FB: New England Small College Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColbyFootball

Quote from: SpringSt7 on October 22, 2019, 10:38:14 AM
Figured I'd take an updated stab at award predictions now that we're 2/3s of the way there.

OPOY--Still think Stola has a comfortable lead, expect him to put him big numbers these last three weeks when called upon. If i had to pick a runner up right now I think it would be Jernigan--team is 6-0 and in the driver's seat for the league, 2nd in the league in passing yards, 7th in rushing, tied for 2nd with 17 total touchdowns (Lambert also has 17, Maimaron has 18).

DPOY--Joe Kelly's health has thrown a wrench into this race which now seems wide open. Leaning Pistorius but still can't decide if he or Huggins makes more of an impact--I'm sure the Midd folks on the board can help out with that.

ROY--Looks like Maldjian is going to hold onto this one, especially as Midd appears to be cruising to the title. 4th rushing game this past week of 95+ yards or more, should put up big numbers against Bowdoin and hold off Williams S Drew Michalek who now leads the league with 4 takeaways on defense.

COY--Ritter. Not sure who else you could really say? DiCenzo for now but not if they finish 5-4 or 6-3. I've never been on the Hamilton bandwagon but Murray would be an interesting shout if they finish at 5-4, don't know the last time they had a winning record.
If Hamilton can go 5-4 beating either Middlebury or Tufts and Bates, I think Murray deserves COY. I've liked his coaching style since seeing him in his first year at Hamilton. It was immediately obvious to me that his players did not quit, and that's a big achievement to build a program around. Don't quit no matter the score, keep on grinding and good things will eventually happen. I just can't help feeling Tuft is going to have it's hands full with Hamilton this coming Saturday. I'm all in for the Continentals.

jumpshot

This board has been quieter as mammoth63 has remained off the grid recovering from, as Daoustian pointed out, one of the upsets of the decade.

middhoops

Most of us enjoy amh63's input to this board. 

JEFFFAN

Quote from: middhoops on October 22, 2019, 05:56:24 PM

Hear! Hear!   I have a bias because we both are Amherst grads, but AMH63 offers interesting thoughts and posts.   I enjoy his posts very much and hope that he continues to post here and on the MBB site.

Not trying to downplay the terrific win by Hamilton - it was fantastic - but my guess is that by the end of this season (with kudos to a Bowdoin friend who predicted this before the season began) we might see a 6-4 Amherst team.  Losing Kamin and those defensive backs from last season - and having Kelly hurt this year - has rendered this not an historically very good Amherst team.   If Hamilton can pull off another upset or two, one can feel better about the Amherst win.   

The Mole

Hamilton in 32-138 since 1998. NO WINNING SEASONS. Not even a .500 year. 3-5 in 2011 and 2016, 3-6 in 2017 and last year. in 1996 they were 5-3. That is a long skid.

Quote from: ColbyFootball on October 22, 2019, 04:31:10 PM
Quote from: SpringSt7 on October 22, 2019, 10:38:14 AM
Figured I'd take an updated stab at award predictions now that we're 2/3s of the way there.

OPOY--Still think Stola has a comfortable lead, expect him to put him big numbers these last three weeks when called upon. If i had to pick a runner up right now I think it would be Jernigan--team is 6-0 and in the driver's seat for the league, 2nd in the league in passing yards, 7th in rushing, tied for 2nd with 17 total touchdowns (Lambert also has 17, Maimaron has 18).

DPOY--Joe Kelly's health has thrown a wrench into this race which now seems wide open. Leaning Pistorius but still can't decide if he or Huggins makes more of an impact--I'm sure the Midd folks on the board can help out with that.

ROY--Looks like Maldjian is going to hold onto this one, especially as Midd appears to be cruising to the title. 4th rushing game this past week of 95+ yards or more, should put up big numbers against Bowdoin and hold off Williams S Drew Michalek who now leads the league with 4 takeaways on defense.

COY--Ritter. Not sure who else you could really say? DiCenzo for now but not if they finish 5-4 or 6-3. I've never been on the Hamilton bandwagon but Murray would be an interesting shout if they finish at 5-4, don't know the last time they had a winning record.
If Hamilton can go 5-4 beating either Middlebury or Tufts and Bates, I think Murray deserves COY. I've liked his coaching style since seeing him in his first year at Hamilton. It was immediately obvious to me that his players did not quit, and that's a big achievement to build a program around. Don't quit no matter the score, keep on grinding and good things will eventually happen. I just can't help feeling Tuft is going to have it's hands full with Hamilton this coming Saturday. I'm all in for the Continentals.
TAKE THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

The Mole

Looks like the Continentals had a respectable 10 winning seasons from 1984-1996:

84: 6-1-1   89: 4-4      94: 5-3
85: 5-2      90: 2-6      95: 5-3
86: 5-3      91: 4-3-1   96: 5-3
87: 6-2      92: 5-3
88: 5-3      93: 1-7

Prior to that, the previous winning season was 1967 (6-1) and had only one losing season going back to 1954 (2-5 in 1959) in that time period.

MidDay

Vandy74

Quote from: JEFFFAN on October 22, 2019, 06:36:15 PM

Hear! Hear!   I have a bias because we both are Amherst grads, but AMH63 offers interesting thoughts and posts.   I enjoy his posts very much and hope that he continues to post here and on the MBB site.

Amh63 is also a regular contributor on the lacrosse board.

Nescacman

Quote from: JEFFFAN on October 22, 2019, 06:36:15 PM

Not trying to downplay the terrific win by Hamilton - it was fantastic - but my guess is that by the end of this season (with kudos to a Bowdoin friend who predicted this before the season began) we might see a 6-4 Amherst team.  Losing Kamin and those defensive backs from last season - and having Kelly hurt this year - has rendered this not an historically very good Amherst team.   If Hamilton can pull off another upset or two, one can feel better about the Amherst win.

We can guarantee with 100% certainty that we won't see a "6-4" Lord Mammoth season... ;D

Doid23

Quote from: The Mole on October 22, 2019, 10:24:09 PM
Hamilton in 32-138 since 1998. NO WINNING SEASONS. Not even a .500 year. 3-5 in 2011 and 2016, 3-6 in 2017 and last year. in 1996 they were 5-3. That is a long skid.
What in the name of Seamus Crotty is going on at Hamilton?

Nescacman

Quote from: letsgo! on October 20, 2019, 07:21:29 PM
Schedule question. I know this is a new schedule for this season. Does anyone know if they'll be a rotation every year?

Our understanding is that the schedule will partially rotate every two years allowing each team to have a "home and home" game utilizing the current schedule before the schedule rotates  ....the reason we say partially is 7 teams in the league (the Little 3, Hartford State, the C-B-B) finish the season with traditional rivalry games that will probably not rotate....for example, Wes will always finish with AMH, TTUN and HS...the C-B-B games will always be 2 of the last 3 games of the year...so it's safe to say that every two years at least 6 of the 9 games will rotate for every team...how/if the last 3 games rotate will depend on the team...It will 100% not rotate for Wes and MAY partially rotate for the C-B-B, the rest of the Little 3 and Hartford State....

The Mole

491 & 6TDs vs Middlebury in 1984 ::)

Quote from: Doid23 on October 23, 2019, 05:50:34 PM
Quote from: The Mole on October 22, 2019, 10:24:09 PM
What in the name of Seamus Crotty is going on at Hamilton?