WBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saratoga

Somewhat of an upset...Marymount knocks off Christopher Newport, also by a point.

Kate P's Cabrini club wins & gets the automatic.

Some games still to be played tomorrow that may have a bearing on which teams will be headed to the Electric City on Friday.

Rofrog

Saratoga,Ronk,Nepafan any thoughts on Scrantons first game in the NCAA I will take a shot Valley Forge vs Scranton in 1st round

ronk

In my annual bid to help the NCAA with their bracketing, here's the half of the bracket that I care about :

#1 Amherst (TCNJ,Skidmore,Mt St Mary)
#2 Tufts (UNE,Keuka,Cabrini)
#3 Scranton (Marymount,SUNY-Geneseo,Stevens)
#4 Bowdoin (St Joe(ME),FDU,SUNY-Old Westbury)
#5 Rochester (Juniata,MIT,Hilbert)
#6 Montclair St (Gettysburg,Randolph-Macon,Mass-Boston)
#7 Messiah (CNU,Staten Island,Becker)
#8 Brooklyn (Roger Williams,Albright,Westfield St)

Sectional rounds (1-8 & 2-7; 3-6 & 4-5)

Rofrog

Looks like you have been doing it for awhile Ronk.I like it.

ronk

Quote from: Rofrog on February 24, 2018, 07:39:18 PM
Ronk:He had feehry fouling Gracie Stauffer but the ref never called it.

Watched the replay; ball was inbound to Anstine; she had the ball for almost 2 secs before she passed to Atkinson; that was plenty of time to foul her; didn't look to me like Feehery tried to foul her.

Rofrog

That was right from the horses mouth just saying.Because he was screaming at feehry just saying

Rofrog

Ronk tell you the truth I didn't even see her out there(Stauffer).Even the group around me said you need to foul.Maybe it was a miss communication out there
But Coach is a great coach I doubt he would let them tie the game but who knows.

saratoga

Apparently the "big" he was referring to was Morgan Instone as she only shoots at 58%.

I watched the replay & Gracie wasn't even in the game at that point.

Too risky, all eyes are on where the ball is at that time, need to make the foul apparent.

The no-call that amazes me is right at the end of OT, Juniata lines up with .05 seconds left & Gracie runs right over Sophia right in front of the ref...he sees it because he shakes his head no & refuses to blow the whistle.
It's apparent that she initiates contact to hopefully get a call...it's just that the call should have been player control, Lady Royals ball.

Oh well, regardless...a happy ending.

My crack at the Scranton pod...

Scranton vs. Becker

Cabrini vs. Stevens.

I think Marymount will host over Brooklyn & Juniata will be somewhere in Ohio or possibly Thomas More.

Not so sure Albright makes the cut.

What a season these kids have put together.

Hope the old house is rocking next weekend!

lefty2

I can't help but wonder if Rofrog, NEPAfan, Saratoga and Ronk unknowingly sit next to each at Scranton games and then come on here and bicker with each other.  I'm guessing one of them is Trevor's mom.
The person who says something can't be done shouldn't stand in the way of the one who's doing it.

ronk

Just carrying on the tradition from the MAC-Freedom days of Cold Case and Colonel John    ::)

lefty2

Colonel John and the late Cold Case didn't root for the same team though.
The person who says something can't be done shouldn't stand in the way of the one who's doing it.

saratoga

I think the good Colonel was a closet Royal.  ;)

Big game up at Amherst today.

Tufts finally has their starters all back and they just might pull it off in Mammothville.

NEPAFAN

Quote from: lefty2 on February 25, 2018, 10:06:10 AM
I can't help but wonder if Rofrog, NEPAfan, Saratoga and Ronk unknowingly sit next to each at Scranton games and then come on here and bicker with each other.  I'm guessing one of them is Trevor's mom.

We do, we also put in a deposit on the 2018-2019 for a box at the long center. They don't want us sitting next to the general population.
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

kate

Ronk, does Albright get a spot because they beat Tufts?  That's be great!

ronk

Quote from: kate on February 25, 2018, 03:32:45 PM
Ronk, does Albright get a spot because they beat Tufts?  That's be great!

Kate,
The victory over Tufts would be contributory - a win, vrro positive result, increase in SOS for playing them; Albright is probably on the bubble; listen to hoopsville tonight ~ 6:30 for their run at pool C selection.