BB: NCAC: North Coast Athletic Conference

Started by woosterbooster, December 29, 2005, 03:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mideastfan

Quote from: OWUBaseballRocks on May 16, 2007, 06:23:56 PM
I find it funny the Wooster administration picks TODAY of all days to have the power outage, leaving the website down only after Wooster plays their games....leaving the live stats updates unavailable for games 2 and 3.  NOT PLEASED.  Not only that, but of course Otterbein's audio is not working either.  Bad Wooster. BAD.

Rem is trowing for Otterbein, Jones throwing great for OWU.  In the middle of the 7th inning, game tied 2-2.

**** agreed on the website being down, but I'm guessing that has more to do with the college and not as much with the baseball tournament.

Spence

Ask me if I'm surprised. Ballpark doesn't have high speed Internet either. It's not like Wooster didn't know when the regional was and couldn't have coordinated this months ago in case they hosted. Imagine if it was at Wooster; all the drinks would get cold! :)

OWUrocks: Otterbein's audio has never worked for me, btu works for others I know. I can only guess there's some compatibility issue.

mideastfan

OWU just scored 2 in the top of the 8th to tie the game 4-4.  Heading to the middle of the 8th, both starters are still in the game.

ScotsFan

Quote from: old scot on May 16, 2007, 02:23:57 PM
Maybe their short coming as a team is from questionable coaching moves. Sampson is in the groove giving up 2 hits in 8 1/3rd. Pettorini pulls him with a runner on first and inserts a freshman Miller, who eventually loads the bases before getting the finial 2 outs. In the tournament you have to live and die with your horse. I saw no reason to make this move. Also Wooster bats were silent, getting only 3 hits I beleave. The no.1 team in the land will have to do more than that if they wish to advance.
I'm not really worried about the bats.  Waite is a pretty good pitcher and Wooster is fortunate they were able to get enough to get the win and stay in the winner's bracket. 

As for the questionable coaching decision, I was right there with you wondering what Pettorini was doing there?  Yes, Samson had given up an infield hit to start the inning, but it was a weather aided dribbler that got caught up in the wet grass.  Of the 3 hits Samson allowed on the day, the HR was the only one to get out of the infield!  Samson then came back and fanned the next batter only to have Pettorini come and remove him.  The only thing I can think of to defend Pettorini is that it was a matchup move.  He wanted a righty-righty matchup maybe? 

One thing for sure, I think it's safe to say that Miller proved his worth today.  With runners on the corners and one out, Miller forced a groundout in which the Scots were able to catch the runner at 3rd in a rundown.  Then, Miller proceeded to walk the next batter, only to come back and strike out his final batter when there was no place to put him and the pressure of knowing that 2 runs were probably going to score on a base hit.  As much as I questioned the move to take out Samson, I was almost equally pleased to see the freshman get put under the coals straight away and come out unscathed.  Talk about a confidence builder for a freshman!

Did anyone see that score from the Ferrum Regional?  Methodist scored 3 tds to beat Bridgewater 21-14?! :P  Either those 2 teams have NO pitching or they just have some incredibly talented hitting teams!  I thought you were supposed to bring out your best pitchers in the opening round of the tournament!  If that's the best Methodist and Bridgewater have got, then they both won't be around very long!

Spence

Methodist won by 7, Wooster won by 1 and was one hit away from losing it. I don't think you've got a whole lot of room to talk about cutting it close.

Three hits apiece. One home run apiece. The only thing to choose between the teams really was the error. I'd just be thanking my lucky stars that you won a game you very easily could have lost if I were you and not worrying so much about how long other teams might be around.

countyroad

Quote from: Spence on May 16, 2007, 07:33:49 PM
Three hits apiece. One home run apiece. The only thing to choose between the teams really was the error. I'd just be thanking my lucky stars that you won a game you very easily could have lost if I were you and not worrying so much about how long other teams might be around.

A little hypocritical don't you think? 

Scot's Fan-
  Interesting news on the Methodist game.  That's something you don't expect to see.

OWUBaseballRocks

I am sad Wooster has worse connection issues than OWU.  I didn't think it could get much worse, but leave it to the College of Wooster networking department to screw me over.  Hopefully they have their crap together for tomorrow's games because if I miss two games in a row, I'm going to be more than hot.  Thanks for the guys that tried to keep up with the updates...I appreciate it.  Sad that even some Wooster fans wanted to know what was happening and couldn't even get it.

countyroad

It was definitely annoying, but you don't know exactly what happened.  Call em' and find out. 

old scot

ScotsFan, I don't think a righty-righty matchup is in equation when your ace is on the hill. To me, it sounded as if Miller was lucky to escape without the lose. He couldn't find the plate with any consistancy. A heads up play by the third basemen cuts down the tying run at the plate and the last batter hits 2 ropes just foul before whiffing. Lucky day for the Scots.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Spence on May 16, 2007, 06:39:55 PM
Ask me if I'm surprised. Ballpark doesn't have high speed Internet either. It's not like Wooster didn't know when the regional was and couldn't have coordinated this months ago in case they hosted. Imagine if it was at Wooster; all the drinks would get cold! :)

OWUrocks: Otterbein's audio has never worked for me, btu works for others I know. I can only guess there's some compatibility issue.

I doubt that the entire campus revolves around Wooster baseball.

We did offer scoreboard services to all eight regionals earlier in the week, however, and Wooster declined.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

countyroad

Pat-
  The games are not played on Wooster's campus.  They're played almost an hour away in Strongsville.

ScotsFan

Quote from: Spence on May 16, 2007, 07:33:49 PM
Methodist won by 7, Wooster won by 1 and was one hit away from losing it. I don't think you've got a whole lot of room to talk about cutting it close.

Glad to see the old Spence is back?!  Way to take an innocent observation and twist it entirely out of proportion?! ::)  Maybe if you would read my entire post you would see that in my first comments I stated that Wooster was fortunate to come away with the win!  Bottom line is it was a Wooster win!

Just when you think Spence can't get any more annoying, he goes and proves you wrong!!! ???

Quote from: old scot on May 16, 2007, 07:55:08 PM
ScotsFan, I don't think a righty-righty matchup is in equation when your ace is on the hill. 
I agree, I was just trying to figure out why Pettorini would make such a move.  Why even let Samson go out in the 9th if he was on such a short leash? 

Quote from: old scot on May 16, 2007, 07:55:08 PM
Lucky day for the Scots.
Yes indeed.  While there was no luck involved in the way Samson dominated once again today, Pettoini is definately lucky that move to Miller didn't backfire on him costing his team a win. 

Besides, what's that old saying?  Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good! :P

Quote from: OWUBaseballRocks on May 16, 2007, 07:47:35 PM
I am sad Wooster has worse connection issues than OWU.  I didn't think it could get much worse, but leave it to the College of Wooster networking department to screw me over.  Hopefully they have their crap together for tomorrow's games because if I miss two games in a row, I'm going to be more than hot.  Thanks for the guys that tried to keep up with the updates...I appreciate it.  Sad that even some Wooster fans wanted to know what was happening and couldn't even get it.
Maybe you should be bitching at the fact that OWU doesn't have any feeds instead of bitching about Wooster!  Wooster's  sports information department is 2nd to none in most instances.  Today, there was a situation that arose ON CAMPUS that was totally out of the control of what was happening IN STRONGSVILLE.  But because OWU doesn't seem to offer any type of live scoring or anything of the sort, it's suddenly Wooster's sports information dept's fault for the COW maintenance dept shutting down power to campus?!  Classic?! ??? ::)

Quote from: Spence on May 16, 2007, 06:39:55 PM
And lastly, what a surprise?  Spence finding something more to bitch about Wooster and their being the hosts of this regional!  What were the admistrators at Wooster thinking not scheduling these sorts of things around the dates of a baseball regional that Wooster may or may not be playing in or may or may not be hosting?!  Damn that College of Wooster admistration for not digging out that crystal ball or breaking out the tarot cards to predict the future so this could have all been avoided! ???

Pat Coleman

Quote from: countyroad on May 16, 2007, 08:13:59 PM
Pat-
  The games are not played on Wooster's campus.  They're played almost an hour away in Strongsville.

I'm aware of that but I kinda figured wooster.edu was run from Wooster's campus somewhere.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

countyroad

woosterbooster

Quote from: OWUBaseballRocks on May 16, 2007, 06:23:56 PM
I find it funny the Wooster administration picks TODAY of all days to have the power outage, leaving the website down only after Wooster plays their games....leaving the live stats updates unavailable for games 2 and 3.  NOT PLEASED.  Not only that, but of course Otterbein's audio is not working either.  Bad Wooster. BAD.

What do you mean you find it FUNNY?  You're implying that they did this on purpose in order to shortchange fans of other schools in some way?  Where do you guys come from with this crap?  Holy smokes!

If you'd been paying any attention to the Mideast Regional page you'd have noticed that as soon as it was posted it was mentioned that the Wooster campus would be without power on Wednesday evening.  There was an apology, in advance.  What the hell do you want?