BB: 2018 Sauget (Central) Regional: GCS Ballpark, Sauget, Ill.

Started by Ralph Turner, May 07, 2018, 01:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Turner

Quote from: y_jack_lok on May 18, 2018, 09:26:41 AM
No "upsets" yesterday -- the 1-4 seeds each won. Schedule for today has been adjusted due to rain: http://websterathletics.com/news/2018/5/18/baseball-weather-forces-adjustment-to-ncaa-central-regional-schedule.aspx
In the West Region, all three upper seeds lost.

(But my opinion of the West Region is that it is so balanced, that Seeding is perfunctory...)

BigPoppa

Quote from: cubs on May 18, 2018, 11:47:47 AM
Big Poppa stopping by to give obligatory postseason "upset" line in 3, 2, 1....   ;D
"There is no such thing as an upset in the post-season! Everyone still playing is good!"

How'd I do?!  :)
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

cubs

Quote from: BigPoppa on May 19, 2018, 12:15:28 AM
Quote from: cubs on May 18, 2018, 11:47:47 AM
Big Poppa stopping by to give obligatory postseason "upset" line in 3, 2, 1....   ;D
"There is no such thing as an upset in the post-season! Everyone still playing is good!"

How'd I do?!  :)
Just as I remembered!!! ;D
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

TexasBB

UTT came all the way back through the loser's bracket and will take on Rhodes tomorrow for the Regional championship. Tyler avenged its earlier loss to UW Whitewater winning 4-1 tonight to set up tomorrow's showdown. Rhodes is the big surprise in the winners bracket. Both Rhodes and UTT had to beat the #1 and #2 seeds to get this far. Congratulations to both teams!

Jack Parkman

Quote from: TexasBB on May 20, 2018, 09:11:48 PM
UTT came all the way back through the loser's bracket and will take on Rhodes tomorrow for the Regional championship. Tyler avenged its earlier loss to UW Whitewater winning 4-1 tonight to set up tomorrow's showdown. Rhodes is the big surprise in the winners bracket. Both Rhodes and UTT had to beat the #1 and #2 seeds to get this far. Congratulations to both teams!

I'm guessing the boys from Tyler don't have to look further than the opening game of last years West Regional for motivation.

Greek Tragedy

Ouch. Oshkosh and Whitewater both undefeated going into today and both lose twice to get knocked out.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

TexasBB

UT Tyler pulls it out winning 2 from Rhodes today. They were down 4-1 going into the bottom of the 9th in the second game and scored 4 for the win. This was not the most talented UTT team as it was only a 4th seed in its own conference tournament. It did play a tough schedule and held its own against ranked opponents. It had a never say die attitude that carried them through. Last year the team was on paper much better but went 0-2 at its home park as it hosted the West Regional last. Ironically it lost to Rhodes last year.

AllStar