FB: American Rivers Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DBQ1965

Quote from: doolittledog on August 16, 2018, 10:13:05 AM
I anyone is interested in doing a pick-em this year, I am pretty sure I can talk my wife into running it again this season.  I have 2 weeks to beg and plead with her  ;)

Count me in.  And "Thank You"  Stefanie.
Reality is for those who lack imagination 😀

Purple Heys

Quote from: doolittledog on August 17, 2018, 11:48:16 AM
Dubuque will have a joint practice with UW-Lacrosse today.

https://twitter.com/DubuqueFootball/status/1030472273017413633

My wife tells me I have to work and earn a living today, so won't make the trip over to check it out.

She added she has an app that tracks where I am so if I tell her I'm running into town to get some gas and don't come back for 5 hours she will know what I did  ;)

Take your son Disney Infinity character "hunting" , she'll never see through that one.
You can't leave me....all the plants will die.

5 Words or Less

BVU adding 'Ag Institute' 2019

http://www.stormlakepilottribune.com/story/2545106.html

QuoteThe idea of the institute, announced in April with considerable enthusiasm by first-year President, Josh Merchant, is to prepare students for good careers in an industry thirsty for skilled people. A USDA study predicts 57,000 annual job openings in food, agriculture and renewable resources fields, many of them at the management level ... Going to a non-Division I school may also mean that some students are able to balance competing in a sport or other activity with their ag studies, which might not be an option for them at a large university.

doolittledog

Something to contemplate as the season approaches...

Coach Finstock - "There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that and everything else is cream cheese."

Alfredeneumann

Aaron Kampman on Coach Ed Thomas
I believe his greatest legacy comes not in how many football games he won or lost but in the fact that he was a committed follower of Jesus Christ.

MUC57

doolittledog

Loved your tailgate picture. Kinda puts everything in perspective. Good stuff. Also gave you a +k. Best to all you guys in the IIAC, oops, American Rivers Conference. Go Everybody! ☠🏈
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

doolittledog

Of some interest to Dubuque and Luther fans.  UW-La Crosse and Dubuque scrimmaged yesterday.

https://lacrossetribune.com/sports/local/college/uw-la-crosse-football-brody-gatz-rbs-stand-out-in/article_e86f4cbe-c119-5386-996f-babf073cc388.html

https://lacrossetribune.com/sports/local/uw-l-s-devonte-amos-has-aura-of-confidence/article_13ebd6f9-548a-5256-922b-6025997bf038.html

Dubuque "wins" scrimmage 21-14  take that however you want

La Crosse will have a senior at QB with a freshman winning the back up roll over a D2 transfer and a junior.  A 5'6 sophomore WR looked good for La Crosse. a 5'11 220 lbs RB and the starting QB looked good for La Crosse according to the articles. 
Coach Finstock - "There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that and everything else is cream cheese."

doolittledog

Dubuque shows a 117 player roster as of now.

By class...
53 - Freshmen
28 - Sophomores
20 - Juniors
16 - Seniors

By state...
61 - Illinois
25 - Wisconsin
11 - Iowa
04 - Arizona
03 - California
02 - Alaska, Texas, Missouri
01 - Sweden, Georgia, Nevada, South Carolina, New Jersey, Vermont, Ohio

doolittledog

The Pilot-Tribune with an article about BVU football.

http://www.stormlakepilottribune.com/story/2546760.html

BVU will be young this year.  30 some freshmen, 5 juniors, 11 seniors.  Didn't mention sophomores.

Opens season next Thursday at 6pm against Hamline.  Free to the public if you are so inclined to make the trip to Storm Lake!

The Cedar Rapids Gazette with a Coe article...

https://www.thegazette.com/subject/sports/coe-kohawks-iowa-football-division-3-2018-preview-20180820

Return 14 starters, picked 6th by conference coaches.

Top returners: RB Tyler Dralle, QB Quentin White, RB Mitch Stopko, OL Dalton Kuehl, WR Colton White, DB Jacob Elsbury, LB Terrence Hall, DL Daniel Vega, LB Logan Rickard, DB Kentrell Smith, DB Brian Robertson

Key losses: DL Robbie Peters, DL Drew Heitland, RB Tino Green, WR Demetrius Harper, LB Dalton Shadle, OL Jacob Langenberg, OL Zak Ranshaw, OL B.J. Weepie

Outside the Crate

Wartburg's roster shows 141 students, 107 of whom are from Iowa.  IL is second with 19; MN 5; AL, MO and WI 2; and CA, TX, WA and United Kingdom 1 each.  The roster has 69 first year, 20 sophomores, 30 juniors and 22 seniors.

doolittledog

If you are interested, head over to the pick-ems page and get your picks in.  Remember, there is a Thursday night game this year, so get your picks in early.  If you miss Thursday, still put some picks in, we'll just count that game as a loss.  If you miss the 1pm Saturday kickoffs, still put your picks in, because there 3 night games on Saturday that we would count. 

THURSDAY
Hamline University @ Buena Vista 6pm            

SATURDAY
UW-La Crosse @ Luther 1 p.m.         
UW-Eau Claire @ Loras 1 p.m.      
Nebraska Wesleyan @ Concordia College (Minn.) 1 p.m.            
Augustana College @ Coe 1 p.m.            
Bethel University @ Simpson 1 p.m.            
Central @ Northwestern-St. Paul (Minn.) 5 p.m.      
UW-Whitewater @ Dubuque 6 p.m.      
Greenville University @ Wartburg    7 p.m.

bleedpurple

ARC fans, what do you think of your three match-ups with the WIAC teams this weekend?  Do you think you have a good shot at two out of three?  Do you think one out of three is more realistic?  Just wondering about your perceptions of the match-ups. It's finally game week!

doolittledog

Quote from: bleedpurple on August 26, 2018, 10:38:02 PM
ARC fans, what do you think of your three match-ups with the WIAC teams this weekend?  Do you think you have a good shot at two out of three?  Do you think one out of three is more realistic?  Just wondering about your perceptions of the match-ups. It's finally game week!

I would describe myself as hopeful, but not expecting victories. 

Luther and La Crosse both coming off decent seasons last year, both with many holes to fill.  Game is at Luther, I think you still favor La Crosse

Loras and Eau Claire both picked near the bottom of the conference this year.  Game is at Loras, I think you still favor Eau Claire

Whitewater and Dubuque has a lot of story lines with Zweifel and his history there.  Game is at Dubuque, I think you still favor Whitewater.

I would love to see a Dubuque victory over Whitewater for selfish reasons...as well as seeing the Norse and Duhawks get wins for our conference to look well.  Hopeful, but not optimistic.

bleedpurple

Quote from: doolittledog on August 27, 2018, 06:58:34 AM
Quote from: bleedpurple on August 26, 2018, 10:38:02 PM

I would describe myself as hopeful, but not expecting victories. 

Luther and La Crosse both coming off decent seasons last year, both with many holes to fill.  Game is at Luther, I think you still favor La Crosse

Loras and Eau Claire both picked near the bottom of the conference this year.  Game is at Loras, I think you still favor Eau Claire

Whitewater and Dubuque has a lot of story lines with Zweifel and his history there.  Game is at Dubuque, I think you still favor Whitewater.

I would love to see a Dubuque victory over Whitewater for selfish reasons...as well as seeing the Norse and Duhawks get wins for our conference to look well.  Hopeful, but not optimistic.

That's fair.  I probably feel the similar from the other side of the fence, except for one game:

Would love a victory for Whitewater for selfish reasons.

Would like to see Eau Claire win because they are in our conference.  Plus, they have won so few games lately and if they don't win one in the next couple of weeks, I just don't see where they get one. And I hate to see ANY group of college football players go through an entire season without a W. They work too hard. Well, except for...

LaCrosse. I hate LaCrosse (in a football sense).  Go Luther!  ;D

BLynn

Spent 3 weeks in Wisky this summer and saw stadiums at UW-L and UW-PV - very impressive. 

Hey DoolittleDog, I finally got back on D3.  rooting for NWU, but always appreciated the entire league.