MBB: Centennial Conference

Started by swish, March 01, 2005, 04:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Coleman

Certainly a good sign for F&M.

Welcome aboard, by the way.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

old ends

Quote from: Reserved Seat on January 20, 2008, 05:50:55 PM
Does the bonus pick count in the conference picks?
Na-- just for fun. If it were two conference teams maybe then, but Phila Bible is a down the road type of game.
Did it just to keep activity going on the board.

Diplofan-- good post, join the pick-em's, never to late. Suetonius nice observation.
Quote from: Reserved Seat on January 20, 2008, 05:50:55 PM
I see my luck is still holding.  With a different outcome in the two overtime games, my picks wouldn't look as good.
And mine the other way, if I could borrow your luck.

old ends

Here is a nice article about the F & M - Muhlenberg game in the Lancaster Sunday Paper.
http://local.lancasteronline.com/4/215405

And a recap of Dickinson- Washington's o/t game:
http://www.cumberlink.com/articles/2008/01/20/sports/sports651.txt

Also the Stats including this weekends games are below:
http://www.centennial.org/basketball/Men/2008stats/CONFLDRS.HTM

Ursinus still leadnig in scoring offense pulling ahead more so thenn last weeks stats.

enjoy

Reserved Seat

John Hopkins--McDaniel has seemed to lost their early season success-other teams taking them
                     seriously
Ursinus--too much for Haverford to handle
Swarthmore--one for the home team
F & M--time to see if they have jelled enough to take on the upper teams
Muhlenberg--due for a win after two tough losses

old ends

Sometimes, it seems, that you look at the stats and go with the logical. Some I forgetting about this past weekend and trying a different systems.

1/23/08 picks

Hopkins
Ursinus-- still think they can sweep the Conference
Swarthmore- they need one in the conference
F & M -- Young guns have nothing but experience to gain
Muhlenberg- Just time I guess

Will post results 1/24.
Will post 1/26 games tomorrow night

thanks and good luck

old ends

All those who picked Swarthmore for th 1/21 pick-em fun game, Got it right
Swarthmore 82-- Phila Bible 41

Leo

1/23 picks:

Muhlenberg
Gettysburg
Ursinus (will spank Haverford to avenge last year's semi-finals defeat)
Hopkins
Swarthmore (they are a roll now)

r.w. mcnickels

1/23 picks:

Muhlenberg - Mules should enjoy returning to the confines of Memorial Hall
Gettysburg - By about seven over F&M.  Young Dips just aren't ready for prime time, and they might still be without Scovill.
Ursinus - Bears in a razor close finish at Haverford.
Johns Hopkins - Jays continue to find ways to win tight games.
Swarthmore - Big game expected from McCormick.

diplomaniac1

Gentlemen -

1/23 Picks:

McDaniel @ Hopkins:   Hopkins. Should be a tough close game. Game is hard to call. Arrington out for McDaniel and Hopkins is improving thoughout the season. Jays always tough at home. Slight edge to Coach Nelson and the Jays.

Ursinus @ Haverford:   Ursinus. I can't help but wonder if the Fords will ever live up to their pre-season potential this year. I think they are a very good team but their record doesn't show that. I keep expecting more from them.

Washington @ Swarthmore:   Swarthmore. The Garnet are due for a big win and they are much better than their record indicaates.

F&M @ Gettysburg:   Gettysburg. I really wanted to go with my heart here, but the Bullets are the the more logical choice of my brain. I don't know what Scovill's status is. They willl really miss is offense if he cant go. Although the young Dips are steadily improving, they haven't demonstrated an ability to win on the road yet. Bream is always a tough place for the Dips to play.

Good luck and regards to all!

Eric

r.w. mcnickels

Quote from: diplomaniac1 on January 23, 2008, 11:08:47 AM
I can't help but wonder if the Fords will ever live up to their pre-season potential this year. I think they are a very good team but their record doesn't show that. I keep expecting more from them.

Eric-

Couldn't agree more.  I thought the Fords would win 17 or 18 games this year.  They still might surprise some people, maybe even tonight.

diplomaniac1

1/23 Pick -

forgot to include the Dickinson@ Muhlenberg game - Dickinson.

Eric

old ends

1/26/08 Pick-em's

F & M                   @    McDaniel
Haverford              @   Gettysburg
Washington           @    Muhlenberg
Dickinson              @    John Hopkins
Swarthmore          @     Ursinus

Good Luck...

for 1/23

Look Like Hopkins and Ursinus were the only teams picked by everyone-- so therefore we could have me slip even down more in the rankings.

have fun

Leo

1/26 picks

Hopkins
McDaniel
Gettysburg
Muhlenberg
Ursinus

This weekend set of games appears the easiest to pick except for F&M vs McDaniels. Could go either way, but home court tends to rule.

We are half way thru the season, and I was wondering if there have been any surprises - good or bad. As for me, I am surprised about Haverford and Swarthmore. I expected their record to be better. McCormack at Swarthmore does not have enough weapons around him. But last night's win should be positive for the rest of the schedule because McCormack fouled out and Swartmore didn't have him for the 2OT and most of the 1st OT. This may give confidence to the rest of the team. As for Haverford, I expected Chaz to do more and compete for POY with Shattuck. As for Gettysburg, Dorsey is struggling and I expected the team to compete better even though they got spanked by the Bears twice. So let's see what the 2nd half of the season brings  ::)

D.B. Cooper

Picks for 1/26:

McDaniel: F&M may contend but after dropping battle to Gburg am not sure the are ready for Antietam

G-burg: Fords appearance at Bream could work out as well as Pickett's

M-berg: Mules stubborn on home tiles

Dickinson: Upset over JHU as a guess

Ursinus: Give SWAT less chance than a tired salmon vs a hungry Kodiak

old ends

Suetonics--can you say P.U.N.

Great stuff.