FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

79jaybird

Just found out about Tim Rucks. My sympathies and condolences to the Rucks and Carthage families.  I will remember Tim as a compassionate person who was a great educator of the football game, however moreso his door was always open to come and talk.  Just a great leader and a terrible loss for sure.
VOICE OF THE BLUEJAYS '01-'10
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS 1978 1980 2012
CCIW BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS 2001
2022 BASKETBALL NATIONAL RUNNER UP
2018 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION

grboob

Check out the AUGIE WAY video on the Augustana College Football website

ncc_fan

Titan Q

IWU has a new Athletic Director after a national search...

http://iwusports.com/news/2015/5/6/GEN_0506153727.aspx

Mike has been considered a very competitive Division III A.D. candidate for a few years now - he has been offered a couple D3 jobs (that he didn't end up taking), and was in the final two of the Wash U national search.  I was always selfishly worried he would leave before IWU had the chance to hire him, so this is really a great day.

Great guy who will do an incredible job as Athletic Director at IWU.  Wags is just IWU's 3rd A.D. in 70 years.

79jaybird

I think that is a very good decision for IWU. 
VOICE OF THE BLUEJAYS '01-'10
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS 1978 1980 2012
CCIW BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS 2001
2022 BASKETBALL NATIONAL RUNNER UP
2018 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION

USee

I don't have many details but am hearing Wheaton had one of their best recruiting classes of Swider's tenure this year.  The same was said of last year's class.  Seems as though the Thunder, who return 16 starters are poised to make a run the next few years.  Should be an exciting time for CCIW.

Mugsy

Quote from: USee on May 16, 2015, 02:15:55 PM
I don't have many details but am hearing Wheaton had one of their best recruiting classes of Swider's tenure this year.  The same was said of last year's class.  Seems as though the Thunder, who return 16 starters are poised to make a run the next few years.  Should be an exciting time for CCIW.

I haven't heard too many details either, but a couple names I've heard will be well known to many.
Wheaton Football: CCIW Champs: 1950, 1953-1959, 1995, 2000, 2002-2004, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2019

Mugsy

So some of the names I was hearing are in fact true from the Wheaton recruits list.

You have another round of Roberts, Nussbaum, Miller, Frazier, Brady to represent brothers, cousins and sons of Alum.

Probably most recognizable is Noah Spielman, son of Chris Spielman of Ohio State LB fame and lesser Detroit Lion.  I believe he is transferring in from Toledo, so a D1 transfer.
Wheaton Football: CCIW Champs: 1950, 1953-1959, 1995, 2000, 2002-2004, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2019

USee

Big group and well represented. 5 transfers from Furman, Toledo, Malone, South Dakota, and Dayton. Spielman, from the Video, is impressive.

Swider, the 2014 CCIW and AFCA North Region Coach of the Year, states of the group, "It is with great excitement that Wheaton Football welcomes the addition of 42 new athletes to our team. This group includes 37 freshman and 5 transfers, representing 15 different states. This year the states providing us the most recruits are Illinois, California, Texas, and Indiana. There is no doubt that this current group of new players, combined with last year's recruits, represent the best back-to-back classes we have had in my 30 years here at Wheaton. These classes not only have numbers, but are also filled with some exceptional athletes.

robertgoulet

List of NCC's recruits:

http://www.northcentralcardinals.com/sports/2015/5/5/FB_05052015.aspx?path=football

I wasn't able to keep up much w/ the HS football scene this past season and haven't had a chance to do any research due to a move across the country, so someone will have to fill me in if any of these guys are any good  ;D
You win! You always do!

USee

Quote from: Mugsy on May 18, 2015, 11:00:19 PM
So some of the names I was hearing are in fact true from the Wheaton recruits list.

You have another round of Roberts, Nussbaum, Miller, Frazier, Brady to represent brothers, cousins and sons of Alum.

Probably most recognizable is Noah Spielman, son of Chris Spielman of Ohio State LB fame and lesser Detroit Lion.  I believe he is transferring in from Toledo, so a D1 transfer.

I also see Matt Stanley,  the son of Paul Stanley, former LB for the team formerly known as Crusaders. Looks like a pretty good player. And Christian Bolhuis is likely the offspring of early 80's lanky WR Jim Bolhuis.

New Tradition

Quote from: USee on May 20, 2015, 10:58:08 AM

I also see Matt Stanley,  the son of Paul Stanley, former LB for the team formerly known as Crusaders. Looks like a pretty good player. And Christian Bolhuis is likely the offspring of early 80's lanky WR Jim Bolhuis.

I had no idea he went to Wheaton.

Also, Jim Bolhuis is a good coach and a great guy.  I taught with him for a while.  I had no idea he was a Wheatie. 
I am a NATIONAL Champion, and I refuse to lose!

2015 CCIW Pickem Champ
2015 WIAC Playoff Pickem Champ

kiko

Quote from: New Tradition on May 20, 2015, 11:22:09 AM
Quote from: USee on May 20, 2015, 10:58:08 AM

I had no idea he went to Wheaton.

Also, Jim Bolhuis is a good coach and a great guy.  I taught with him for a while.  I had no idea he was a Wheatie.

Is it wrong that I initially read this as basically the equivalent of "that runs so counter to what I expect from a Wheatie"?   ::)

(Probably, but it still made me laugh...)