WBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronk

Yes, my projection is that the Lady Royals will be playing the winner of that final regular season game between Moravian and Catholic in the 1st round of the playoffs. After 2 OT battles with Moravian, I'll be hoping it's Catholic.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

saratoga

Dave,

Over the course of the last 5 years or so, the NCAA came out with their first Regional Ranking during the first week in Feb.

Last year it was released on this date, Feb. 5th.

Any idea why it's being delayed, how many there will be & when the first will be released?

Thanks

saratoga

Somewhat surprised the Goucher AD isn't staying on till the end of the semester.

Guess he wants to get to NYC in time for St. Patrick's Day.

mailsy

Quote from: saratoga on February 05, 2018, 07:07:40 PM

Dave,

Over the course of the last 5 years or so, the NCAA came out with their first Regional Ranking during the first week in Feb.

Last year it was released on this date, Feb. 5th.

Any idea why it's being delayed, how many there will be & when the first will be released?

Thanks

It usually gets released the first Wednesday of February
Cabrini Cavaliers 2012 National Runner-Up.
First official poster on the Atlantic East forum board.

saratoga

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The Regional Rankings have nothing to do with the date, but where in the season things are.

The first regional ranking are released the Wednesday three weeks prior to the end of the season. This year, that is Feb. 25. Count back three Wednesdays and we arrive at Feb. 7. :)

As for Goucher's AD, I won't speak for him, but he chose to make a move he felt was best for the department and himself. Leaving on March 16th just seemed to be best from his point of view. I think in many ways he would have stayed to the very end, but this time it felt better to take a break.

Please understand, there is only so much I can say about it. Geoff and I have known each other for over 22 years (I arrived at Goucher a year after he started there). I know a lot more about the decision, the process, and what-not, but I won't speak on it. Just understand, all aspects of this was his decision and he made it on his own.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

saratoga

Glad he was able to call the shot on his departure.

After all those years, certainly beats the alternative.

Rofrog

Drew vs Scranton pushed back until Thursday at 7 due to weather.WomensBasketball

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

saratoga

Somewhat surprised to see Marymount ranked higher than CNU when the Captainettes have a better record & just blasted Marymount last week by 18.

Other than those two being in the wrong order, looks about right.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: saratoga on February 07, 2018, 05:46:34 PM

Somewhat surprised to see Marymount ranked higher than CNU when the Captainettes have a better record & just blasted Marymount last week by 18.

They split the season... that may be a wash, considering both won on their respective home courts, in the eye's of the committee. Marymount has a significant advantage in SOS. MU: .586... CNU: .540. I can see some reasons at least initially to give Marymount the slight advantage for now.

Not all the data is considered this first week.

saratoga

Correct.....A lot can happen between this initial ranking & the last in two weeks.

A great time of year (minus the weather).

Swish3

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on February 07, 2018, 05:48:57 PM

They split the season... that may be a wash, considering both won on their respective home courts, in the eye's of the committee. Marymount has a significant advantage in SOS. MU: .586... CNU: .540. I can see some reasons at least initially to give Marymount the slight advantage for now.

Yep, it's gotta be the disparity in SOS...I'm hoping CNU has a stronger out of conference schedule next season, given the departure of two CAC schools.

ronk

Quote from: Swish3 on February 08, 2018, 08:50:50 AM
Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on February 07, 2018, 05:48:57 PM

Yep, it's gotta be the disparity in SOS...I'm hoping CNU has a stronger out of conference schedule next season, given the departure of two CAC schools.

And to face that prospective stronger ooc schedule next season, CNU is the leading choice of 2 seniors of which I'm aware.