WBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rofrog

NEPAFAN

Stating a record is not bashing. In fact you owe Dean and Harry an apology, or you could offer to do play by play on your own.
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

Rofrog

And I'm stating a fact.Sorry it butt hurts you but the truth usually does.I owe no one an apology for which I have my opinion.

NEPAFAN

Quote from: Rofrog on February 22, 2018, 08:28:20 PM
And I'm stating a fact.Sorry it butt hurts you but the truth usually does.I owe no one an apology for which I have my opinion.

You stating a fact or an opinion? I am sure Dean would love to have you up for a halftime interview, let's see how you sound on the air.
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

Rofrog

My opinion is based on you saying I owe them an apology!The fact of the story is they are still not that good.Like I said I have been to alot of d3 games and there are alot of Students broadcasting the game that do a better job.Go back to guys side of the Landmark Thats right there out.Smh

saratoga

And on the 23rd. day, they began to eat their young....

Let's get back to basketball.

Not everyone appreciates the same coach or broadcast team the same way.

In Boston, some loved Farrell, management didn't.
Some love Jerry Remy, others don't.

In New York, some thought Gerardi was a God, others thought he was the second coming of Satan.
Some love John Sterling, others despise him.

In Baltimore, some Believe in Buck, others want him out.
Some love Jim Palmer, others find him self serving.

Probably even some that didn't enjoy Keith Jackson or Vin Scully (hard as that is to believe).

It's ok, it's just one persons view.

Absolutely no reason to infer some horrible injustice has been done because of a different perspective.

On three, you guys need a bro-hug.

1, 2,  :o

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

I have no skin in this game, but who doesn't like John Sterling?  I think he's great, especially for the Yankees... oh, maybe that's why people don't like him.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

NEPAFAN

This is d3basketball and we are making comparisons to professionals?

Sterling is a clown Ryan.

Has this whole forum lost its mind?  ;D
Vince Lombardi

mailsy

Quote from: NEPAFAN on February 24, 2018, 08:07:09 AM
This is d3basketball and we are making comparisons to professionals?

Sterling is a clown Ryan.

Has this whole forum lost its mind?  ;D

Yes.  ;D
Cabrini Cavaliers 2012 National Runner-Up.
First official poster on the Atlantic East forum board.

saratoga

NEPA:

Come on, you're an intelligent guy, look big picture.

My point is simply that in a group of fans regardless of the sport, there will be differences on coaching philosophy, playing surface, fan base, best concessions & yes, even broadcast teams be it at the DIII level or above.

By the way, Sterling is evil...as is the Empire.  ;)

ronk

Congrats to the Lady Royals on another conference championship(6th Landmark in 11 years & 24th, overall). It was a gritty win, usually the case going against the conference runner-up in the 3rd meeting of the season. Good prep for the coming NCAA tourney when the demands of instant reaction and anticipation are bigger factors than during the regular season. As noted elsewhere, the team is relatively young and still growing in their big game experience. To their credit, however, they have won all 4 OT games this year.
  Wrt OT, I had a discussion with Coach Woodruff at the game @ Catholic last month about the foul vs defend scenario(3-pt lead/under 10secs/opponent's ball) which came up in the 1st OT game this season(Messiah in December); thought there was an agreement to foul but maybe he forgot today.  ;D

Rofrog

Ronk:He had feehry fouling Gracie Stauffer but the ref never called it.

NEPAFAN

why wasn't this game played in prime time? Congrats to the ladies and the entire program.
Vince Lombardi

ronk

Quote from: Rofrog on February 24, 2018, 07:39:18 PM
Ronk:He had feehry fouling Gracie Stauffer but the ref never called it.

Guess you're going to have to foul the ball possessor.

Rofrog

Ronk I guarantee she shoots that again she misses 9 out of 10 mann was all over her.It wasn't an open shot.But he was trying to foul gracie but the ref never called it and it was right on front of the ref.They also set up a great screen but Mann recovered and was in her face.