MBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by Board Mod, February 28, 2005, 11:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

unanimous22

Yeah, Raridon is gonna be a beast in this league for the foreseeable future.

Naperick

Naperick

Best of luck to all 4 teams tonight in the CCIW tourney!

NCC has won in Rock Island this year.
So has IWU.
Elmhurst lost by 2 at Carver.

But that all means nothing now.  All 4 teams are good
and among the best 62 in Division 3.  I wish all 4 would
get a bid. 

But only 2 or 3 will.

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Naperick on February 27, 2015, 02:56:39 PM
Best of luck to all 4 teams tonight in the CCIW tourney!

NCC has won in Rock Island this year.
So has IWU.
Elmhurst lost by 2 at Carver.

But that all means nothing now.  All 4 teams are good
and among the best 62 in Division 3.  I wish all 4 would
get a bid. 

But only 2 or 3 will.

Agree on all points.  NCC has no chance at a C - it's AQ or bust.  And I suspect the IWU/Elmhurst game is winner is a lock; loser is in deep doo-doo.

robberki

Quote from: NCC on February 27, 2015, 10:20:19 AM
Quote from: Gregory Sager on February 27, 2015, 12:27:53 AM
Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on February 26, 2015, 10:33:11 PM
WOW!!  I never realized that every single player in the Elmhurst rotation is a junior!  If they continue to progress, they should be odds-on favorites next season.

Whoa. Easy there, big fella. You need to look at Augie's roster, too. Seven of the ten players in Grey Giovanine's rotation are coming back next season ... and that includes five of the six guys who've played more than 19 mpg.

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on February 26, 2015, 10:33:11 PMBut the following season .... :o  (Having such a loaded class can be great when they're seniors, but can be hell the next year, or two or three.)

It all depends upon what John Baines is able to assemble in the classes behind them. At this point, the only commodity that we really know about is Nathan Rogers, although I liked what I saw of Brandon Auker and Chris Parrilli in this season's EC @ NPU JV game. Caleb Mowry might turn into something, too.

The point is, it's way too early to make any judgments about 2016-17 for anybody. Keep in mind that the players he's recruiting right now will be sophomores by then.

Don't write off NCC, boys.. Jayme Moten, Brandon White, Joe Kennell, Irwin Henry, and Kevin Honn all played massive minutes this year and all return. 
Plus, it is safe to say that the #1 recruit coming to the CCIW next year is 6'7 guard Connor Raridon. If NCC can add a big fella to the team, I would say they will be among the top teams in the CCIW next year.

top 8 for sure.

bbfan44

Has anyone seen the youngest Raridon son play? Does he do all the things that his brothe Derekr did, only better?

unanimous22

Quote from: bbfan44 on February 27, 2015, 04:35:39 PM
Has anyone seen the youngest Raridon son play? Does he do all the things that his brothe Derekr did, only better?

Yes, yet another Raridon and yes, I believe the last one.

Only seen him play one time, but has really nice length and can just score. I believe his dad would probably say he's a bit better than Derek at the same point in their careers but that's really just an assumption on my part.

Also remember he's coming from a fairly solid Neuqua Valley program so it isn't like he needs to be scoring 20+ or anything.

CCIW >

Quote from: bbfan44 on February 27, 2015, 04:35:39 PM

Derek was a much better shooter, but Connor does just about everything else better (in comparison to Derek as a senior in high school.) 
Stronger and more physical
Handles the ball as well as a point guard (often times brings it up the floor for his high school team)
Great at creating shots off the dribble (Forces you to place a shorter and quicker defender on him)
Likes to then post up on the shorter guards (Very similar to Peters from Wheaton)
Shoots a lot of free throws and I assume that will continue in college

However, what is really impressive about him is his defense and rebounding.  Two things never used to describe his older brother. 
Always will guard the best player on the floor, even centers if he has to and Always goes hard to the glass.
I expect big things from him over the next four years. His bball IQ is very high

Naperick

Quote from: robberki on February 27, 2015, 03:23:31 PM
WOW!!  I never realized that every single player in the Elmhurst rotation is a junior!  If they continue to progress, they should be odds-on favorites next season.

Whoa. Easy there, big fella. You need to look at Augie's roster, too. Seven of the ten players in Grey Giovanine's rotation are coming back next season ... and that includes five of the six guys who've played more than 19 mpg.

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on February 26, 2015, 10:33:11 PMBut the following season .... :o  (Having such a loaded class can be great when they're seniors, but can be hell the next year, or two or three.)

It all depends upon what John Baines is able to assemble in the classes behind them. At this point, the only commodity that we really know about is Nathan Rogers, although I liked what I saw of Brandon Auker and Chris Parrilli in this season's EC @ NPU JV game. Caleb Mowry might turn into something, too.

The point is, it's way too early to make any judgments about 2016-17 for anybody. Keep in mind that the players he's recruiting right now will be sophomores by then.

Don't write off NCC, boys.. Jayme Moten, Brandon White, Joe Kennell, Irwin Henry, and Kevin Honn all played massive minutes this year and all return. 
Plus, it is safe to say that the #1 recruit coming to the CCIW next year is 6'7 guard Connor Raridon. If NCC can add a big fella to the team, I would say they will be among the top teams in the CCIW next year.

top 8 for sure.

True!  Carroll joins the following year.   ;D

Gregory Sager

North Central is going to need at least two CCIW-ready bigs, not one, in order to be among the top echelon next season. And it's tough enough to find even one; CCIW-quality big men don't grow on trees.

Simultaneously losing Rosenberg and Burchett is a tough blow to North Central. Unless the two 6'5 frosh on this year's Cardinals teams are ready to step up and play at that level next season, the Raridons are going to have to look outside the program for immediate help times two.

Also, everything posted on the Internet that I've seen about Connor Raridon lists him at 6'5, not 6'7.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

unanimous22

The sound on my feed is 1-2 seconds behind the video, sort of frustrating.

If I remember correctly I had this same problem last time I watched an Augie feed.

unanimous22

IWU up 35-32 at half.

Doesn't really feel like they should be, but ended pretty strong. Good games so far from Seibring, Sodemann, Overstreet and Rose for IWU.

bbfan44

Does anyone know if the ref's for the playoffs were picked on some sort of merit system, or just a random rotation?

Gregory Sager

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Naperick

Quote from: Gregory Sager on February 27, 2015, 07:48:52 PM
Illinois Wesleyan 80
Elmhurst 67

Congrats to the Titans!  I think they are in the D3 tourney now.

As for Elmhurst, they probably need some help and some luck.