D3 Men's Basketball Map

Started by Inkblot, September 19, 2019, 12:15:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkblot

Piggybacking on FCGrizzliesGrad's similar post on the football board.

MAP

As with the football map, each symbol represents a region and each color-symbol combination represents a conference. For the UAA and ACAA I used an airplane icon rather than giving each school the symbol of their region.
Moderator of /r/CFB. https://inkblotsports.com. Twitter: @InkblotSports.

Gregory Sager

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

hopefan

I agree, good work from Inkblot, especially given that he seems to be a football guy, and that he would take the time to complete a basketball map!!!

The ironic thing is I too worked on a similar map, completing it in the summer... believe me, it is a time consuming task, going through every school's site to find the exact location of the gym, then locating it on Google maps... it was fun though, as it gave me a real sense of the geography of every D3hoops school..

I am currently taking my map to a next step... plotting out an imaginary trip by car to see every D3school.. using expected drive times, estimated times for visits, meals etc...that project is on hold now though as I search for schedules to complete the spreadsheet I use during the season...My imaginary trip project won't be completed until next summer.... then if Sager, Greek, and Wupifff want to join me at my starting point in St. Pete Fla, off we go!!!!

Note, On my imaginary trip, I went west from St. Pete (where  live) through the deep south hitting ASC and SCAC schools and some other Southern schools, north up through the SCIAC to the NWC.. then east to catch MIAC and ARC... now in WIAC land... Saturdays and Sundays are off for travelling or R&R.... at day 29, 83 schools visited, 9000 miles driven... obviously as the trip progresses eastward, we'll hit many more schools per day!!!

And retirement is great!!
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

y_jack_lok

Inkblot

Quote from: hopefan on September 19, 2019, 06:12:30 AM
I agree, good work from Inkblot, especially given that he seems to be a football guy, and that he would take the time to complete a basketball map!!!

I'm both a football guy and a basketball guy...
Moderator of /r/CFB. https://inkblotsports.com. Twitter: @InkblotSports.

y_jack_lok

Quote from: y_jack_lok on September 19, 2019, 09:33:47 AM
Wow! Just WOW!!

I mean that in a good way, less the comment be misconstrued.