FB: Middle Atlantic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

DelcoD3

Pretty quiet on the MAC board this year. Pretty good start to the year for the Warriors, especially when you look at the early schedule and the fact they are starting a new sophomore QB this season. The opening loss to Brockport doesn't look so bad now considering how they have played (but it was an ugly game for Lyco).  Another tough one at Albright, but if they can get through this they put themselves in pretty good shape to challenge for the MAC title.

Simba

Lanes

Any "inside" info on the Lions for tomorrow?...Is Baseball Town USA ready for some football?...My HS plays Reading HS at Shirk tonight and my Warriors as you know are there tomorrow afternoon...Pretzel Bowl?...Fez Bowl?...Homecoming?...What's going down?...Close down the Outlets Lanes, the Warriors are (Ly)coming to town!!!...Simba

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Lebanon Valley at Stevenson today. 1 PM kickoff... here is where you can catch the action:

Stevenson Video here.
Stevenson Audio (which is also on the video) here.
Stevenson Live Stats here.
Lebanon Valley audio here.

I also will be tweeting when I can during the game (@davemchugh) or follow the hashtags #SUMustangs #lvcfb and of course #d3fb.

Enjoy!!!
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

kate

Gordon Mann's audio from the Aggie/FDU game has been totally lost.   The feed was really poor from the start with all kinds of over sound bites and ads competing with Gordon's call of the game.  The good news, when the feed was lost it was Del Val 45, FDU 3.

Warren Thompson

As if Delaware Valley over FDU by 60 points isn't bad enough, what on earth are we to make of Widener over Wilkes by 90 points?

I hate to see teams doing this to each other, no matter the "explanation" or the "justification." These two scores present a very ugly picture of collegiate athletics.

skunks_sidekick

90?  Is that the correct score?  90?  That is the must unbelievable score I have ever seen.  Is Wilkes that bad?  How can the Widener coach even let that happen?

WOW!  90?????????

pg04

Quote from: skunks_sidekick on September 22, 2012, 05:39:58 PM
90?  Is that the correct score?  90?  That is the must unbelievable score I have ever seen.  Is Wilkes that bad?  How can the Widener coach even let that happen?

WOW!  90?????????

That's what I was wondering!  Please tell me it should be 9-0.

pg04

Quote from: pg04 on September 22, 2012, 05:41:59 PM
Quote from: skunks_sidekick on September 22, 2012, 05:39:58 PM

WOW!  90?????????

That's what I was wondering!  Please tell me it should be 9-0.

It is true! ...

http://widenerpride.com/custompages/12football/wilkesfb.htm

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Widener also apparently scored a TD on their final drive.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on September 22, 2012, 06:12:32 PM
Widener also apparently scored a TD on their final drive.

No need to settle for apparently when we have the box score. They did, although it was a short field.

http://www.d3football.com/seasons/2012/boxscores/20120922_zwxy.xml
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Bombers798891

Quote from: Warren Thompson on September 22, 2012, 04:08:28 PM
As if Delaware Valley over FDU by 60 points isn't bad enough, what on earth are we to make of Widener over Wilkes by 90 points?

I hate to see teams doing this to each other, no matter the "explanation" or the "justification." These two scores present a very ugly picture of collegiate athletics.

I've been harping on this on the E8 board, but teams wait way too long to pull their starters in these types of games. Throwing the ball with your starting quarterback up 56-0? Give me a break.

Jonny Utah

I would drop widener in the poll just for doing that.

Bombers798891

And this 2-pt. conversion attempt up 62-0...please tell me that was the result of a bad snap or something. If they went for a traditional two-point conversion up by nine touchdowns...

Jonny Utah

Quote from: Bombers798891 on September 22, 2012, 06:35:24 PM
And this 2-pt. conversion attempt up 62-0...please tell me that was the result of a bad snap or something. If they went for a traditional two-point conversion up by nine touchdowns...

Maybe there is another story here we are missing with this game?