MBB: State University of New York Athletic Conference

Started by bamm, March 12, 2005, 09:24:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

All-Time

Magicman
Any updates on the Plattsburgh Men's basketball search?
With School at month away, I would assume a decision needs to be made soon.
Give us the inside scoop. ;)

Bengalsrule

Quote from: All-Time on August 05, 2019, 12:13:08 PM
Magicman

My money is on Chris Manning!

magicman

Quote from: Bengalsrule on August 06, 2019, 01:16:16 AM
Quote from: All-Time on August 05, 2019, 12:13:08 PM
Magicman

My money is on Chris Manning!

The search has been narrowed down to a few candidates. That's all I can say at this time.

All-Time

The Clock is ticking Gentlemen!!!
The Magicman's lips are sealed  :-X

Let's Go Cardinals, Lets GOOOOOOOOO

All-Time

The Anticipation is Killing me Magicman.
Come on already?
Who is coaching the Plattsburgh Cardinals next season  ???

magicman

Quote from: All-Time on August 13, 2019, 03:56:28 PM
The Anticipation is Killing me Magicman.
Come on already?
Who is coaching the Plattsburgh Cardinals next season  ???

If it's killing you and you're an Oneonta supporter, what do you think it's doing to me?  Still no word on who it will be. I thought for sure I'd hear something yesterday or today.

hopefan

The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

magicman

Quote from: hopefan on August 16, 2019, 01:27:11 PM
Anyone?  Anyone?   :-\ :-\ :-\

No Anyone here that I know of. He must be on another board. :D

Bengalsrule

Classes at Plattsburgh begin 2 weeks from tomorrow. I gotta believe that  a new coach will be announced this week.  A lot of D3 is walk on participation which means an interest meeting as soon as school starts. Someone will have to take the lead on the by August 26th. And since the cards are 1 of if not the preeminent team in Yac, I don't see them handicapping themselves for the sake taking more time for a coaches selection. That's just not, i don't think, the Cards way.  Ladies and gentle men, id like to introduce the newest Cards coach......... Chris... ;)

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Bengalsrule on August 18, 2019, 10:21:37 AM
A lot of D3 is walk on participation which means an interest meeting as soon as school starts.

I don't think that is true in men's basketball. It might be the case if your program is struggling or has had a bad recruiting class, but I'm sure that the vast, vast majority of student-athletes were recruited.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Pat Coleman on August 18, 2019, 12:43:20 PM
A lot of D3 is walk on participation which means an interest meeting as soon as school starts.

I don't think that is true in men's basketball. It might be the case if your program is struggling or has had a bad recruiting class, but I'm sure that the vast, vast majority of student-athletes were recruited.

There may still be an interest meeting, though, even if it doesn't result in many/any players.  Not sure what the tradition is at Plattsburgh, but it's probably not a super important thing if they don't have a coach for it.  They waited this long, much more important to get the right person.  It also likely indicates they've got lots of faith in the remaining staff to run things.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Bengalsrule

Quote from: Pat Coleman on August 18, 2019, 12:43:20 PM

I should have referenced  (with my knowledge of what transpires within  SUNYAC teams the past 13 seasons), that in the SUNYAC interest meetings ( for Public Institutions) are not a small thing. Speaking solely on YAC !