FB: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aufb05

Baseman-

I didn't say anyone would beat Mt. Union. I did say Mt. Union will have to play FB to win. If it is LAKE that will represent then consider this - any team can start flat. If LAKE beats AU by a soft margin or if AU wins but doesn't reach their number and LAKE represents, then LAKE may lose to Mt. Union but by no more than 17. If LAKE crushes AU the playoff margin decreases.

Personally, I think AU upsets LAKE. Regardless of next Saturdays outcome either team will make a statement for the IBFC, just like AU did last year - no blowouts regardless who plays. 

Gomer -
You called for BU to upset, I called for them to win.

Big_Uns

If Lakeland and Whitewater were to play in the playoffs, I think it's safe to say we won't see another 73-12 game. Lakeland's playing some of the best football they can play. With such a young defense, a lot of those guys were only playing in their third game as collegians when Whitewater came to town. Can you believe that with a defense made up mostly of underclassmen they're still holding teams like Concordia to 200 yards? The offense is coming together too, using their third and fourth string running backs!

If you think this is the same Lakeland team that played Whitewater in Week 3, you haven't been paying attention. This team is back to what we saw last year when they hung with Whitewater for 3 quarters.

Not to take anything away from UWW, I strongly believe they are national title contenders this year. It takes a VERY good team to go through the WIAC unbeaten, and although the season isn't over, they've got a pretty damn good shot of remaining undefeated.

All I'm saying is that a playoff game between these two teams would be closer than expected. Maybe not 10 or less points, but certainly not 30 plus.

Aufb05-
7-7 at half to EUREKA?! What gives?

aufb05

Big_Uns-

AU's playing a tough team next week. Sometimes you got to dig deep into your bag to see what works or what doesn't. The end was never in doubt. It was a good opportunity to try some different Os (1st half anyway). AU isn't taking LAKE lightly. 

disgracetofball

Ok now you people are talking about the same stuff I was but I made my point more blunt.  This conference is not going to win a playoff game, ever.  The fact they beat up on each other is ridiculous.  You can look at the running up of the scores and look at it two ways.  The first is why would they run up the score? there is no margin of victory factor in the D3 BCS(oh wait all you have to do is win the conference championship). Second, the teams aren't really running up any scores, when you can rush the ball 50+ times and gain 400-600 yards you are just playing a really bad team, should these teams just not even put a team on the field.  So until there are ANY non-conference wins (regular season or playoffs) who cares?

FalconsFootball

I realize this conferences post season record has been pretty bad but I d not hink it is fair t keep bashing it like you have.  The teames from this conference usually get matched up against some of the best teams in DIII. 

I played for CUW when we played UW La Crosse That game was 21-7 at half time. That was only because of a miscommunication in coverage otherwise it would have been 14-7 The only reason the game ended up lopsided was because our punter could not get the D out of horrible field position.  La Crosse's average starting field position for the 2nd half was CUW's 33!!!! yard line.  Every drive that started on the other side of the field CUW's defense held La Crosse.  La Crosse wound up losing to Mount Union by two or three touchdowns.  All I know is everyone on CUW's defense that year (probably the best the IBFC will ever see) knows they can play with the top teams in this D III. 

Last Year the only reason AU lost was becuase of Woosters RB.  Anything can happen on a given day.

At CUW we scrimmage Carthage every year before the season begins and we handle them every year. They are a respected team who is no better than the top teams in the IBFC.  The problem is there is little to no compairison between the top and bottom of the IBFC.  There are some pretty bad teams, but there are also some pretty good teams. 

Saying that some highschool teams could beat u is a f-ing joke.  I played H.S. ball in Florida (some of, if not the, best football in the country) and I played with and against some amaizing players and making that compairison is a joke.  I know the limitations of this conference as do many of us so there is no need for you to come on here and continually bash it.  There are some stupid conversations and arguements that go on along with program bashing.  HOWEVER, we are all playing cause we love the game and we put just as much into it as anyone else, if not more, because we don't get endorsments or scholarships or breaks in school because of our thletic status. so take it somewhere else.

aufb05

Maddog-

Missed you buddy. I'll hook up with you next week. I'm sure your fans will point me out to you. As I said at the beginning of the season it all comes down to this game.  Looking forward to meeting you and your son.

maddog8

Likewise my friend look forward to meeting you.  I will be standing in the end zone.  See you there, will be a great game.

admin

Quote from: maddog8 on October 24, 2005, 06:02:35 PM
Disgracetofball, your name suits you well, you are pathetic and a disgracetofball. At least these kids are playing the game instead of bashing it like you. [remainder deleted]

Hey, uhm, maddog, that isn't even close to appropriate. You know what I'm referring to. Don't go there.

markdamaker40

Quote from: falcsfb on October 24, 2005, 05:59:07 PM
At CUW we scrimmage Carthage every year before the season begins and we handle them every year. They are a respected team who is no better than the top teams in the IBFC.  The problem is there is little to no compairison between the top and bottom of the IBFC.  There are some pretty bad teams, but there are also some pretty good teams. 

OH MY GOD, YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. I ALMOST FELL OUT OF MY CHAIR LAUGHING SO HARD AT THIS. YOU ARE BASING YOUR ENTIRE ARGUMENT ON A SCRIMAGE. A SCRIMAGE DOES NOT MEASURE HOW A TEAM IS GOING TO DO IN THE REGULAR SEASON.  I BET ITS THE KIND OF SCRIMAGE WHERE EACH OFFENSE GETS LIKE 20 PLAYS IN A ROW AND IF THEY DON'T AND IF THEY DON'T GET A FIRST DOWN THEY MOVE BACK TO THEIR OWN 40 YARD LINE. YOU CAN NOT TELL ME THAT YOU HONESTLY THINK THAT CONCORDIA'S OFFENSE WOULD BE ABLE TO MOVE THE BALL ON A STINGY CARTHAGE DEFENSE.

Fluffypuppy

I'm not doubting the weakness of this conference overall this year.  But past winners have been competitive outside of conference.  It doesn't matter mcuh anymore thought b/c the conference will be dissolved after this year. 

What ever happened to Thunder Dave Sunseri, last I heard was he was making brooms somewhere in Georgia.  Anyone heard any truth to that rumor.

Pongo or whatever your name is now, u suck.  Superstar would run, and throw circles around your ass.  How's Luther treatin ya' Ice Water?

Gomer Pyle

AUF05:  Up-Set: to defeat or overthrow an opponent that is considered more formidable, as in sports.  As Mac had a better record at the time plus a good QB and an excellent RB it, the "up-set", was the proper call. IMO.
  Win: To finish first in a contest. Bu did just that.
  We both got BU as the winner but just went in 2 different directions. 
  Wednesday(tomorrow) i`ll post my picks for this saturday`s games.
   Maddog8: what happened? Your commentary is missed.  Don`t clam up, that`s not your style.

aufb05

Gomer-

Its Tuesday, so here goes.

Upset is what I expect AU to do at LAKE on Saturday. Three reasons 1. AU has the lowest opponents points  2. Horung is consistent with his passing game 3. AU has found their running game (that wasn't the case at CUW). I don't know if AU can win by the number they need to represent. That said, either team will make a good IBFC representative.

CUW over BEN, BEN has been playing well but it would take a miracle to outplay CUW's D and running game.

GRN over CUR, GRN's D will stop whatever CUR's O can put together. 

MAC over EUR, I'm not sure why MAC has had a tough year. It almost seems internal - the talent is there. I like EUR's QB but the rest of the team performs in spurts and not always at the same time. 

That's it sports fans.

FalconsFootball

Carthage does have a good defense and they did a good job. Especially becuase CUW O coordinator has known Carthages D coordinator for a long time.  Also Carthage prepares for CUW during camp.  We don't even know what kind of offense Carthage runs untill we get to the game.  CUW was also missing their starting D-Tackle, middle linebacker, and free safety, all three are all-conference players.  Carthage is a good team I am not taking anything away from them, its just that they get respect and we don't. I believe the teams that represent this conference in the playoffs do not win becuase we are constantly matched up against the best DIII has to offer. 

maddog8

The only pick I'm concerned with at this stage of the game is LAKELAND will not go down in DEFEAT they have to much determination for that to happen. Trust me when I say this AUFB05 THERE DEFENSE IS READY FOR HORNUNG AND COMPANY.  Not to mention that their OFFENSE is finally clicking.  Good luck to both team in this battle. LAKELAND over AU. Besides this DEFENSE in not even close to last years THEY are better. Hard to believe but it is true. Tere goal is to punish you, yes you. I want to see after a couple of blows, if Hornung can stay in there I know Schmidke from Mac couldn't!!!

maddog8

Horung if your listening, MADDOG is telling you son be ready this is not a joke or game here, be ready because you will be smacked Hard very Hard. Bank on this one!! I do agree any one of these teams will be a good representative for the conference,  but honestly Horung please be ready they will be hunting you down like a DEER. Oh that is right DEER season is OPEN. AUFB05 look forward to seeing you, and best of luck to all IBFC teams this weekend.