MBB: NESCAC

Started by cameltime, April 27, 2005, 02:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marty Peretz

Re home win streaks and wash u: pretty sure wash u won 33 in a row during their 3 year run of dominance. Ended up taking 42 of 44  as they won 8 or 9 more after the 33 was snapped.

dman

just want to recognize former williams assistant, and current washington college coach, rob nugent for his efforts in the gettysburg game which is the lead story on the d3hoops homepage.  really classy and touching gesture....

grabtherim

Quote from: dman on February 14, 2012, 09:52:45 AM
just want to recognize former williams assistant, and current washington college coach, rob nugent for his efforts in the gettysburg game which is the lead story on the d3hoops homepage.  really classy and touching gesture....

http://d3hoops.com/notables/2012/02/whyd3-classy-move-aids-weissmans-return

We are all guilty of getting caught up in petty discussions back and forth here.  A story like this is a wakeup call to all of us to remember what is truly important.  Everyone involved at these schools should be proud not only their actions but also for the lessons taught.  Moving beyond words.  Kudos to all involved. 

amh63

BB withdrawal type trival.......Best bargins to watch conference BB games this weekend LIVE.
Wanted to give a shout out to Midd. here for providing FREE on-line coverage of their game this Sat.  They posted first and gave prices to attend the game.
Amherst just now announced the times and prices to its games.  Amherst is hosting both WBB and MBB tourney games with one following the other.  It seems that if you go to the WBB game you can also watch the MBB game.  Get two games for the price of one.....that way, school doesn't have to clear the gym after the first game.  Students with ID are free and the prices for general attendance are much lower than at Midd. where students have to pay.  Guess so....since Williams is coming to town....TOP featured game....TOP prices.
Wes. is new to this hosting of a conference tourney game and has not gotten its act together yet....no time and posting of the prices.
Tufts has posted its times for its games....yes WBB and MBB....double hitter!  And since this somewhat new for Tufts.....it has stated that all games at its gym are FREE!.  BEST prices for this weekend.   WALZY....maybe there will be free popcorn and "dogs" again.....but the price of a parking ticket can be high.....suggest you go to Amherst and watch the Sullivan/Click/Lin show.
Oh yes.....Wes. BB Coach will be on the D3HOOPSVILLE show on Thursday of this week!
What am I going to do?   Have to go to the Sunshine State and visit family/beach for awhile.  Wife was not a happy camper when I pushed the trip off to watch the great games up at Amherst.  Had to have one of my sons fly down to MD with his wife from NYC and entertain her....along with my other son and his wife.  It was expensive.   Just kidding about my wife here.  She loved to have her sons and daughters-in-law around and NOT cooking.  Never missed me....I think.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Who is going to be on Hoopsville Thursday night?
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

amh63

Sorry....Dave of Hoopsville.....my "bad" as they say for a goof. 
Went to the Wes. athletic website to get news of the conf. tourney hosting info.  Saw on the list of events about the BB coach to be on your show.   Overlooked the obvious date of Jan. 19. Thursday.  Announcement was Jan 20th.  Thought the front page announcements would be more current.....the top announcement is dated Feb. 2.....as I now see after going back to the website.
Sorry about giving you a scare of sorts.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Yeah - gave me a slight scare... was pretty sure we had him on already and was worried I had miscommunication with my producer... feeling much better now! :)
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Marty Peretz

Not trying to steal Walzy's thunder here but curious to see if he agrees with me re: spreads.Midd -12 vs Williams. Amherst -18 vs Hamilton. Hopefully I will make it up for the Amherst game before heading over to the UMass game and then back to NYC for Wash.U NYU on Sunday.

O-Boards10

Quote from: nescac1 on February 13, 2012, 08:00:51 AM

First Team:

Sharry, Hanley, Sullivan, Toomey, Kizell

Second Team:

Mayer, Callaghan, Workman, Sha Brown (just missed first team but Kizell and Toomey were both awesome this year, although in a three-guard line-up I'd bump Sullivan and put him in), Matt Vadas

Also considered: Squires, Brust (Bates), Anderson, Orchowski (Tufts), O'Connell (Bowdoin).

POY: Sharry (although if this was an MVP award I'd say Toomey given how much he means to Amherst, no team would suffer more from the loss of any one player)
DPOY: N. Thompson (Workman, Orchowski, and Robertson also deserve consideration)
ROY: Ben Ferris (easy pick)

COY: Hixon, although Sheldon at Tufts deserves some consideration too, given the rapid improvement from a program that seemed all-but-dead two years ago.

All solid choices. It's hard to argue against Hixon, but I think Reilly and his staff deserve some recognition for the job they've done at Wesleyan. Remember they didn't make the playoffs last year and now they're the #3 seed. They played Middlebury and Amherst tough this year, even beating Amherst in their last contest. Reilly has made the Cardinals a "real" contender this year

Old Guy

Spreads:  Williams loses by one to Middlebury in Middlebury, 80-79; loses by two to Amherst at Amherst in the game's last seconds. On a given night, they can play even with any D3 team in the country. Their motivation for this season-salvaging, season perpetuating game will be powerful. They get by Middlebury and they likely get another shot at Amherst with an automatic NCAA bid in the balance - and you have an 11 point differential? I hope you're right. I think we're likely to get their A-game this weekend.

walzy31

Saturday February 18th NESCAC Quarterfinals Spreads

#8 Hamilton @ #1 Amherst
Amherst -13.0 (unless big bro Lin plays in which case it is Hamilton -12.0)
O/U: 137.5

#7 Williams @ #2 Middlebury
Middlebury -4.0
O/U: 129.5

#6 Bowdoin @ #3 Wesleyan
Wesleyan -5.5
O/U: 137.0

#5 Bates @ #4 Tufts
Tufts -4.0
O/U: 129.0

nescac1

Amherst (although I do think that an NBA player who is averaging around 25 ppg since becoming a starter would be worth more than 25 in a NESCAC game, I think they win big vs. Hamilton), and the over.

My head says Middlebury -- I felt like everything went right for Williams vs. Midd the first time around (Sharry in foul trouble, Midd will be more prepared for Mayer this time, etc.) as the Ephs don't match up well vs. the Panthers, but I gotta go with my heart and hope Williams brings a lot of passion for what would be the final game of a season in which they expected to go a lot further, so I'll say Williams, and the over.  I think Williams will need to shoot around 40 percent from three to pull off the upsets. 

I think Bowdoin -- Wesleyan will be very close, so I'll take Bowdoin and the over there.

Finally, Tufts and the over.  I'll put two chits on Tufts, I like them big at home vs. Bates. 

7express

Amherst over
Williams over
Bowdoin under
Tufts over

grabtherim

No over unders for me.  Straight chalk: Amherst - possible blowout.  Wesleyan - home game after a great season should have that gym humming.  Middlebury - a battle down to the wire, but both my heart and head say Middlebury comes through and covers late on foul shots.  Tufts -coinflip for me, but Tufts is my choice. 

ac08

Quote from: walzy31 on February 15, 2012, 03:22:56 PM
Saturday February 18th NESCAC Quarterfinals Spreads

#8 Hamilton @ #1 Amherst
Amherst -13.0 (unless big bro Lin plays in which case it is Hamilton -12.0)
O/U: 137.5

#7 Williams @ #2 Middlebury
Middlebury -4.0
O/U: 129.5

#6 Bowdoin @ #3 Wesleyan
Wesleyan -5.5
O/U: 137.0

#5 Bates @ #4 Tufts
Tufts -4.0
O/U: 129.0

Jeffs over
Ephs over