FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PurpleSuit

Quote from: Kira & Jaxon's Dad on September 14, 2014, 10:14:00 AM
Awesome Story on Pierre Garcon:

Pierre Garcon

The NFL media should be all over Pierre in a league full of Rice, Peterson, Gordons.  Get another healthy season/contract with Cecil and we will probably be looking at a new Garcon/Shorts building on campus.

SaintsFAN

Quote from: PurpleSuit on September 14, 2014, 03:04:19 PM
The NFL media should be all over Pierre in a league full of Rice, Peterson, Gordons.  Get another healthy season/contract with Cecil and we will probably be looking at a new Garcon/Shorts building on campus.

110% agree -- unfortunately the NFL is on the defensive for now and probably won't have any new marketing campaigns until the dust settles from all the crap going on.  My wife, who is admittedly naive on the sports front, asked "why don't they teach these players the right way to do things?"

I laughed at first -- but I realized that unless you really know football and what kind of mentality it takes to survive a season, THIS (what she said) is probably what a casual fan is thinking when they hear all of the bad news when they turn on the TV.   There's a MAJOR disconnect between the NFL and the casual fan.
AMC Champs: 1991-1992-1993-1994-1995
HCAC Champs: 2000, 2001
PAC Champs:  2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Bridge Bowl Champs:  1990-1991-1992-1993-1994-1995-2002-2003-2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013 (SERIES OVER)
Undefeated: 1991, 1995, 2001, 2009, 2010, 2015
Instances where MSJ quit the Bridge Bowl:  2

mr_mom

Pierre Garcon

We get used to these stories down hear near D.C.  Unlike many of his football-playing contemporaries, Pierre is a philanthropist, rather than a philanderer. 

- Last year he donated $50K worth of uniforms to three DC-area schools
- He hosts an annual charity event for the Boys and Girls Clubs
- And Garcon continues to work in Haiti with his Helping Hands Foundation

Never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity.

HSCTiger74

Quote from: mr_mom on September 14, 2014, 04:46:23 PM

Pierre Garcon

We get used to these stories down hear near D.C.  Unlike many of his football-playing contemporaries, Pierre is a philanthropist, rather than a philanderer. 

- Last year he donated $50K worth of uniforms to three DC-area schools
- He hosts an annual charity event for the Boys and Girls Clubs
- And Garcon continues to work in Haiti with his Helping Hands Foundation

There are a lot of Good Guys in the NFL; unfortunately it's the bad ones that move the needle for the media. I'm glad to see someone like Pierre get his due.
TANSTAAFL

bceagle80

My son was recruited by Walsh as well as Mount Union. He would enjoy working hard to beat them. I agree also that D2 schools have to much to lose playing D3. That being said the Junior Varsity played Ashland University (D2 school) this past Sunday and lost.
[/quote]

I think you meant to say that our JV team beat Ashland.  (43-20).  The Ashland team was bigger but the first team JV held them scoreless and scored on them without much difficulty.
[/quote]

You are absolutely correct! Sorry for the mistake. I will blame it on an extremely long workday!!  ;D
[/quote]

The Junior Varsity played a game at John Carroll today and won 56-38. My son got in and made a few mistakes but also knocked a d-lineman on his butt. This was the next step in his progression. He needed to get to travel with the Junior Varsity and get in the game. He did so for two series. He will continue to progress. I am proud of him and the hard work he puts in everyday in practice. It is beginning to pay off for him. :)

mr_mom

Quote from: HSCTiger74 on September 14, 2014, 06:35:05 PM
There are a lot of Good Guys in the NFL; unfortunately it's the bad ones that move the needle for the media. I'm glad too see someone like Pierre get his due.

That's an interesting viewpoint.  And I want to believe it.  So I will. 

Thank you!   :D

ohiofan1954

Serious question(for me anyway). I am looking for a game to watch this Saturday afternoon before going to Ohio game Saturday night. I have always loved going to Muskingum to watch games because it is such a great place. I would also like to catch the Raiders this year. However I also know that this will most likely be a blowout. There is a huge d2 game in Columbus Saturday afternoon between two GLIAC powers Ashland and Ohio Dominican, which would you choose?

Raider 68

Quote from: ohiofan1954 on September 15, 2014, 04:52:21 PM
Serious question(for me anyway). I am looking for a game to watch this Saturday afternoon before going to Ohio game Saturday night. I have always loved going to Muskingum to watch games because it is such a great place. I would also like to catch the Raiders this year. However I also know that this will most likely be a blowout. There is a huge d2 game in Columbus Saturday afternoon between two GLIAC powers Ashland and Ohio Dominican, which would you choose?

ohiofan1954,

If it were me, I would go the Ohio Dominican game. For the Raiders and Muskingum, you will want to leave at halftime, based
upon how each performed in their first game Mount Union 58-7 over Bethany, Muskingum lost 0-33 to Waynesburg. :-\
If you cannot get to another Raider game, then visit Muskingum, nice setting!
13 time Division III National Champions

mr_mom

I neglected to call out Oldtiger61 for taking medal honors in last week's OAC Pick-Em.  My bad.

After two weeks, the bewildered pair of desertraider and theaprof lead the field.

Week #3 spreads have been posted.

Dr. Acula

Quote from: ohiofan1954 on September 15, 2014, 04:52:21 PM

I would go to the Ashland/ODU game for sure.  But if you do, get there early.  Both teams have a lot of central OH kids usually and ODU's stadium is tiny so my guess is seating will be hard to come by.

Dr. Acula

Any rumors out of University Hts. on Myers status?  I think even without him Berg has a very tall order Saturday.  The JCU defense is no joke and they still have a good RB and WR for the back up QB to work with.   

HScoach

^ I respectfully disagree.   No Myers = No shot for JCU
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

reality check

Quote from: pradierguy on September 10, 2014, 09:58:53 PM
Quote from: Dr. Acula on September 10, 2014, 06:29:43 PM
Random thought...Berg's senior class comes into this season at 22-5 in OAC play (.815 winning percentage).  I'm not familiar with Berg's history other than their one championship.  Is this going to be the winningest senior class ever to graduate?  I'd have to think there's a good chance of that being the case.

I would think it would be one of the winningest non-Mount Union classes in the OAC since the 80's.

ONU went a collective 30-6 in OAC play from the fall of 1998 to 2001.  Capital went 28-8 in OAC play from 04-07 as well.
OAC Champs: 1942 (one title ties us with Ohio State)
OAC Runners-Up: 2017, 2016, 2015, 2010, 2009, 2005, 2004, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1982, 1941 (Stupid Mount Union!)
MOL Champs: 1952, 1950

Dr. Acula

Quote from: HScoach on September 16, 2014, 05:10:18 PM
^ I respectfully disagree.   No Myers = No shot for JCU

That was my initial thought too.  I actually thought if Myers doesn't play Berg will have a ton of pressure on them because they'll REALLY need to win in that case.  But then I talked myself out of Berg being a huge favorite because I just don't trust their defense.  At all.  Back up QB or not, I think they're scoring on Berg.  Question is can their D repeat last year and hold down the Princes on offense?   

purpled

Does anyone know if Mount's home opener will be on tape delay? For the first time in years I will most likely miss a home game...back surgery next Thursday. Thanks!

This season's team is going to be a lot of fun to watch...the offense is going to be just crazy and the "D" will just get better.
"You know you're in trouble when...you see the refs tailgating with your opponent's fans." - Paul Fischer