcher on November 10, 2017, 11:50:55 AM

Go BENGALS

I too thought it a bit odd that the committee is making Messiah travel 5.5 hours each way to play on a turf football field. Glad the field is in good condition though.

In an effort to fully honest with you guys, coach just informed me that our turf could still use some improvements.  "Plays fast"!  However everything is is 1st class and less than 6 months old !

Soccerfan

Being a SUNYAC fan, I am rooting for Buff St this weekend, but you're not being totally honest. "Plays fast' is putting it nicely. Every player I know who has played on the Buff St field says it's terrible. This may prove to be to Buff States advantage, especially against Hobart which plays a lot of games on slow grass fields.

Golden_Fan

Did they put new turf in or is it the same stuff I played on almost 10 years ago? Their updated facilities do look nice!

Upstatesoc

Oneonta (PKs), Cortland Advance. Go Bengals! With your new field!

Bengalsrule

Not looking good. Down 2-0. Hobarts 1st goal was a wicked corner kick.  Something that I've only seen on tv. 2nd half is starting now !

Golden_Fan

Any one see the red card?