WBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by wheatonc, March 03, 2005, 06:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwumichigander

Quote from: Jester1390 on September 12, 2019, 02:49:55 PM
to be honest from where im from i never have heard of Washington U
Nice facility seats 3,000. Well maintained

lmitzel

Shared this over on the men's board too, but I'm already on recruit watch for 2038. NCC might be an early favorite to land Madolyn Sophie Mitzel, born Thursday evening at 8:27 pm at 20.5 inches and 7 pounds, 14.5 ounces. Presumably projects as a 4, maybe a stretch 5 assuming she doesn't inherit her father's jumper. :P
Official D-III Championship BeltTM Cartographer
2022 CCIW Football Pick 'Em Co-Champion
#THREEEEEEEEE

ronk

I've reached the age where I'm year-to-year doing player evaluations(my grandsons r in the 2020 class), but, just in case, I'll add her to my 2038 list. How's her dribbling?   ::)

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: ronk on October 12, 2019, 10:12:45 PM
I've reached the age where I'm year-to-year doing player evaluations(my grandsons r in the 2020 class), but, just in case, I'll add her to my 2038 list. How's her dribbling?   ::)

As I recall, at this age she probably dribbles just fine! ;)

AndOne

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on October 12, 2019, 10:39:22 PM
Quote from: ronk on October 12, 2019, 10:12:45 PM

As I recall, at this age she probably dribbles just fine! ;)

Prior to mastering the dribble-drive, she is currently working on the dribble-drool! 🤤

Gregory Sager

Yes, it's been up since Friday ... I just neglected to post it. Thanks, Rog.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

RogK

Augustana and Carthage have revealed their '19-'20 rosters --
https://athletics.augustana.edu/sports/womens-basketball/roster
https://athletics.carthage.edu/sports/womens-basketball/roster
Over their final 8 games last season, Augie averaged 55.8, a number which will lock up last place if done for a full season. Four of their top five scorers of '18-'19 have graduated.
All-around star Alexis Jones returns, but will surely be the focal point of opposing defenses.

Gregory Sager

Looks like we have another head coach's daughter in the league, as Macy Beinborn is going to play for her dad at Augie.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Gregory Sager

iwu70

Raven Hughes a big big loss for this year's TITANS.  They will have to find rebounding and toughness down low in the paint.  Brovelli will provide some, but no way replace Raven.  Could be that Sydney Shanks gets converted to a forward!  :)   Time will tell.  Some good talent coming back. 

Looking forward to the season.

IWU'70

iwu70

If I were guessing on the IWU line up this year, I'd say:

Brovelli - 5
Sosa - 3
Shanks - 3
Lansford - 2
Sam Munroe - PG

Probably Katie Eck figures in the rotation.  Perhaps Lowis and Bowen too.   Not sure about the freshmen, though one likely to back up Brovelli.

We'll see.  The new edition coming soon.  Raven Hughes difficult to replace -- losing scoring, rebounding and toughness.

Looking forward to the new season.

IWU'70

RogK

Carroll's new roster :
https://gopios.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster/2019-2020
missing are the two top Pioneer rebounders of last season, junior Katie Rossetti (6.4 reb/g) and sophomore Celina Schwantes (6.2 reb/g). Each also had a pretty nice shooting touch near the basket; 2FG% were .535 for Rossetti and .505 for Schwantes. If you want to review Carroll's '18-'19 player stats, go to https://static.cciw.org/custompages/CCIW_Links/WBasketball/Stats/1819/CARROLL.HTM
for some reason, the individual player stats on the gopios site are based on 24 games, not 25.

Gregory Sager

Wow. Those are two big unexpected losses. The Pios still have their four leading scorers back from last season, including top guns Grubor and Cruz, but Rossetti and Schwantes did the necessary grunt work and opened up the outside for the scorers.

I thought that the Pios might be able to make a run at finishing in the top half of the league this season, but I might have to rethink that.