WBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redrhino

Saratoga,

Yes, Trevor Woodruff is a coaching artist--and I think he would agree that the senior leadership of Ms. Gantz and Ms. Alicea has also helped develop this team's singular bond.

As you say, it is all a thing of beauty! These Lady Royals are one of the best "all-for-one and one-for-all" sports teams I have ever seen; they would happily surrender half their hindquarters for each other--and an empathy like that is even more beautiful than a Sarah Payonk back-door pass.

San Juan

I think I am the one that has been saying that all year long.So start sending karma my way lol.Go lady Royals

sp0rtsfan

The trip to Srantonia was well worth it..... The Lady Royals were pumped as were us fans...I still stand by my last assessment of this very good team: (1) Overall conditioning of the players, especially Roman; (2) The maturity level & leadership of the seniors; (3) the addition of Mann ....

Here's hoping the Purple team can fend off the giant-killers get to another Final 4...

ronk

NCAA selection show @ 2:30 PM(videostreamed) tomorrow to find out who's in Scranton's pod.

saratoga

Just a guess for the sake of guessing regarding the Scranton Pod:

Game 1:
Christopher Newport...Capitol AC (at large) vs. Lehman... City Univ. of NY (Champion)

Game 2:
McDaniel...Centennial Conf. (at large) vs. Scranton...Landmark (Champion).

Regardless of who is slated to arrive, all the very best to the Lady Royals.

spOrtsfan: Right you are on the conditioning factor between this year & last.
One of the numerous positive differences!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: saratoga on February 28, 2016, 11:49:59 PM
Just a guess for the sake of guessing regarding the Scranton Pod:

Game 1:
Christopher Newport...Capitol AC (at large) vs. Lehman... City Univ. of NY (Champion)

Game 2:
McDaniel...Centennial Conf. (at large) vs. Scranton...Landmark (Champion).

Regardless of who is slated to arrive, all the very best to the Lady Royals.

spOrtsfan: Right you are on the conditioning factor between this year & last.
One of the numerous positive differences!

Two things:
- they won't want that many from the same region at Scranton. CNU and McDaniel along with Scranton all Mid-Atlantics. They will break that up and get more diversity.
- McDaniel has no chance of getting an at-large bid - of course, I/we (Pat and I) said that last year and were wrong, but there are four more losses this year to be pretty sure of.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

ronk

Lady Royals host WPI and former coaches(Kate Pearson-Cabrini) and Steph Witko-Marymount asst in the other game.

NEPAFAN

Quote from: ronk on February 29, 2016, 03:29:16 PM
Lady Royals host WPI and former coaches(Kate Pearson-Cabrini) and Steph Witko-Marymount asst in the other game.

WPI seems to be a strong 1st round opponent?
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

ronk

Quote from: NEPAFAN on February 29, 2016, 03:42:52 PM
Quote from: ronk on February 29, 2016, 03:29:16 PM

WPI seems to be a strong 1st round opponent?

No, they haven't played anyone good; SOS of .463; did beat Kings by 19 on a neutral court.

saratoga

Agree.
For a undefeated host...was hoping for someone with a few more blemishes.

Oh well.

Kind of neat that a former all time great player & a former Lady Royal coach will be going head to head on Friday.

So much for Dave's suggestion that the NCAA doesn't want that many from the same Region playing at Scranton.
How does 3 of the 4 teams sound...inclusive of one we play each year?
Not feeling the diversity here, Dave.

As I said, when it comes down to the Selection Committee following their own plans...buyer beware.

ronk

Quote from: saratoga on February 29, 2016, 04:08:34 PM
Agree.
For a undefeated host...was hoping for someone with a few more blemishes.

Oh well.

Kind of neat that a former all time great player & a former Lady Royal coach will be going head to head on Friday.

So much for Dave's suggestion that the NCAA doesn't want that many from the same Region playing at Scranton.
How does 3 of the 4 teams sound...inclusive of one we play each year?
Not feeling the diversity here, Dave.

As I said, when it comes down to the Selection Committee following their own plans...buyer beware.

Cabrini did get moved to the Atlantic Region this year.

San Juan

I am undecided!should I go to Ohio or stay home and see the Ladies.This is the part that tears me up!

ronk

Quote from: San Juan on February 29, 2016, 04:44:54 PM
I am undecided!should I go to Ohio or stay home and see the Ladies.This is the part that tears me up!

Looks like 1/2 hour north of Columbus - that's 7 1/2 hours for me; looks like I'll go see the ladies instead. The last 2 years, they've shown the video of the men's game in the DeNaples Center and then we walk over and watch the women play the late game. The women are the more likely to be playing the 2nd weekend, too. 

saratoga

Ronk:
Same for me...I'll try & see what I can of the men's online & get to the women's game.
Good call on Cabrini now in the Atlantic.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Actually... Cabrini has been in the Atlantic Region for a few years now... they moved the same year Catholic and half of the Landmark got put back in the Mid-Atlantic. Last season was the first with the new regional set-up, this is the second.

And the women's committee was hit or miss with their pods being creative. Some of them were very nice, some others disappointing.

It sounds like they took the part about no one who has a team involved being part of the call to the extreme. There were up to three coaches or more off the call at any one time even during bracketing (Committee Chair basically barely took part the entire night). Whereas the men didn't have one coach come off the call because none of them were involved. This is the extreme in both cases and I think it needs to be looked into. I completely understand not worrying about someone getting an unfair advantage when it comes to their own team... but to have half the committee forced off the call seems a bit too much.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.