FB: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gc_fan

Lakeland 14 - Greenville 7 - with 4:03 left in regulation

gc_fan

Final score - Lakeland 20 - Greenville 13

Despite the loss you got to give props to Greenville for hanging in with Lakeland.  As Maddog said earlier today, Greenville has definetly improved and they should be near the top in the conference next year.

gc_fan

Greenville does have one more game next week at home against Washington University from St. Louis

TruCountry95

End of game Lakeland-20   Greenville-13

Good game overall. Lakeland demostrated as they have demostrated all year long, their ability to play with absolute zero class or sportsmanship. Lakeland racked up late hit penalties as well as unsportsmanlike conduct. This is why Lakeland deserves to be beat into the ground once they enter the payback land of Playoffs. Once Lakeland gets pummeled in the playoffs maybe the leason will sink in that late hits, unsportsmanlike conduct and post-game extra-curricular activities (during the tradition hand-shake), are not necessary and it does nothing but demolish a programs rep as well as it's student athletes.

Gomer Pyle

Quote from: TruCountry95 on November 05, 2005, 05:21:04 PM

Good game overall. Lakeland demostrated as they have demostrated all year long, their ability to play with absolute zero class or sportsmanship. Lakeland racked up late hit penalties as well as unsportsmanlike conduct. This is why Lakeland deserves to be beat into the ground once they enter the payback land of Playoffs. Once Lakeland
gets pummeled in the playoffs maybe the leason will sink in that late hits, unsportsmanlike conduct and post-game extra-curricular activities (during the tradition hand-shake), are not necessary and it does nothing but demolish a programs rep as well as it's student athletes.

If i`m not mistaken LC is the most penalized team or second most (as per the IBFC site) in the conference.
  Sounds like GC was not intimidated by Lakeland
   and gave them all they could handle.
   I wonder what the lakeland folks will have to say about it?  I sure hope they don`t blame it on everything under the sun.  Looking forward to the reasons why. 
   After storming through the IBC and on the verge of an NCAA play-off game they(LC) could have played their worst game of the year or Greenville  is a must better team then most believe.  What do you Think?
  One last comment. Looking at the D3 Top 25 yesterday  i didn`t see LC listed. Looked at the "also
  rans" and didn`t see then listed.  Do all the pollsters know something?? Apparently so.

aufb05

I said it early on Greenville is no walk in the park. That said LAKE is  our representative in the play offs and we should support their efforts. 

AU-21 Mac-14 Final

baseman201

That's true, Lakeland is our representative in the playoffs, so good luck to them in 2 weeks.  And I was going to say that Maddogg was going to pick mostly Lakeland players, which he did.  Although if my son played at a school, I would pick him, and all the team as well for an "all conference" team. 

Well, as I said good luck to Lakeland.  I have a bet with my friend that the IBFC team to go to the playoffs will lose by 25+ points.  I want some free Taco Bell,  don't let me down Lakeland............ok, it would be cool to win a playoff game for the IBFC.  But hey, free Taco Bell sounds good too.

Awesome game today with BU and CURF.  went to Overtime.  Best game I have seen in awhile.

I am out.

Big_Uns

Quote from: Gomer Pyle on November 05, 2005, 06:16:00 PM
Quote from: TruCountry95 on November 05, 2005, 05:21:04 PM

Good game overall. Lakeland demostrated as they have demostrated all year long, their ability to play with absolute zero class or sportsmanship. Lakeland racked up late hit penalties as well as unsportsmanlike conduct. This is why Lakeland deserves to be beat into the ground once they enter the payback land of Playoffs. Once Lakeland
gets pummeled in the playoffs maybe the leason will sink in that late hits, unsportsmanlike conduct and post-game extra-curricular activities (during the tradition hand-shake), are not necessary and it does nothing but demolish a programs rep as well as it's student athletes.

If i`m not mistaken LC is the most penalized team or second most (as per the IBFC site) in the conference.
  Sounds like GC was not intimidated by Lakeland
   and gave them all they could handle.
   I wonder what the lakeland folks will have to say about it?  I sure hope they don`t blame it on everything under the sun.  Looking forward to the reasons why. 
   After storming through the IBC and on the verge of an NCAA play-off game they(LC) could have played their worst game of the year or Greenville  is a must better team then most believe.  What do you Think?
  One last comment. Looking at the D3 Top 25 yesterday  i didn`t see LC listed. Looked at the "also
  rans" and didn`t see then listed.  Do all the pollsters know something?? Apparently so.

Well well.  Lakeland wins without class eh?  Just because Lakeland plays with intensity on both sides of the ball (which, by the way, wins league championships and playoff births) you say they play dirty.  Sounds to me like everyone is having sour grapes.

Another thing.  Lakeland is not in the Top 25 or others mentioned for one reason.  This conference suxs.  plain and simple.  Your telling me that a conference that has never had a playoff win.  Then I wonder why we get not even a notice.  Lakeland cannot be at fault for everyone else being so terrible.  Nothing they can do about that.  IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW MANY PENALITIES a team gets in a season.  Last time I looked at a stat sheet, it didnt differentiate between personal fouls and holding/facemask calls.   ::)

Lakeland has the best chance in this lowly conference to even make a playoff showing this year, and everyone here has to know that.  Ben, Greenville, AU, MAC, and CUW are ok or on the verge of getting there one day.

Warrior_Fish

That last post was mine.  Big_Uns, next time remember to log off my computer!!!

aufb05

Warrior Fish-

You must be a fan with limited knowledge of the IBFC Teams.

QUOTE:
"Ben, Greenville, AU, MAC, and CUW are ok or on the verge of getting there one day."

AU has been to the dance and back - Last yr. against No. 6 Wooster - 41-34, All American RB Sutton was the difference.

Best of luck to the LAKE in the playoffs - Fish don't give up your day job.

maddog8

Baseman101, you sound like an idiot, first I pick who I FEEL are the best players. and because of the HOGS my son is among the best, NOT because I think so. In addition can anyone with REAL football sense NOT baseball sense, disagree with my player of the year picks NoT ALL LAKELAND PLAYERS. As for my 1st and 2nd units YOU will be surprised at my picks. If I were a coach this would be my TEAM. Second for all thoughs out there Greenville is FOR REAL. I didn't have to go to the game to realize that. As for Cheapshot, WELL I WAS LISTENING ON THE INTERNET AND YOUR COMMENTATORS SAID THAT GREENVILLE WAS TAKING CHEAPSHOTS ON THE QB AND GETTING RUFING THE PASSER PENALTIES. Unless he was making a mistake. Sooner or later people have to realize also that the MUSKIES are already for REAL. Greenville is the most improved team in the conference, I will agree to that. Now everyone SHOULD support the IBFC CHAMPS for the playoffs. My teams will be out next week!

Gomer Pyle

Maddog8:  Just like last year except this time your "selections" aren`t even up yet and your catching flak.  So it goes in the life of a
  prognosticator or as John Paul Jones said," full
  speed ahead.....damn the torpedos."
Look at it this way, if other folks want to put up "their" all IBC team....have at it. 

Gomer Pyle

Quote from: aufb05 on November 06, 2005, 09:21:05 AM
Warrior Fish-

You must be a fan with limited knowledge of the IBFC Teams.

QUOTE:
"Ben, Greenville, AU, MAC, and CUW are ok or on the verge of getting there one day."

AU has been to the dance and back - Last yr. against No. 6 Wooster - 41-34, All American RB Sutton was the difference.

Best of luck to the LAKE in the playoffs - Fish don't give up your day job.

aufb05: You are correct in what you said but i`d like to add: MacMurray rolled throught the IBFC in
  2001 and 2002 winning "not" sharing the Championship with anybody. By doing so they also played in 2 NCAA play-off games( back to back years.) They led Thomas Moore Into the final seconds but lost on a well thrown pass into the end zone.  The other loss was a blow out to Wabash.
  You right about the "Know your history of the IBFC."
  Opinions are just that......opinions but facts are
  indisputable!

aufb05

Gomer-

Your right MAC has been to the dance. I wasn't trying to make AU stand out, just trying to make a point to Fish.

PS - just noticed your a starter, congrats!

grover1728

Maddog -

As for your player of the year nominations defensively, I would have to say that you put Jerral Davidson on the list before you put Robbie Perry up there.  Davidson and #8 from CUW were by far the toughest corners to go up against this year.