Pool B

Started by Ralph Turner, October 01, 2005, 02:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-Mack

Quote from: dc_has_been on October 28, 2010, 12:24:38 PM
I hate to ask this, especially when I could just do the research and find out myself, but how many pool B's are there this year?

It's not even really research so much as clicking the FAQ or reading the blog or the ATN column, where we continually mention the basics over and over, knowing people are new to Division III or the playoffs or forget over the offseason.

I think I'll stick with the rest of the board in making you work for it instead of just telling you though :D
Former author, Around the Nation ('01-'13)
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Voter, Top 25/Play of the Week/Gagliardi Trophy/Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year
Nastradamus, Triple Take
and one of the two voices behind the sonic #d3fb nerdery that is the ATN Podcast.

jam40jeff

Quote from: HScoach on October 28, 2010, 12:49:26 PM
2 more than there should be.......

You do understand how they calculate the number of Pool B teams that make it, right?  Or do you just think UWW and UMU should be the only teams to make the playoffs?

HScoach

Quote from: jam40jeff on October 29, 2010, 07:39:47 AM

You do understand how they calculate the number of Pool B teams that make it, right?  Or do you just think UWW and UMU should be the only teams to make the playoffs?

You do understand a joke right?  Yeesz, lighten up Francis.

And no, I don't want only Mount and Whitewater to immediately go straight to Salem.  The best part of the season is the ride getting to Salem, not the actual Stagg itself.

I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

jam40jeff

Quote from: HScoach on October 29, 2010, 08:05:27 AM
You do understand a joke right?

Yeah, they're supposed to be funny.

dc_has_been

K-Mack,

Thanks!  I did finally just go to the faq's and look it up.  I didn't know whether the number of pool B slots change over time due to more conferences getting the aq bid.    I should have known better ;D
"If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging."
Will Rogers
"If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given us arms."
Mike Ditka

Pat Coleman

Quote from: dc_has_been on October 29, 2010, 09:04:42 AM
K-Mack,

Thanks!  I did finally just go to the faq's and look it up.  I didn't know whether the number of pool B slots change over time due to more conferences getting the aq bid.    I should have known better ;D

They may change. But we keep up in the FAQ. And I just wrote a blog about it not two days ago.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

wally_wabash

Somebody's got Pool A envy.   :)
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

jam40jeff

Quote from: wally_wabash on October 29, 2010, 11:40:14 AM

You do understand how they calculate the number of Pool B teams that make it, right?  Or do you just think UWW and UMU should be the only teams to make the playoffs?

Somebody's got Pool B envy.   :)

Fixed that for you.

wally_wabash

Wow.  Aren't we testy today, j4j?  Just having a little fun...go have yourself a halloween-themed cupcake and count to ten.  Nobody's out to get you, I promise.
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

Ralph Turner

IMHO, SUNY-Maritime is one win away from a Pool B bid.

As to who will get the third Pool B bid, I think that we need to see the Regional Rankings to figure out the Salisbury/CWRU/other UAA/Norwich tangle.

HSC85

Salisbury has only two losses and both to undefeated teams that are in the Regional Rankings.  They are only 7 points away from an undefeated record.  I would consider them one of the top 32 teams to be considered for the tournament.

Ralph Turner

Results versus Regionally Ranked opponents may help Salisbury.

The thing that will help Salisbury is if a USA South Champion Pool A CNU makes it into the final South Region Ranking to give Salisbury a 1-2 record versus Regionally Ranked teams.  CNU at 6-4 is probably a reach.

In any case, Salisbury beat the co-leaders in the USA South, NCWC and CNU.  CNU currently has the tie-breaker.

ADL70

Leading in the front page poll: Greenville.

Seriously Greenville (6-3)?
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

Pat Coleman

Greenville represents on our site. Where are the Case fans?
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

jam40jeff

Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 01, 2010, 10:31:30 AM
Greenville represents on our site. Where are the Case fans?

Could we change the name from Poll to Popularity Contest?