WBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronk

Scranton WBB announces Meghan Nowak(Eastern U All-American-2015) as fulltime assistant. I'm hoping she has some playing eligibility left ;). Check the web site for the full announcement.

saratoga

Finally got her.......just four years too late.
From what I've recently heard, the Lady Royals are light years ahead of where they were at this point last year...both physically and basketball wise.

ronk

Quote from: saratoga on October 23, 2015, 10:11:36 PM
Finally got her.......just four years too late.
From what I've recently heard, the Lady Royals are light years ahead of where they were at this point last year...both physically and basketball wise.

Heard some confirmation about the physical improvement a few weeks ago but it was before preseason practice started so I can't confirm the bball improvement. Good scrimmage opponents soon should provide that test. Squad picture is now on their twitter site. Looks like everyone that could return, has, and there are 5 expected newcomers. Hopefully, the roster details will be posted soon in case my eyesight is deficient. 

ronk

Roster is up; 1 additional(to the 5 I expected) newcomer from Prep; 1(Jenna Pasquale) did not return from last season.

saratoga

I believe the young lady you are referencing from Prep has a pretty famous dad.
Andy Ashby played in the Major leagues for many years...met his wife while playing for AAA Scranton when they were a Phillies affiliate.
The Lady Royals also have two other players on the roster whose dad's played in the NFL.

ronk

Preseason poll is out; Royals r 16th in others receiving votes. They scrimmage #5 NYU Saturday. Don't think there will be 40 teams ahead of them in the poll by the end of the season.

HonestAbe

With Catholic ranked 16 in the preseason poll and both Scranton and Moravian receiving votes this could be an interesting year in the Landmark.

Did anyone hear how Scranton's scrimmage against NYU went on Saturday?

ronk

Haven't heard about the scrimmage yet. I'd put Scranton, E-town, and Susque(last season's playoff teams) ahead of Moravian.

Pat Coleman

Moravian has Alexis Wright back for a second senior season (medical hardship year). Does that change your opinion?
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

gordonmann

Moravian got a big, unexpected, boost when Alexis Wright returned for a fifth season. She would have been one of the best players in the region last year but missed her senior season due to injury. Everyone figured she would graduate but she is doing a year of graduate study at Moravian and using her medical red shirt.

Speaking of Alexis, we released our All-American team this morning...

http://www.d3hoops.com/awards/all-americans/women/preseason-2016

ronk

Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 03, 2015, 09:59:15 AM
Moravian has Alexis Wright back for a second senior season (medical hardship year). Does that change your opinion?

Yes, it would; I'd put them ahead of Susque now and even with Catholic, Scranton, and E-town. Looks like an interesting conference race.

ronk

Quote from: gordonmann on November 03, 2015, 10:01:01 AM
Moravian got a big, unexpected, boost when Alexis Wright returned for a fifth season. She would have been one of the best players in the region last year but missed her senior season due to injury. Everyone figured she would graduate but she is doing a year of graduate study at Moravian and using her medical red shirt.

Speaking of Alexis, we released our All-American team this morning...

http://www.d3hoops.com/awards/all-americans/women/preseason-2016

2 of my prospects from 3 years ago (Sara Tarbert, Lisa Murphy) made the list.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

"The off-season is over. The basketball season has arrived, but it can't start without Hoopsville hitting the air! Tune in tonight as Dave talks to the two preseason number one teams, touches base with a major coaching change, checks in with the men's basketball National Committee chair, and previews the Northeast Region.

Show starts at 7PM ET! www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2015-16/nov12

Guests include:
- Grey Giovanine, head coach for #1 Augustana men
- Jeff Hans, head coach for #1 Thomas More women
- Brian Van Haaften, men's basketball committee chair and head coach for Buena Vista
- Trevor Woodruff, head coach for Scranton women
- Matt Noonan, Northeast Regional Reporter"

You can also catch up on the Hoopsville New Rules Special we did and published yesterday. We chatted with:
- Bill Raleigh, Southwestern Assistant Athletic Director and former men's basketball coach along with being on the men's rules committee
- Brad Duckworth, Alverno Athletic Director and women's head coach along with being the current chair of the women's rules committee
- Tim Fitzpatrick, Coast Guard Athletic Director

You can watch or listen to that show here: www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2015-16/rules-special

AND BIG NEWS... Hoopsville has added Sunday shows to this year's November and December schedule. That means the show will air Thursdays and Sundays from the beginning of the season until the end. Each show will air at 7pm ET (unless noted) with a few shows in November and December being canceled due to holidays or other responsibilities (i.e. Gagliari Trophy and Stagg Bowl Week).

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville
SoundCloud (podcast): www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

San Juan

Just a thought for the pollsters #16 Catholic lost!

Pat Coleman

Quote from: San Juan on November 14, 2015, 12:04:08 AM
Just a thought for the pollsters #16 Catholic lost!

Thanks, Juan -- we compile a report directly out of our database and all the voters will see it when the next poll comes around.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.