BB: NCAC: North Coast Athletic Conference

Started by woosterbooster, December 29, 2005, 03:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

old scot

FYI. Former Wooster shortstop, John Quimby is on the roster of Otterbien. He was a very productive 2 year starter at Woo.

countyroad

It seems like there's been quite a few players leaving the program after a year or two at Wooster.  Is this something that just started recently or did I just not notice it in years past?  Perhaps this is pretty common and I'm mistaken.

ScotsFan

Quote from: countyroad on March 11, 2009, 07:35:16 AM
CoW swept a doubleheader yesterday beating Ohio Wesleyan 6-5 in game 1 and Charleston 19-5 in game two.  No stats available at this time.  I got both scores from the opponents web pages.  It would be nice to see the Scots get into a groove.
I too would like to see the Scots get into a nice groove after sputtering a bit out of the gates and while I don't know if I'd call it a groove just yet, the Scots have won 4 in a row now after defeating Defiance yesterday 8-1!  :)

Wooster is averaging just under 11 runs per game over their modest 4 game win streak and allowing just under 4 runs per game!

Wooster will put their win streak on the line as they face Benedictine (IL) today and tomorrow and Lakeland on Sunday!

ScotsFan

Wooster's win streak is now 7 and counting!  Wooster swept Benedictine winning 5-3 on Friday and 5-0 on Saturday.  And Wooster defeated Lakeland yesterday 7-0 for their 2nd straight shutout. 

Wooster will put their win streak on the line today as they face Carthage who is 3-0 on their young season with a win over OWU on their resume.

countyroad

Make that 8 in a row for the Scots after defeating Carthage yesterday 9-5 in 11 innings.  Wooster plays Minnesota Deluth today.

They're in that "groove" alright.

ScotsFan

Quote from: countyroad on March 17, 2009, 07:46:13 AM
They're in that "groove" alright.
:D Yes!  I would say they now qualify as being in that 'groove' as well!!!  8)

countyroad

I don't like the number of errors this team is committing.  John Warren had two errors at third yesterday and that gives him 6 on the year.  He's only batting .250 or so as well.  Hopefully he can get going too.  I'm sure he's frustrated.

Any word on how Matt Barnes is recovering?

ScotsFan

Quote from: countyroad on March 17, 2009, 12:16:57 PM
I don't like the number of errors this team is committing.
It's really nothing new with Wooster teams.  They currently have a fielding percentage of .951 as a team which isn't all that good.  Last year they finished the year at .952 which was good enough for 111th in DIII.   

And, when you go back to the 2000 season, the Scots have had an average feilding percentage of just .953.  They've been as good as .968 back in '02 which is also the only year they finished above .960 over that span.  And they've been as bad as .938 back in 2000.

So in reality, fielding has never been a real strong point of Wooster baseball in recent years...  ???

countyroad

ScotsFan-

Yeah I know about their fielding woes over the years, but it still bugs me.  I guess they only have so much practice time and the majority of that time is spent in the batting cages.

Hey, they're getting the wins.  Lets keep it going.

ScotsFan

Quote from: countyroad on March 17, 2009, 05:54:09 PM
Hey, they're getting the wins.  Lets keep it going.
That's the all important stat anyways contryroad!  8)

And keep it going the Scots did yesterday downing Minn-Deluth by the score of 5-3. 

Wooster is off today before taking on 16th ranked UW-Whitewater on Thursday and then they finish up their Florida trip with a 4 game set of conference games against Allegheny.  According to Allegheny's schedule, Friday's DH is to be played at the Indians' old spring training grounds at Chain of Lakes Park in Winter Haven.

DelawareCityMan

O.W.U. readied itself on Wednesday with a 7-6 victory over #3 Heidelberg in Delaware, OH.  The Bishops used 5 different pitchers during the contest, 3 of which were Freshmen, giving up just 9 hits and 3 Earned Runs, while striking out 8 and allowing just 1 walk.  Freshmen James DeBiasio and Senior Logan Hronis led the 8-hit Wesleyan attack with 2 hits apiece, while Junior Steve Ruygrok had the big hit, a 3-run blast, the team's first long ball of the season.

Ohio Wesleyan will take their 6-6 record to Crawfordsville, IN on Saturday to open up NCAC play taking on the Little Giants of Wabash.

countyroad

Congrats to OWU.

The CoW was defeated today by Wisconsin Whitewater 6-5.  No box score up, but I'll be interested to see how things shook out.

ScotsFan

Nice win for the Bishops yesterday! 

As for Wooster, the streak had to end sometime and at least it was a respectable result to a prominent and nationally ranked program like Whitewater.

DenisonFan

DenisonFan